Page 7586 of 7602 FirstFirst ... 6586708674867536757675837584758575867587758875897596 ... LastLast
Results 151,701 to 151,720 of 152033

Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Red View Post
    I forgot the part about how Mr. SR had been working in the yard and was covered in grass clippings. Then there was the time he was pulling a nail out of a post under the deck and hit himself in the head with the hammer. We took the same trip to the doc with me driving this time. Our garage looked like a crime scene from the attempt to stop the bleeding. He got stitches and a shot that day.
    Ouch!! Poor Mr. SR!

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    Yeah, I learned SyFy cancelled The Expanse a few days ago. If there was only one show that I cared about staying on the air, it was this. When Dark Matter was cancelled on a cliffhanger not to long ago, I was gravely disappointed. When the Expanse was cancelled... I almost felt the urge to burn the entire SyFy channel down to the ground, despite the fact that it's not a physical place.

If the show isn't saved, this is one of those cancellations that is going to be lamented for decades, like Firefly, I suspect. The Expanse has been my favorite Science Fiction show is many years. It's so good. It even make me feel like I was finally back in the good old days before all my old favorite shows went off the air.
    I'm so sorry your favorite got cancelled.

Dark Matter - that was the Mallozzi one right? I couldn't watch anything associated with him after what he did to SGA. Yes, I'm a bitter person like that.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Yeah, I learned SyFy cancelled The Expanse a few days ago. If there was only one show that I cared about staying on the air, it was this. When Dark Matter was cancelled on a cliffhanger not to long ago, I was gravely disappointed. When the Expanse was cancelled... I almost felt the urge to burn the entire SyFy channel down to the ground, despite the fact that it's not a physical place.

If the show isn't saved, this is one of those cancellations that is going to be lamented for decades, like Firefly, I suspect. The Expanse has been my favorite Science Fiction show is many years. It's so good. It even make me feel like I was finally back in the good old days before all my old favorite shows went off the air.
    That's a shame. I've heard a lot of good stuff about The Expanse, I just never sat down to watch it with all the other shows on my plate.

Quote Originally Posted by JT-2 View Post
    Dark Matter - that was the Mallozzi one right? I couldn't watch anything associated with him after what he did to SGA. Yes, I'm a bitter person like that.
    Heh, you and me both.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Heh, you and me both.
    As I always put in my tags on Tumblr: never forgive, never forget.

Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

Heh, you and me both.
    Make that three.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1201&dateline=1311771170
    icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 5 of SG-1

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

As I always put in my tags on Tumblr: never forgive, never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Make that three.
    *high-fives*
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

I never took to 'Dark Matter,' I kept watching it but it never got interesting to me... I may have been wanting more 'Stargate' with Mallozzi involved.
    "I met a traveller from an antique land..."

That understandable. Dark Matter was often a very frustrating show to watch. And often for very familiar reasons now that I think about it. They introduced interesting season long arcs but spent most of the time per season on episodic filler. And they often had a tendency to waste time on stories and characters that they were about to kill off and abort, leading to a lot of screen time that went nowhere.

You may remember that I occasionally provided updates on Torri's episodes or scenes.

But it had a mostly good cast and a setting with a lot of promise.

And although history would suggest there was a good chance they might have squandered it's potential, it did end on a frustrating cliffhanger just when it seemed like it was going to get more interesting.

But wait... uh never mind about all that! I'm not trying to get people to want to bring back Dark Matter. I'm trying to spread the word about The Expanse!

#SaveTheExpanse

"First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Hmm, forgot to check in yesterday. Busy busy busy, LOL!

That understandable. Dark Matter was often a very frustrating show to watch. And often for very familiar reasons now that I think about it. They introduced interesting season long arcs but spent most of the time per season on episodic filler. And they often had a tendency to waste time on stories and characters that they were about to kill off and abort, leading to a lot of screen time that went nowhere.

You may remember that I occasionally provided updates on Torri's episodes or scenes.

But it had a mostly good cast and a setting with a lot of promise.

And although history would suggest there was a good chance they might have squandered it's potential, it did end on a frustrating cliffhanger just when it seemed like it was going to get more interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK4TQY3cJvw

But wait... uh never mind about all that! I'm not trying to get people to want to bring back Dark Matter. I'm trying to spread the word about The Expanse!

#SaveTheExpanse

Frustrating? Yeah, that sounds like Mallozzi, all right.

