Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I have a short-term memory problem -- I can never depend on my brain at whatever age I am.

However, I do have to admit that I could never have imagined liking the silence up there, after 37 years of constant noise. I mean, I had no idea that a (normal) brain is supposed to be this quiet. I missed the noise at first -- now, I could probably not live without the silence. It's so lovingly quiet... I can actually hear myself think.

Also, it's so nice to be able to finish a sentence without loosing the point to it halfway through.
    Though, I do still stutter through a word or a sentence when my medication runs out during the day. Good thing I have enough colleagues who will tell me to take a deep breath, think for a moment and start again... but slower.
    I'm glad you found something that works. That sounds like what happens to my brain when I have to take steroids. A lot of people with conditions that cause overactive brains refuse to take meds. I know someone who is bipolar but won't admit it and absolutely refuses to get tested even. She causes havoc everywhere she goes but sails along happy as a lark.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

The medication changed my life, for the better too.

And people know when I forgot to take it or point out when it's time because ... yeah, they can tell the difference pretty well.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It has its moments of brilliance.... and then there are moments where I wonder where it went.
        So relatable.

I have a short-term memory problem -- I can never depend on my brain at whatever age I am.

However, I do have to admit that I could never have imagined liking the silence up there, after 37 years of constant noise. I mean, I had no idea that a (normal) brain is supposed to be this quiet. I missed the noise at first -- now, I could probably not live without the silence. It's so lovingly quiet... I can actually hear myself think.

Also, it's so nice to be able to finish a sentence without loosing the point to it halfway through.
        Though, I do still stutter through a word or a sentence when my medication runs out during the day. Good thing I have enough colleagues who will tell me to take a deep breath, think for a moment and start again... but slower.
        It is good to have good people around you!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        I'm glad you found something that works. That sounds like what happens to my brain when I have to take steroids. A lot of people with conditions that cause overactive brains refuse to take meds. I know someone who is bipolar but won't admit it and absolutely refuses to get tested even. She causes havoc everywhere she goes but sails along happy as a lark.
        My doctor won't prescribe anything for me because of other health issues. Meditation helps, but my secret fear is that I'm the person causing havoc, though I think I keep a pretty healthy handle on myself most of the time.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

So much rain. Schools have been closed here since Friday for flooding. I think on Friday I heard that out of 95 counties in Tennessee, only 15 had schools open.
          sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Hope you all had a great Monday; I was over on the mainland on another raiding party shopping trip. The local Macy's is one of the stores that's being closed this year, so we made out like bandits at the liquidation sale.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
            My doctor won't prescribe anything for me because of other health issues. Meditation helps, but my secret fear is that I'm the person causing havoc, though I think I keep a pretty healthy handle on myself most of the time.
            Glad you've all found things that help. I've found writing helps me. Just letting my stream of consciousness run amok on a page or computer screen for a few minutes clears out the chatter so I can get to work. And it's actually kind of fun to look back at what I've written; sometimes I'll find something that works for my stories!

So much rain. Schools have been closed here since Friday for flooding. I think on Friday I heard that out of 95 counties in Tennessee, only 15 had schools open.
            We had some crazy flooding here in western Washington last week. Out here, one of the secondary roads near the ferry landing actually got a sinkhole. The county just got it reopened yesterday, about a week earlier than estimated.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'm so glad you found something that works for you!

Yeah, a member of my extended family goes through bouts where he won't take his meds. Inevitably he gets worse and worse until there's a crisis. Last time he had to go into the hospital.
              Last edited by JT-2; 11 February 2020, 03:58 PM.

Comment

So, storm Ciara visited us this weekend and whenever I opened the window or door to the balcony, it felt like I was near an ocean or sea.

Did miss the seagulls...

However, it does help with imagining being on Atlantis during a storm... not the storm, just a storm.

Sidenote: I live about 250km from an actual sea -- for reference.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

So, storm Ciara visited us this weekend and whenever I opened the window or door to the balcony, it felt like I was near an ocean or sea.

