Page 7698 of 7710 FirstFirst ... 6698719875987648768876957696769776987699770077017708 ... LastLast
Results 153,941 to 153,960 of 154184
  1. #153941
    General Scary Kitty's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    N UR jumpr, eetng UR turkee sammich!
    Posts
    24,328

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

    Hmm, I thought I posted the daily greetings yesterday...guess I forgot. Ooops.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    Thank goodness we get twin tales to lighten the mood! Good call for the parents to protect them. Wish I could have seen that zoom video though! One day they'll be ready for the remote control cars and they can have a Sheppard/McKay style showdown.
    OMG. That would be EPIC.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

  2. #153942
    General Falcon Horus's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    ...out there...
    Posts
    34,912

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Hmm, I thought I posted the daily greetings yesterday...guess I forgot. Ooops.
    At least you still know what day it is...

    We're changing the clocks today -- an hour forward we go, which means longer daylight.... so more sun... too bad, it's gonna rain next week.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 8 of SG-1
    First time time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

  3. #153943
    General Scary Kitty's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    N UR jumpr, eetng UR turkee sammich!
    Posts
    24,328

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    At least you still know what day it is...

    We're changing the clocks today -- an hour forward we go, which means longer daylight.... so more sun... too bad, it's gonna rain next week.
    Whoa, you're just going on Daylight Savings Time now? We did that at the beginning of the month over here...and I'm just now getting used to it...
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

  4. #153944
    General Falcon Horus's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    ...out there...
    Posts
    34,912

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Whoa, you're just going on Daylight Savings Time now? We did that at the beginning of the month over here...and I'm just now getting used to it...
    Indeed... at the end of March we jump one hour forward which means one hour less staying at home.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 8 of SG-1
    First time time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

  5. #153945
    General Scary Kitty's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    N UR jumpr, eetng UR turkee sammich!
    Posts
    24,328

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Indeed... at the end of March we jump one hour forward which means one hour less staying at home.
    D'oh!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

  6. #153946
    Colonel JT-2's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bermuda, in my dreams anyway
    Posts
    6,794

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    I started the epic battle "The Search for Toilet Paper" today.

    I lost.

  7. #153947
    Major Infinite-Possibilities's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,726

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Yeah, I've had a few of those days too. Fortunately, a family friend managed to pick up a giant packet of them and was generous enough to give it to us.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

    *You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

    "Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

    "Elizabeth..."

  8. #153948
    Colonel JT-2's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bermuda, in my dreams anyway
    Posts
    6,794

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    Yeah, I've had a few of those days too. Fortunately, a family friend managed to pick up a giant packet of them and was generous enough to give it to us.
    That's very nice of them!

  9. #153949
    General Falcon Horus's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    ...out there...
    Posts
    34,912

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JT-2 View Post
    I started the epic battle "The Search for Toilet Paper" today.

    I lost.
    TP vs JT --> 1-0

    We had a package delivered, though on further inspection it turned out we still had 3 rolls lying around in our bathroom. Ah well... we're good for another couple of months.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 8 of SG-1
    First time time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

  10. #153950
    Colonel JT-2's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bermuda, in my dreams anyway
    Posts
    6,794

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    TP vs JT --> 1-0

    We had a package delivered, though on further inspection it turned out we still had 3 rolls lying around in our bathroom. Ah well... we're good for another couple of months.
    I'm declaring a cease fire for today. I'll continue the fight tomorrow.

    I looked at Amazon to order it but you could only buy huge quantities. I live alone. I don't need 3 years worth.

  11. #153951
    General Falcon Horus's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    ...out there...
    Posts
    34,912

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JT-2 View Post
    I'm declaring a cease fire for today. I'll continue the fight tomorrow.


