Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you.

Originally posted by itsaparadox View Post
    After what happened to Photobucket i moved over to Imgur for my photos. Works just fine for me.
    Thanks for the tip.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Yes, but the whole point is you only have to remember your master password. It stores all the others for you.
      Too true.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Someone over on Stargate Command was bingewatching SG1 and The Golden Girls, and dreamed about a crossover. I though she should write it too -- it was considered a crackpot idea.

And someone else complained most Tumblr Atlantis fans only seem to ship McShep.
          Though plenty of Sparkies on Command though.

On that note: why are we calling it Sparky again?
          I haven’t been over to Stargate Command yet. How does it compare to the Gateworld website? Or does it?

ETA: so when I tried to go to the website a minute ago, it had some strange, “must register before you can enter the site” cookie. But then I went back and tried it again and it came up fine so I poked around a little bit.

Oh, and RE: the autocorrect convo from earlier: I was using voice-to-text on my iPad as I was replying, and I don’t know if it was because I had DS9 playing in the background, but it transcribed some very interesting words that I DEFINITELY didn’t say.
          Last edited by ShipperWriter; 21 October 2017, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Think I knocked out 2weeks of work in one, but I am ready for the rest of the month off. At the airport now with a carry on I'll be living out of for the next 8 days.

Someone over on Stargate Command was bingewatching SG1 and The Golden Girls, and dreamed about a crossover. I though she should write it too -- it was considered a crackpot idea.
            This gave me the instant mental image of Rodney bickering with Sofia

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Yes, but the whole point is you only have to remember your master password. It stores all the others for you.
            Brilliant! I need this in my life.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!
            Luck is not enough for my team this season, poor guys...they are taking a beating. Have to admire them for showing up at this point when all the betting boards are against them.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
            I haven’t been over to Stargate Command yet. How does it compare to the Gateworld website? Or does it?

ETA: so when I tried to go to the website a minute ago, it had some strange, “must register before you can enter the site” cookie. But then I went back and tried it again and it came up fine so I poked around a little bit.

Oh, and RE: the autocorrect convo from earlier: I was using voice-to-text on my iPad as I was replying, and I don’t know if it was because I had DS9 playing in the background, but it transcribed some very interesting words that I DEFINITELY didn’t say.
            Lol. Cracks me up, I don't use talk to text, but my auto-correct must be in sync with my inner evil voice. It translates my words into curses...a lot.
            sigpic
            Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good evening, Sparkies! Hope you all enjoyed this Lazy Sunday...not so lazy for me, got woken up at 4am by the alarm on my uninterrupted power supply for my iMac going off because the power went out, and then out and about for the rest of the day. Busy busy busy!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
              Think I knocked out 2weeks of work in one, but I am ready for the rest of the month off. At the airport now with a carry on I'll be living out of for the next 8 days.
              Have a great vacay!

Luck is not enough for my team this season, poor guys...they are taking a beating. Have to admire them for showing up at this point when all the betting boards are against them.
              Starting to look a little like a roller coaster for my boys too. But they're still my boys no matter what.

Lol. Cracks me up, I don't use talk to text, but my auto-correct must be in sync with my inner evil voice. It translates my words into curses...a lot.
              Hmm, sounds like I ought to try talk to text and see what comes up...

And now to this week's College Football Roundup! OMG it's another crazy week as USC lost to Notre Dame 49-14, Virginia Tech beat North Carolina 59-7, Tennessee lost to Alabama 45-7, Air Force beat Nevada 45-42, and Navy lost to UCF 31-21.

Comment

It does not compare to GW at all. In fact, Gateworld is still 100 times better than the app in every possible way, and as far as I'm concerned there is no other official Stargate home than Gateworld.

There are constant delays, crashes and loadtimes that make your skin crawl.
                And people actually paid 20 dollar to stream episodes -- there are dozens of complaints about the quality of the image, the sound (or lack thereof), and the lacking setting to pause and play in the middle of the episode -- and one of my favorites to point and laugh with, the going dark of the phone or tablet screen after a minute or so.

