No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'm melting... and there will be more melting tomorrow.

It will 37° Celsius, meaning.... I'm going to lie down somewhere, drink lots of water and not move too much.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Got the notice. I'm going back to work! Summer, I will miss you. Sounds like I won't be able to avoid some air travel, but I am happy to be done with furlough uncertainty.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Yeah, methinks there's going to be a few changes for the next one.
        That might be more entertaining than the landing (though obv nowhere near as cool).

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        I'm melting... and there will be more melting tomorrow.

It will 37° Celsius, meaning.... I'm going to lie down somewhere, drink lots of water and not move too much.
        Uck- yes, all of those things. Stay safe in that heat. It's been more mild here than expected. We're normally at about 95f/35c this time of year, but it's been around 90f/32c which may not sound great, but the cool air has been hanging around until noon, so the mornings have been blissful. Perfect for some good lakeside walks.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
          Got the notice. I'm going back to work! Summer, I will miss you. Sounds like I won't be able to avoid some air travel, but I am happy to be done with furlough uncertainty.
          Yay! Glad to hear about the work situation. Hopefully you won't need to fly very much.

That might be more entertaining than the landing (though obv nowhere near as cool).

Uck- yes, all of those things. Stay safe in that heat. It's been more mild here than expected. We're normally at about 95f/35c this time of year, but it's been around 90f/32c which may not sound great, but the cool air has been hanging around until noon, so the mornings have been blissful. Perfect for some good lakeside walks.
          Yeah, it's been nice and mild in my neck of the woods as well. The trees are definitely happier with the occasional showers.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Melting will continue until the middle of the week...

...after which temps will drop to more normal temperatures, around 25 degrees celsius.

At the moment, it's still around 21-22 degrees outside and it's 2:30 in the morning.

Unfortunately, it's closer to 27 degrees in my bedroom...

Comment

...after which temps will drop to more normal temperatures, around 25 degrees celsius.

At the moment, it's still around 21-22 degrees outside and it's 2:30 in the morning.

Yuck!!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

*translates from Fahrenheit to Celsius*... Ewwwwww! Not happy! Hope that cooler weather will come sooner than forecast!

Comment

I'm officially done with summer. It seems like this one has been extra hot.

Comment

*translates from Fahrenheit to Celsius*... Ewwwwww! Not happy! Hope that cooler weather will come sooner than forecast!
                    Not until Friday, but there should be thunder, maybe lightning and hopefully rain every day of the week this week.
                    Unfortunately the temps will stay at melting point.

Also, from Celsius to Fahrenheit or vice versa... Claire posted a hilarious chart on her instagram about Canada's metric systems. My sister and I have been LOL'ing all weekend, continuously asking, "For cooking, the weather or the pool?" -- cause that would be Celsius, Celsius, Fahrenheit, according to the chart.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                      I'm officially done with summer. It seems like this one has been extra hot.
                      Yeah, I keep looking at the weather reports from the East Coast and Midwest...geeze, you guys are getting hammered!

Not until Friday, but there should be thunder, maybe lightning and hopefully rain every day of the week this week.
                      Unfortunately the temps will stay at melting point.

Also, from Celsius to Fahrenheit or vice versa... Claire posted a hilarious chart on her instagram about Canada's metric systems. My sister and I have been LOL'ing all weekend, continuously asking, "For cooking, the weather or the pool?" -- cause that would be Celsius, Celsius, Fahrenheit, according to the chart.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Comment

Weather is mostly pleasant here this week, looks even more pleasant next week. It won't last, but I'm enjoying the break from the heat. Looking forward to some longer hikes this fall. I needed new waterproof Merrells and made the mistake of going into REI instead of ordering online. $250 later I escaped. I did snag some needed Smartwool pieces on clearance, so I got a lot of bang for my bucks. Both brands hold up well for me, so price per wear is actually pretty good. But still
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

It rained and it rumbled, but it's still hot.

I sincerely hope the thermometer in my bedroom is just broke (part of a keychain on my hiking backpack) cause otherwise I have to believe it's currently close to 30° Celsius (give or take 87° Fahrenheit) in my room.

I've been sleeping relatively OK the last few days.

By which I mean, that I sleep inside a sleepingbag, sandwiched between two sides of a duvet, with a fleeceblanket on top -- my very own cocoon and yes, safe space. It's remarkably chill inside my cocoon.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

It's cool enough here this week, even got a bit of haze in the air that makes me suspect we've got fog out on the open water between us and the mainland. No wonder the ferries are running behind.

Weather is mostly pleasant here this week, looks even more pleasant next week. It won't last, but I'm enjoying the break from the heat. Looking forward to some longer hikes this fall. I needed new waterproof Merrells and made the mistake of going into REI instead of ordering online. $250 later I escaped. I did snag some needed Smartwool pieces on clearance, so I got a lot of bang for my bucks. Both brands hold up well for me, so price per wear is actually pretty good. But still
                              Go window shopping, they said... It'll be fun, they said...

It rained and it rumbled, but it's still hot.

I sincerely hope the thermometer in my bedroom is just broke (part of a keychain on my hiking backpack) cause otherwise I have to believe it's currently close to 30° Celsius (give or take 87° Fahrenheit) in my room.

I've been sleeping relatively OK the last few days.

By which I mean, that I sleep inside a sleepingbag, sandwiched between two sides of a duvet, with a fleeceblanket on top -- my very own cocoon and yes, safe space. It's remarkably chill inside my cocoon.
                              I'd never be able to sleep in those temperatures wrapped up like that.

Comment

I have a pair of Merrell sandals that are the most comfy I've ever had.

I'd never be able to sleep in those temperatures wrapped up like that.
                                Me neither. Lately I've been sleeping under a thin sheet with the ceiling fan going. SR Jr. and fam are now in Colorado visiting his wife's family. The twins did great on the flight because it was mostly empty and they got to spread out. It's in the low 70s out there and the 40s at night. Jealous.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X