    Quote Originally Posted by JT-2 View Post
    I looked at Amazon to order it but you could only buy huge quantities. I live alone. I don't need 3 years worth.
    My best friend accidently made a bulk order on Amazon (well before corona was the talk of the town). She's giving it away now.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 8 of SG-1
    First time time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

  12. #153952
    General Scary Kitty's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    N UR jumpr, eetng UR turkee sammich!
    Posts
    24,328

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

    Still got plenty of TP, thankfully. The question is, can we find fresh fish at the market today?
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

  13. #153953
    Lieutenant General Southern Red's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Location
    working on SGARising
    Posts
    16,361

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JT-2 View Post
    I started the epic battle "The Search for Toilet Paper" today.

    I lost.
    I went to the store today also and they were pretty well stocked except for TP, cleaning products and hand sanitizer. We have a corner of our basement that we call our bodega where we store food, paper and cleaning products. There is also a wine section and a freezer. We have everything except produce and dairy. LOL I have enough TP for a couple of months at least. After that I may have to barter with my neighbors.

    Our governor has declared a stay at home order until June 10. I will have long gray hair by then and the twins will have forgotten us. We have a community forum online here and I must say I am embarrassed for some of my neighbors. I think they only heard the "stay at home" part and not the rest of the info on what businesses can stay open. However, it seems like the traffic is only about 20% reduced around here. Maybe they're all out looking for TP.

    Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

  14. #153954
    Colonel JT-2's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bermuda, in my dreams anyway
    Posts
    6,794

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    TP vs JT --> 1-0
    New score! TP vs JT --> 1-1!!

    I was going to wait until tomorrow but a friend reminded me that tomorrow is the first of the month, so all the people who get monthly government checks would be out in force, so it would likely be crowded. I was able to get 4 individual rolls (that was the limit, and there were only individual rolls available). I'm just glad I got some. Now I can calm down about it for awhile. I hope this whole limited supply thing stops soon.



    Quote Originally Posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

    Still got plenty of TP, thankfully. The question is, can we find fresh fish at the market today?
    I hope you were able to get some!


    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Red View Post
    I went to the store today also and they were pretty well stocked except for TP, cleaning products and hand sanitizer. We have a corner of our basement that we call our bodega where we store food, paper and cleaning products. There is also a wine section and a freezer. We have everything except produce and dairy. LOL I have enough TP for a couple of months at least. After that I may have to barter with my neighbors.
    Yeah, I found the stores to be at least partly stocked except for cleaners and paper products.

    That's smart about the wine section!! I would love a sangria right about now. Don't you have a great recipe for that? I remember you posting that.


    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Red View Post
    Our governor has declared a stay at home order until June 10. I will have long gray hair by then and the twins will have forgotten us. We have a community forum online here and I must say I am embarrassed for some of my neighbors. I think they only heard the "stay at home" part and not the rest of the info on what businesses can stay open. However, it seems like the traffic is only about 20% reduced around here. Maybe they're all out looking for TP.


    June 10th? Wow, that's so far away. Damn.

    Can you Skype with the twins? I'm sure they won't forget you.

    And I've seen some truly stupid things said on Facebook about the virus and the quarantine. Some of it from my own family.

  15. #153955
    Lieutenant General Southern Red's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Location
    working on SGARising
    Posts
    16,361

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JT-2 View Post
    New score! TP vs JT --> 1-1!!


    That's smart about the wine section!! I would love a sangria right about now. Don't you have a great recipe for that? I remember you posting that.
    I do. I'll try to post that for you tomorrow.

    Can you Skype with the twins? I'm sure they won't forget you.
    We Facetimed with them earlier. Mom and Dad are working from home so they have to take turns with the boys and try to work in between. Thing 1 likes to do raspberries with Grandpa so he did that on the phone. Dad said he only does that with us so I think he remembers us. Thing 2 is a very busy boy but he did tell us about Elmo and Dog. We are all coping the best we can.

    Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

  16. #153956
    General Falcon Horus's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    ...out there...
    Posts
    34,912

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Red View Post
    Our governor has declared a stay at home order until June 10.
    June 10?!?

    That's 2 months... that's even longer than us right now.

    Although, I suspect we'll be locked down for at least another month. Currently we have orders until April 19th but we're pretty sure they'll be extended to May 3rd (May 1st is Labor Day so day off).