It has chased a lot of people away, and Origins isn't even available yet. No idea, if we'll see them again when it does.

And now to this week's College Football Roundup! OMG it's another crazy week as USC lost to Notre Dame 49-14, Virginia Tech beat North Carolina 59-7, Tennessee lost to Alabama 45-7, Air Force beat Nevada 45-42, and Navy lost to UCF 31-21.
                Another win...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

It does not compare to GW at all. In fact, Gateworld is still 100 times better than the app in every possible way, and as far as I'm concerned there is no other official Stargate home than Gateworld.

And people actually paid 20 dollar to stream episodes -- there are dozens of complaints about the quality of the image, the sound (or lack thereof), and the lacking setting to pause and play in the middle of the episode -- and one of my favorites to point and laugh with, the going dark of the phone or tablet screen after a minute or so.

It has chased a lot of people away, and Origins isn't even available yet. No idea, if we'll see them again when it does.
                  That doesn't bode well for the site's or the series's future, that's for sure...

Another win...
                  Always a good thing! And ensures that John and Lorne are in a good mood the next morning for the PT run...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Comment

Good evening, Sparkies! Hope you all enjoyed this Lazy Sunday...not so lazy for me, got woken up at 4am by the alarm on my uninterrupted power supply for my iMac going off because the power went out, and then out and about for the rest of the day. Busy busy busy!

Have a great vacay!

Starting to look a little like a roller coaster for my boys too. But they're still my boys no matter what.

Hmm, sounds like I ought to try talk to text and see what comes up...

Yep, still got to love them, no matter what. And yes, I think I need to try the talk to text too if for nothing but the entertainment value.

As for the vacy...so far the stuff dreams are made of. Maybe I'm just easy, but seeing the Eiffel Tower from the rooftop bar of my hotel as I wind down for the night with a drink is a bucket list item. And the 3 hour food tour I took- all I can say is amazing.

Drat. I wanted to sign up. I wanted to love it. Had a feeling there would be some bumps in the road.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

That doesn't bode well for the site's or the series's future, that's for sure...

Always a good thing! And ensures that John and Lorne are in a good mood the next morning for the PT run...
                      That's a run I'd want to join! And probably should after this vacay.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Drat. I wanted to sign up. I wanted to love it. Had a feeling there would be some bumps in the road.
                        You can sign up for free (I can't pay for the streaming service even if I wanted to -- only 6 countries can) and check out the free stuff.

Comment

Why does the ABC streaming not work?
                          sigpic
                          Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                            Why does the ABC streaming not work?
                            We're discussing the Stargate Command streaming service -- you know where the webseries will be available sometime around the end of December or the beginning of January.

The app and website are accessible worldwide, but the streaming service to watch the episodes of all 3 series (the TV-versions and director's cut of CotG), and all the movies, is limited to the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the UK and Germany. They are the only ones who can buy the all-access pass for the amount of 20$, and watch Stargate Origins (which is an odd way of gaining fan interest for a show you intend to use to see if there's still interest -- they're literally cutting of half the fandom from it).

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

As for the vacy...so far the stuff dreams are made of. Maybe I'm just easy, but seeing the Eiffel Tower from the rooftop bar of my hotel as I wind down for the night with a drink is a bucket list item. And the 3 hour food tour I took- all I can say is amazing.
                              SQUEEE! OMG that sounds amazing! Glad you're having fun!

We're discussing the Stargate Command streaming service -- you know where the webseries will be available sometime around the end of December or the beginning of January.

The app and website are accessible worldwide, but the streaming service to watch the episodes of all 3 series (the TV-versions and director's cut of CotG), and all the movies, is limited to the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the UK and Germany. They are the only ones who can buy the all-access pass for the amount of 20$, and watch Stargate Origins (which is an odd way of gaining fan interest for a show you intend to use to see if there's still interest -- they're literally cutting of half the fandom from it).
                              But then, whoever said anything MGM does makes sense?

Comment

But then, whoever said anything MGM does makes sense?
                                That is indeed a good point.

Comment

Working...
                                X