No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    I just watched the Infinity War trailer. It was pretty intense.

I will say I have my doubts about how likely it is that some of your favorite characters will survive, unfortunately.

Just from glancing at the trailer,
    Spoiler:
    Pepper, Loki, Thor all come to mind as being implied to perish.

Tony is clutching what appears to a charred and lifeless female hand while rocking back and forth, at the beginning of the trailer.

Loki has the Tesseract, but Thanos also has it. Suggesting he is perhaps violently dispossessed of it at some point maybe?

Thor appears to be in the middle of what could some heroic sacrifice, and unless I'm mistaken both Robert Downy Jr and Chris Hemsworth have both expressed a desire to move on from the MCU.

Although I guess after further reflection there are other possibly better explanations for those images, but that was my first reaction.
    I dunno about
    Spoiler:
    Thor and Loki, but that is definitely NOT Pepper's hand that Tony's holding. Consensus among the fandom is, it's his own. Tony's been seen to have some issues with his left arm/side since Civil War. Plus, this clip looks to be in the same location as that other one where Thanos smacks back Iron Man, with an orange sky and not-Earth-like terrain. So, Pepper's back on Earth.

Although most people seemed to first think it might have been Peter Parker's hand, based on additional footage that was seen at Comic-Con San Diego earlier this year.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Ugh!!!! In the ones I've seen so far, it's that the people don't understand the difference between / and &.
    Gah! We get a bit of that, too. But mostly it's the other. *shudders*

But he's not doing the new one, right?
    Thankfully, no. The Russo Brothers (who did Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Captain America: Civil War) are doing both Infinity War and Avengers 4.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Sorry, I'm back. That is why I'm not going into the movie unspoiled. I'm going to wait a few days and hear all about it before I go.
    Me neither. I'm relying on friends in Europe to give us the lowdown since they'll get the movie before we do.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      I'm relying on friends in Europe to give us the lowdown since they'll get the movie before we do.
      You can't believe how much this is already being used in retaliation for spoilers for other things -- like "If you dare to..., remember we get... first."
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        You can't believe how much this is already being used in retaliation for spoilers for other things -- like "If you dare to..., remember we get... first."
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Comment

I just saw a spoiler for Infinity Wars that
            Spoiler:
            Loki is helping Thanos.

WTH?!?! I'm going to think he's going to double cross Thanos and do the right thing. Yes, I will live in my state of denial until the Europeans can tell us the whole story. Denial is a great thing.

And it's snowing at my house! First snow of the season.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

But it's an unhappy day in Atlantis as Navy lost to Army in their annual rivalry game 14-13.

I just saw a spoiler for Infinity Wars that
              Spoiler:
              Loki is helping Thanos.

WTH?!?! I'm going to think he's going to double cross Thanos and do the right thing. Yes, I will live in my state of denial until the Europeans can tell us the whole story. Denial is a great thing.

And it's snowing at my house! First snow of the season.
              A lot of the fandom
              Spoiler:
              is thinking the same thing, that Loki is going to double cross Thanos. That did happen in the comics as well (although it was another character that was in the "ally of Thanos" role), so there's some basis for it.

Comment

Busy weekend was had. Celebrating birthday at friend's new house - no furniture yet so slepped on the ground.

And since it snowed yesterday (and today -- chaos on the road), we had a snowball fight and then build a snowman. There we were, two 30-somethings, acting like kids.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Busy weekend was had. Celebrating birthday at friend's new house - no furniture yet so slepped on the ground.

And since it snowed yesterday (and today -- chaos on the road), we had a snowball fight and then build a snowman. There we were, two 30-somethings, acting like kids.
                  LOL! Sounds like a good time was had by all!

Comment

Fun! We had snow, but no accumulation. We didn't get to play, but it made for a beautiful day to hit the outdoor skate rink.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

...and now, I'm sick at home...

Typical! Was hoping to build a snowman with my colleagues at my usual office, since I was at a different office yesterday but my body decided for me and said no...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                        Fun! We had snow, but no accumulation. We didn't get to play, but it made for a beautiful day to hit the outdoor skate rink.
                        Sweet! I've never mastered the art of skating, I'm afraid. Just keep falling on my butt.

Typical! Was hoping to build a snowman with my colleagues at my usual office, since I was at a different office yesterday but my body decided for me and said no...
                        Awww, not happy! Hope you get better soon!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Comment

And it snowed again. It's pretty so long as I don't have to go out in it.

I'm going to see Star Wars on Saturday. SQUEE!!!!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

But it's an unhappy day in Atlantis as Navy lost to Army in their annual rivalry game 14-13.

A lot of the fandom
                            Spoiler:
                            is thinking the same thing, that Loki is going to double cross Thanos. That did happen in the comics as well (although it was another character that was in the "ally of Thanos" role), so there's some basis for it.
                            It cracks me up that the IW tag on Tumblr seems to be everyone freaking out that their favorite is going to die. I'll admit I'm still concerned, though.

I hope you feel better soon!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

And it snowed again. It's pretty so long as I don't have to go out in it.
                              Isn't that always the way?

I'm going to see Star Wars on Saturday. SQUEE!!!!!
                              Awesome, have a great time! Not sure if I'm going to go see it while it's in the theaters or wait until it hits cable like I did with Force Awakens.

It cracks me up that the IW tag on Tumblr seems to be everyone freaking out that their favorite is going to die. I'll admit I'm still concerned, though.
                              Just remember: Infinity Stone shenanigans. Any bad thing can be undone in Avengers 4.

Comment

I'm all ready for the Star Wars weekend!

Quite possibly -- or very maybe -- I'll be seeing it twice, once on Saturday and once on Sunday. My prop/costume group has to entertain the masses and we are allowed to go see the film at least once per day and I have a feeling that one of my friends will definitely make sure I stick around for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X