    And I'm sure Thing 1 and 2 won't ever forget you.
    Your son won't let them -- he'll be using that camera screen to keep them occupied so you start practicing grandparenting from a distance.

    Quote Originally Posted by JT-2 View Post
    New score! TP vs JT --> 1-1!!


    Quote Originally Posted by JT-2 View Post
    And I've seen some truly stupid things said on Facebook about the virus and the quarantine. Some of it from my own family.
    I have to admit that I've been reading the hashtag "ReopenAmerica" on twitter a lot lately. The Darwin Awards will have so many nominations this year.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 8 of SG-1
    First time time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

  17. #153957
    Lieutenant General Southern Red's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Location
    working on SGARising
    Posts
    16,361

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I have to admit that I've been reading the hashtag "ReopenAmerica" on twitter a lot lately. The Darwin Awards will have so many nominations this year.
    After reading Twitter today, I came up with 2 schools of thought.

    1. It's all a hoax and the government is lying to us.
    2. We're all going to die and the government is lying to us.

    Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

  18. #153958
    General Falcon Horus's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    ...out there...
    Posts
    34,912

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Red View Post
    After reading Twitter today, I came up with 2 schools of thought.

    1. It's all a hoax and the government is lying to us.
    2. We're all going to die and the government is lying to us.
    You think the government is lying?
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 8 of SG-1
    First time time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

  19. #153959
    Lieutenant General Southern Red's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Location
    working on SGARising
    Posts
    16,361

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    You think the government is lying?
    *snort* Yeah, but not as much as the press.

    As promised, the Sangria recipe
    Spoiler:
    3 cups red wine
    3 cups Sprite or similar
    2 cups Triple Sec
    ¼ (12-ounce) OJ concentrate
    ? cup Tequila
    Fruit of choice: orange, lemon, lime; sliced

    Will fit into a 2 quart Pitcher.


    If possible, put in freezer overnight. Remove from freezer a few hours
    before serving. Another option is to make Sangria ice cubes to add to punch. Much
    experimentation might be necessary. Expect it to disappear quickly.

    Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

  20. #153960
    General Falcon Horus's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    ...out there...
    Posts
    34,912

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Red View Post
    As promised, the Sangria recipe
    Spoiler:
    3 cups red wine
    3 cups Sprite or similar
    2 cups Triple Sec
    ¼ (12-ounce) OJ concentrate
    ? cup Tequila
    Fruit of choice: orange, lemon, lime; sliced

    Will fit into a 2 quart Pitcher.


    If possible, put in freezer overnight. Remove from freezer a few hours
    before serving. Another option is to make Sangria ice cubes to add to punch. Much
    experimentation might be necessary. Expect it to disappear quickly.
    I don't drink alcohol but damn that sounds like it tastes terrific.

    I had a non-alcoholic version of Sangria once, though I suspect the amount of fermented fruit in it, that it wasn't as non-alcoholic as our cook back then claimed it was.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 8 of SG-1
    First time time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Page 7698 of 7710 FirstFirst ... 6698719875987648768876957696769776987699770077017708 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation
    By Erin in forum SGA Characters and Relationships
    Replies: 6949
    Last Post: December 10th, 2017, 12:42 PM
  2. Daniel Jackson/Elizabeth Weir Ship/Discussion/Appreciation
    By Dr. Elizabeth Weir in forum SG-1 Characters & Relationships
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: January 5th, 2015, 04:51 PM
  3. Jennifer Keller/John Sheppard Discussion/Ship/Appreciation
    By Erised in forum SGA Characters and Relationships
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: September 24th, 2010, 02:14 PM
  4. Jack O'Neill/Elizabeth Weir Ship Discussion/Appreciation
    By Harri in forum SG-1 Characters & Relationships
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: April 19th, 2009, 04:45 AM
  5. Sheppard/Teyla Ship and Sheppard/Weir Ship Discussion Thread
    By Cpt. Ritter in forum SGA Characters and Relationships
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: February 28th, 2006, 10:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •