Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    As long as I move the thumb around, it doesn't actually do that whole triggerfinger-thing. However, the moment I stop moving my hand around, I can feel the tension building and before I know it, I feel the pop. It's both the oddest sensation ever and absolutely creeping me out. It's like my thumb's having a life on its own right now.

Considering the pinched nerve in my foot (from wearing sneakers) took approximately 6 months to heal, I reckon I won't be doing much gaming in the next two months, but that's okay, the house move is coming up, I won't have much time anyway.
    I hope you heal quick. Don't be surprised if this injury talks to you when you get older. My arthritis causes various digits to speak up loudly at random. I'm just hoping they don't form a chorus. My broken foot still twinges occasionally after 2 years. Mr. SR had knee surgery over 30 years ago and that knee has suddenly started making noise over the last few years. Old age is not for sissies.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Like when someone can tell the weather's gonna change because something or another starts aching...

I have no doubt that my body will hit me in my older age, with a vengeance I can hardly imagine now. And I'd rather not.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        I hope you heal quick. Don't be surprised if this injury talks to you when you get older. My arthritis causes various digits to speak up loudly at random. I'm just hoping they don't form a chorus. My broken foot still twinges occasionally after 2 years. Mr. SR had knee surgery over 30 years ago and that knee has suddenly started making noise over the last few years. Old age is not for sissies.
        Yup, that's happening with me too. My broken wrist from over 20 years ago, and my toe joints that were tinkered with in my foot surgery several years ago, do occasionally twinge and ache in the cold. Keeping them wrapped up in good socks and slippers and gloves helps keep the freeze twinges to a minimum.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I've added a lot more yoga to my weekly routine and can finally stand from a floor seated position without help or sounding like I'm ninety from both groaning and bone popping. Maybe I should keep at it, eh? I guess age will come no matter what...
          sigpic
          Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Today in training: arms were added.

On coming home and taking my jacket off, I could hear my shoulder bones grind together and I'm like... ... and my sister goes, "Yes, that was your shoulder, and not my jaw."

We make a great pair, the two of us.

Comment

Speaking of feeling old...

I went for the set-up for radiation appointment today. I had to have my arms over my head for like 40 minutes. When I finally got to put them down, my shoulders screamed at me. I felt like I was 90.

Oh, and FH... OUCH!!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

I went for the set-up for radiation appointment today. I had to have my arms over my head for like 40 minutes. When I finally got to put them down, my shoulders screamed at me. I felt like I was 90.
                I raise you 10 years when today's over... I feel my muscles giving me an earful about yesterday's training.

But...

...*whispers*...the muscles in my abdomen are remarkably silent... and they were hurting yesterday so I have faith that I at least have muscles in shape there.

Oh, and FH... OUCH!!
                That's what I said too.

Comment

Like when someone can tell the weather's gonna change because something or another starts aching...

I have no doubt that my body will hit me in my older age, with a vengeance I can hardly imagine now. And I'd rather not.
                  No matter what age you are, you can't imagine being really old. Mr. SR has a 97 year old aunt who recently fractured her pelvis. She's out of rehab now but sounds really weak. I can't even.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Yup, that's happening with me too. My broken wrist from over 20 years ago, and my toe joints that were tinkered with in my foot surgery several years ago, do occasionally twinge and ache in the cold. Keeping them wrapped up in good socks and slippers and gloves helps keep the freeze twinges to a minimum.
                  Funny but my feet get colder in the summer with the AC on so I wear socks year round, just heavier ones in the winter.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                  I've added a lot more yoga to my weekly routine and can finally stand from a floor seated position without help or sounding like I'm ninety from both groaning and bone popping. Maybe I should keep at it, eh? I guess age will come no matter what...
                  Yoga? Please. My back is still sore from sitting on the floor and playing cars with Thing 1 a couple of weeks ago. And no, yoga won't help. It's way too late. My hips don't bend that way anymore.
                  sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                    Yeeouch!

Today in training: arms were added.

On coming home and taking my jacket off, I could hear my shoulder bones grind together and I'm like... ... and my sister goes, "Yes, that was your shoulder, and not my jaw."

We make a great pair, the two of us.

Oh, and FH... OUCH!!
                    Ugh, I think my arms would be screaming after 15 minutes. It's bad enough when I have to redo my hair for the fourth time in the morning because it just won't pin right.

No matter what age you are, you can't imagine being really old. Mr. SR has a 97 year old aunt who recently fractured her pelvis. She's out of rehab now but sounds really weak. I can't even.

Funny but my feet get colder in the summer with the AC on so I wear socks year round, just heavier ones in the winter.
                    Hmm, mine do too. Maybe it's a redhead thing...

Yoga? Please. My back is still sore from sitting on the floor and playing cars with Thing 1 a couple of weeks ago. And no, yoga won't help. It's way too late. My hips don't bend that way anymore.
                    Sounds like I'd better start the yoga now...
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

If I inherited more genes from my father's side of the family than of my mother's than I have a very good chance at finding out what really old feels like. I have a great-grandmother who was 101 years old when she passed away a couple years ago.

Comment

The Office Saga... continues as long as I feel inspired by events from my daily life and/or my office life...

Chapter I
                        Chapter II
                        Chapter III
                        Chapter IV
                        Chapter V

Chapter VI

Spoiler:
                        Elizabeth eyed the content of the "this side up" package. The content lay spread out across the floor of her quarters, items which belonged together, grouped together.

She could tell that the maker of the package had taken extra care to keep the contents from jostling around, but "handle with care" didn't seem to be a trait the Stargate Command postal service was familiar with. Notwithstanding that three weeks on the Daedalus hadn't also left some scarring.

It was a miracle the bottles of Westvleteren Trappist beer had made it to Atlantis in one piece, for which Elizabeth was ever so grateful.

The little bags of corn, on the other hand, hadn't been so lucky. She had gathered a handful of loose corn seeds from the box, and was still looking for the bag with the hole. She found it when she picked up two at once to check them and the remainder of the package dropped its content on her floor. She grumbled as corn seeds rolled and bounced every which way, disappearing underneath her furniture.

"Why oh why couldn't he just like chocolate best?"

She mumbled as she crawled across the floor collecting the seeds.

"Or coffee, like any normal human being."

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

The Office Saga... continues as long as I feel inspired by events from my daily life and/or my office life...

Chapter I
                          Chapter II
                          Chapter III
                          Chapter IV
                          Chapter V

Chapter VI

Spoiler:
                          Elizabeth eyed the content of the "this side up" package. The content lay spread out across the floor of her quarters, items which belonged together, grouped together.

She could tell that the maker of the package had taken extra care to keep the contents from jostling around, but "handle with care" didn't seem to be a trait the Stargate Command postal service was familiar with. Notwithstanding that three weeks on the Daedalus hadn't also left some scarring.

It was a miracle the bottles of Westvleteren Trappist beer had made it to Atlantis in one piece, for which Elizabeth was ever so grateful.

The little bags of corn, on the other hand, hadn't been so lucky. She had gathered a handful of loose corn seeds from the box, and was still looking for the bag with the hole. She found it when she picked up two at once to check them and the remainder of the package dropped its content on her floor. She grumbled as corn seeds rolled and bounced every which way, disappearing underneath her furniture.

Hmm, the plot thickens...or should I say, pops up?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Hmm, the plot thickens...or should I say, pops up?

There's obviously more coming -- this part ain't finished yet.

Comment

Chapter I
                              Chapter II
                              Chapter III
                              Chapter IV
                              Chapter V

Chapter VI

Spoiler:

Intriguing.
                              sigpic

Comment

Can't wait to read the rest!

Comment

Working...
                                X