No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if there were regs, and there is not, i would just loved to know how they would be court masherled in another galaxy. I would love to know how u breach the subject, "Yes, mama you are being put on trail a hundred bazillian miles away for disregading regs which dont exist" yea i bet that would fly well

Comment

See, they're just a cute couple!
      Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
      Last update: 14 April 2006
      Melyanna's Multimedia
      Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar
        No! I'm not going to do it! I'm not going to get dragged into shipping for another doomed romance! I'm sure the ole' 'It wouldn't be right for us as Commander and 2IC to get together' would be dragged out again for these two, even if their dynamic *is* the reverse of S/J... and there aren't, techncially any *regs* issues.
        Lalalalala!! *Fingers in ears...*
        It's too late. I've not even seen an episode of Atlantis yet and I've been converted by the pictures in people's sigs!!
        Yay, another one comes over...

You haven't seen an ep yet?

How did I get converted? Watched Rising... then there was some discussion on the Sam/Jack thread, then I started thunking for Sheppard and then suddenly Weir/Shep just struck me... aha I remember, the end of 38 minutes!!!

((((((((((((Lunar))))))))))), I tried to find a pic of Fran for your birthday a week or so ago and couldn't, then I seemed to have missed the boat. Hope you had a good one...

Comment

I just got told about this thread so I decided to pop over and read. Not sure if I'm convinced they're couple material. But I do enjoy their scenes together. I really hated WEIR at first but she's grown on me and I enjoy the chemistry between her and John.

Weir comes across as older than John, to me. And looks it..to me. But I rather like that as I'm the OLDER WOMAN to my hubby! LOL

That would actually be interesting to see. So I'll be looking out for this couple. Just to see what happens. I don't actually ship. Learned not to long ago. I just enjoy my faves *John is my fave in SGA* with whomever.

But I can see Weir/Shep working at some level. Interesting reading this thread. And lovely pictures.

Comment

Welcome aboard Merlin7. To me Liz and John seem to me to be about the same age, mid-thirties.

Comment

Originally posted by Watters87
              Welcome aboard Merlin7. To me Liz and John seem to me to be about the same age, mid-thirties.
              Thanks. Nice thread.

John just looks younger than that to me. Until I read the bio for Shep and learned how old Joe really was. I thought he was MAYBE 30. Sometimes he seems/looks a bit older. But he's aging really well.

I thought Weir was like in her early 40's. Hubby was not so kind! LOL

But I still really like that idea myself. Older woman/younger man. Even if it's just by a year or two. I'm tired of the same old Older guy with the hot chick. I see John as the HOT ONE in this pairing! LOL

GO WEIR!

Comment

Weir's cannon age is 37... which I personally think is rather unrealistic, but it places her and John the same age. IMDB doesn't have TH's age on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                  Weir's cannon age is 37... which I personally think is rather unrealistic, but it places her and John the same age. IMDB doesn't have TH's age on it.
                  I find it unrealistic as well. LOL

Comment

Hi Guys ,

I'll be posting here when I get to know the show a bit more ..still need to see a few more episodes but Sheppard is hot ..that's for sure so I expect Weir to be following him around a lot.

...and it's strange that ...except for Liv and Merlin .....I recognize all the screen names from the Sam and Jack shipper thread on the Weir and Sheppard ship thread ..How is that possible ??!!!!

Anyway ...Welcome to LIV to a shipper thread and may be Merlin when he/She decided .

Caty

Comment

Yeah, realistically, Weir would be at least ten years older. And Sheppard probably would be too, come to that. But I happen to like Joe Flanigan just like he is, so...
                      Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                      Last update: 14 April 2006
                      Melyanna's Multimedia
                      Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                        Anyway ...Welcome to LIV to a shipper thread and may be Merlin when he/She decided .
                        Thanks for the welcome. I'll probably hang around cause it's interesting. I definitely notice how Weir's concern is tangible for Sheppard. And not just in 38 minutes. When the group goes out she's always looking/focused on John when she'll say her COME BACK SAFE remarks and such.

Even in Rising it seemed her interest was more than just about John's GENE ability.

And in HOME? I mean...she was all "I KNOW Major Sheppard" Rodney was acting weird to her but it was John she was defending and more focused on! LOL

And I *Merlin* am a girl. I know the name confuses people when I post! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                          Yeah, realistically, Weir would be at least ten years older. And Sheppard probably would be too, come to that. But I happen to like Joe Flanigan just like he is, so...
                          Yeah. Joe is good, just the way he is.

I do see Weir as in her early 40's, just by appearances. So that works for me. Sheppard just seems too young, but I don't care. He's hot and he's funny and Joe is a fabulous actor and so it's all good. And he IS older than he looks. So it's all good! And that way I can indulge in the older woman/younger man theory. In fact. I may just have to write me some fanfic. Blarg.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
                            Thanks. Nice thread.

John just looks younger than that to me. Until I read the bio for Shep and learned how old Joe really was. I thought he was MAYBE 30. Sometimes he seems/looks a bit older. But he's aging really well.

I thought Weir was like in her early 40's. Hubby was not so kind! LOL

But I still really like that idea myself. Older woman/younger man. Even if it's just by a year or two. I'm tired of the same old Older guy with the hot chick. I see John as the HOT ONE in this pairing! LOL

GO WEIR!

How old is Joe ? Without knowing I would say about 37 ..Am I right ?!!
                            and Torri ..42 to 45 in real life !!!!

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
                              I just got told about this thread so I decided to pop over and read.
                              Hey, you found us!

Welcome to LIV to a shipper thread /.../
                              Shipper thread, yes... still not quite used to it, heh. But thanks; and you'll recognize me well enough as I'll be the one posting about how it can be interpreted from this angle and not just the shippy one.

But really, I am very interested in seeing where the chemistry that they share, can go. I'm just treading along really, really carefully and will just wait for it to develop naturally, if and when it does.

Originally posted by Melyanna
                              But I happen to like Joe Flanigan just like he is, so...
                              Wouldn't change a single thing. The man is perfect.
                              Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

How old is Joe ? Without knowing I would say about 37 ..Am I right ?!!
                                and Torri ..42 to 45 in real life !!!!

Caty

Wow..you're good. Yeppers. Joe is 37. A fantabulous looking 37 at that. He'll be 38 in Jan. Forgot the exact day.

Torri? That would be my guess. But she's probably younger.

Comment

Working...
                                X