No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    I made it through surgery! So far the post-op pain hasn't been as bad as I feared. So YAY for that!!
    YAY! Glad to hear everything went well! Take it easy this weekend! *hugs you*

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    With regards to NOT burning down the internet... *bites lip* ...I accidently initiated a DDOS attack on an IP address earlier today. Luckily I realized my mistake within a few seconds and was able to avert disaster from striking -- on time. The infinite loop gave away I was doing something wrong so I exited the command prompt app which stopped the process.

I mistyped a command prompt pinging that same IP, which was already blocked from the server cause it had been involved in some unsavory action on one of our servers causing our website to crash. They initially thought that my team and I were responsible for that misfortune but the IP didn't match with ours and I nor my teammembers were online during the event that caused the crash.

Heck I didn't even know what I had done until much later in the afternoon I was looking for answers to what could have caused the crash, besides someone trying to attack our server from the outside, and thus now I know how that works and how to stop it -- even though you need specialized software for it, to detect and shut down the server before your DDOS attack does the shut down for you.

I also know that none of my colleagues could have had anything to do with it cause there's literally no one around, smart enough to cause a website crash. They are more likely to crash their laptops than individual websites. I have a knack for breaking things (hence why they love to get me to do tool testing -- if I can't break it, it's ready for deployment -- literally) or crashing datatables in Access and Excel. I blame the programs. I live in constant war with these two.
    OMG!

Apparently they think that the server can't handle the normal traffic... ...they asked to add more space.

I rolled my eyes when I read the reply to my last mail.
    LOL! Well, better overbuilt than underbuilt.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    I explored the intercoastal waterway today (jumped on a nature tour when I saw only two others had booked, everyone wearing masks) and was so impressed with the undeveloped spaces only accessible by boat. I'll have to remember that as the tour company also offers drops off so you can spend a few hours on a secluded beach before they return to pick you up.

I also stopped by the grocery store on my way into to town to stock up my fridge and have been grabbing take out, so I have been socially responsible as best as I can while not staying at home. I probably should have mentioned that on my first post.

Thank you. I've been exploring before everyone wakes up- with my mask- and it's been lovely to have these streets to myself.
    OMG, it sounds so gorgeous and peaceful. *heart eyes* Glad you're having a great time!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Yay indeed. I know you're glad it's over.
      Most definitely. I was very worried. Then in the bed next to me before surgery was a woman who told her nurse how her husband died after a surgery because he got meningitis. I didn't need to hear that!! I felt so bad for her, though. You could tell she was flipping out, understandably, at the idea of going under the knife. I was sitting in my bed thinking they should give her the "happy juice" (that's what they called it) a little earlier. Poor woman.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      YAY! Glad to hear everything went well! Take it easy this weekend! *hugs you*
      *Gently hugs back*

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Most definitely. I was very worried. Then in the bed next to me before surgery was a woman who told her nurse how her husband died after a surgery because he got meningitis. I didn't need to hear that!! I felt so bad for her, though. You could tell she was flipping out, understandably, at the idea of going under the knife. I was sitting in my bed thinking they should give her the "happy juice" (that's what they called it) a little earlier. Poor woman.
        Eeep.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Apparently they think that the server can't handle the normal traffic... ...they asked to add more space.

I rolled my eyes when I read the reply to my last mail.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

OMG, it sounds so gorgeous and peaceful. *heart eyes* Glad you're having a great time!
          Thank you! It helped offset the sting of the prior week and from the kayak trip in the San Juans I missed. I know I need to stop with the missed trips, but I'm still bitter, lol. Two years things have come up and I've had to cancel the flights. 2021 needs to be aware, I'm coming for the Orca. It's participation would be helpful

*Gently hugs back*
          I'm so glad recovery seems to be going better than you maybe expected pain wise, hopefully in all ways, but OMG. What a roommate. Sorry to hear of your experience, she was lucky it was you in the room I suppose. I can totally imagine another patient not handling it so well.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
            Thank you! It helped offset the sting of the prior week and from the kayak trip in the San Juans I missed. I know I need to stop with the missed trips, but I'm still bitter, lol. Two years things have come up and I've had to cancel the flights. 2021 needs to be aware, I'm coming for the Orca. It's participation would be helpful
            LOL! *cue the Jaws theme*

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Comment

I adulted today... (not a verb but go with it) ...we found a house we liked. Finished in 2019 and owned by a young couple who recently split (amicably I might add).

Visited yesterday. Had a good feeling about it, and decided to return today with dad (he's chipping in).
                The current owner made a mention that anyone bidding the asking price (450.000€ --> 505.163,70$) would be immediately accepted.

On our way home from the visit, there was no doubt that we wanted to take the plunge, even though we still have to go round the bank to discuss the loan so if we each don't get the 150.000€ (168.387,90$) we hope for, we won't be able to go through with buying the house. I'm a little anxious about the loan cause I fear they might deny me the full loan -- though I wouldn't know why. I have collateral in the shape of already owning half a house (my grandfather's).

But anywho... I adulted today.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

I adulted today... (not a verb but go with it) ...we found a house we liked. Finished in 2019 and owned by a young couple who recently split (amicably I might add).

Visited yesterday. Had a good feeling about it, and decided to return today with dad (he's chipping in).
                  The current owner made a mention that anyone bidding the asking price (450.000€ --> 505.163,70$) would be immediately accepted.

On our way home from the visit, there was no doubt that we wanted to take the plunge, even though we still have to go round the bank to discuss the loan so if we each don't get the 150.000€ (168.387,90$) we hope for, we won't be able to go through with buying the house. I'm a little anxious about the loan cause I fear they might deny me the full loan -- though I wouldn't know why. I have collateral in the shape of already owning half a house (my grandfather's).

Whoo hoo! Now that's some hardcore adulting right there! Good luck, I hope you get the loan you need so you can buy the house!

Comment

I know... also being a (responsible) adult is hard work...

Comment

Yay- fingers crossed! I'm always a bundle of nerves until the papers are signed and the keys in my hand.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good for you!! I hope you get the loan. That's some serious adulting!

I did some adulting myself today. Started my new job. I need to win the lottery so I can not work and still have money.....

Comment

I need to win the lottery so I can not work and still have money.....
                          I second that.

Also, good luck with the new job.

Comment

I second that.

Also, good luck with the new job.
                            Thanks!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

I did some adulting myself today. Started my new job. I need to win the lottery so I can not work and still have money.....
                              Thirding that. Good luck on the new job, hope it's going well!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Thirding that. Good luck on the new job, hope it's going well!
                                It's slow going. Getting access to systems takes awhile.

My doctor just called me to say my "atypical" cells are actually "pre-cancer". So now I have to have another MRI, some genetic counseling, and meet with some board. She mentioned I might have to have radiation or take something like tamoxifen. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

Comment

Working...
                                X