Lazy sunday will be lazy week cause I'm on holiday -- Fuertaventura, the Canary Islands -- and there's literally nothing to see or do on this island. Therefore... lots of relaxing ahead.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1201&dateline=1311771170
    icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Lazy sunday will be lazy week cause I'm on holiday -- Fuertaventura, the Canary Islands -- and there's literally nothing to see or do on this island. Therefore... lots of relaxing ahead.
    Aaaahhhh, sounds heavenly. Enjoy your vacation!

My classes start today. We'll see if my brain is still turned on or not.

Sounds great! Enjoy!

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Good luck, hope you do great and have fun!

Aw, first day of school.

My sister would tell you to pay attention, to be a good student, and to make lots of new friends.

Second Lieutenant Zandra's Ashes's Avatar

Finally watched Infinity War, and ugh. I was warned. It still hurt. Someone needs to take away my internet. I didn't watch any vids or read any articles before the movie, but now I want to read/watch everything about the next movie, even though it's all speculation. The only thing stopping me is that I suspect it will only hurt more. I'm both looking forward to and dreading May 2019.

Sounds amazing! Enjoy.

Ahh, the nostalgia of the first day of class. I hope you had a good day!
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Quote Originally Posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    Sounds amazing! Enjoy.
    It is.
    We went and visited the turtle sanctuary in the harbor today. Were able to watch 4 Loggerhead Turtles swimming in circles and several more sticking their fins out in other bassins. And one splashed water all over me... it was amazing.

Then walked down the beach (had a moment of 'Oh goddess, really... in the nude, dude!') before jumping back in our car and driving back up the mountain. This afternoon will be spend lazying in the sun (possibly starting on that Stephen King book a colleague of mine lend me last week).

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Quote Originally Posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    Finally watched Infinity War, and ugh. I was warned. It still hurt. Someone needs to take away my internet. I didn't watch any vids or read any articles before the movie, but now I want to read/watch everything about the next movie, even though it's all speculation. The only thing stopping me is that I suspect it will only hurt more. I'm both looking forward to and dreading May 2019.
    You and me both. The wait is going to be brutal, and the actual watching will be even more so.

It is.
    We went and visited the turtle sanctuary in the harbor today. Were able to watch 4 Loggerhead Turtles swimming in circles and several more sticking their fins out in other bassins. And one splashed water all over me... it was amazing.

Then walked down the beach (had a moment of 'Oh goddess, really... in the nude, dude!') before jumping back in our car and driving back up the mountain. This afternoon will be spend lazying in the sun (possibly starting on that Stephen King book a colleague of mine lend me last week).
    Squee, turtles!

As for the other, couldn't get away from that beach fast enough, eh? I don't blame you, LOL!

As for the other, couldn't get away from that beach fast enough, eh? I don't blame you, LOL!
    It was rather amusing actually cause his wife was appropriately covered, while he was flaunting everything. Of course, there were several other ladies flaunting their top but even they were, you know, lying in the sun -- not walking around.

He could have at least covered himself up... just for the walking...

Lieutenant General Southern Red's Avatar

It was rather amusing actually cause his wife was appropriately covered, while he was flaunting everything. Of course, there were several other ladies flaunting their top but even they were, you know, lying in the sun -- not walking around.

Ewww. I was shocked when we went to a beach on the Med and saw some of that. Americans may be prudes but somethimes that's a good thing. Mr. SR and I always laugh at Hawaii Five-0 when they have all the people on the beach looking like they hopped out of the swimsuit edition of Sports Illustrated. In reality when we were in Hawaii we saw things on the beach that we can never unsee. Look in the mirror people!

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Ewww. I was shocked when we went to a beach on the Med and saw some of that. Americans may be prudes but somethimes that's a good thing.
    I don't consider myself a prude, but damn sometimes... just ... come on...

Mr. SR and I always laugh at Hawaii Five-0 when they have all the people on the beach looking like they hopped out of the swimsuit edition of Sports Illustrated. In reality when we were in Hawaii we saw things on the beach that we can never unsee. Look in the mirror people!
    Those are digitally removed from the image... the rest can stay, price tag nearly included.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

I'm with SR...ewwww!

Ewww. I was shocked when we went to a beach on the Med and saw some of that. Americans may be prudes but somethimes that's a good thing. Mr. SR and I always laugh at Hawaii Five-0 when they have all the people on the beach looking like they hopped out of the swimsuit edition of Sports Illustrated. In reality when we were in Hawaii we saw things on the beach that we can never unsee. Look in the mirror people!
    I know, right? I cannot tell you how many times I've seen epic clothing disasters just going around town, both when I lived in SoCal and now up here in the northlands. Seriously people, it's really not that hard to find clothing that's actually flattering to your body!

Page 7586 of 7602 FirstFirst ... 6586708674867536757675837584758575867587758875897596 ... LastLast