Did miss the seagulls...

However, it does help with imagining being on Atlantis during a storm... not the storm, just a storm.

Squee! Glad you had fun storm watching!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Squee! Glad you had fun storm watching!
                    It's a fascinating, as long as nothing breaks.
                    Next one's already on the way and they named it Dennis.

I rather wish though, they were snow storms... which we don't get here (for reference) but I miss winter. Birds are already well on their way to tweeting spring is coming but too soon... ... I WANT SNOW, dammit!

Comment

I rather wish though, they were snow storms... which we don't get here (for reference) but I miss winter. Birds are already well on their way to tweeting spring is coming but too soon... ... I WANT SNOW, dammit!
                      We've had the best winter. When it's cold, it's sunny and when it's mild, it's been rainy. No snow. *happy dance* We've got birds singing too and the robins don't even bother to fly south anymore. I've noticed in recent years that they've been naming our winter storms also.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Heh, being snowed in for a week was more than enough for me. I can't wait for spring, LOL!

We've had the best winter. When it's cold, it's sunny and when it's mild, it's been rainy. No snow. *happy dance* We've got birds singing too and the robins don't even bother to fly south anymore. I've noticed in recent years that they've been naming our winter storms also.
                        Yeah, aside from that one big cold snap and snow for a week, it's been nearly non-stop rain here. Good for the trees. Hopefully if we can make it through the end of the month with no more cold snaps, we should be okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Glad you've all found things that help. I've found writing helps me. Just letting my stream of consciousness run amok on a page or c
                          omputer screen for a few minutes clears out the chatter so I can get to work. And it's actually kind of fun to look back at what I've written; sometimes I'll find something that works for my stories!

We had some crazy flooding here in western Washington last week. Out here, one of the secondary roads near the ferry landing actually got a sinkhole. The county just got it reopened yesterday, about a week earlier than estimated.
                          Writing is a good idea. I have been a slacker, sleeping later and missing my morning writing time. I need to get back in the habit.

Also, sinkholes terrify me. Hope you were nowhere close when it happened. We had one less than a mile from us. This week another one opened up near our airport. We've also had an insane amount of earthquakes lately. One shook my house so hard my only thought was that a UPS truck must have backed up in my driveway and hit my house. Everything rattled and there was a super loud boom. My insurance agent- in another state- seemed surprised by request for a quote to add earthquake and sinkhole insurance.

Did miss the seagulls...

LOL. Thinking of Atlantis is always helpful.

I guess its not surprising, but I saw almost nothing of that storm on US news, but it was popping up allover my feed from BBC and other sites I follow. It looked like a lot of flooding in the UK. Did you have any issues?

Might be time to plan a trip around a snowy destination. Maybe even a ski resort where they can make snow just in case mother nature doesn't cooperate. Last weekend we had my perfect kind of snow. Beautiful fat flakes that coated the trees and yards, yet never stuck on the roads.
                          sigpic

Comment

I guess its not surprising, but I saw almost nothing of that storm on US news, but it was popping up allover my feed from BBC and other sites I follow. It looked like a lot of flooding in the UK. Did you have any issues?
                            Our yard remained free of damage.

But the building across from where I work is currently undergoing repairs so they've set up a frame on the outside, and it briefly threatened to topple over so they had to cut access to the street here. On monday they had a police car standing across the road, blocking everyone's path. No one was allowed to walk the street, unless you worked in one of the buildings across from the appartment block.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Writing is a good idea. I have been a slacker, sleeping later and missing my morning writing time. I need to get back in the habit.

Also, sinkholes terrify me. Hope you were nowhere close when it happened. We had one less than a mile from us. This week another one opened up near our airport. We've also had an insane amount of earthquakes lately. One shook my house so hard my only thought was that a UPS truck must have backed up in my driveway and hit my house. Everything rattled and there was a super loud boom. My insurance agent- in another state- seemed surprised by request for a quote to add earthquake and sinkhole insurance.
                              No worries, the sinkhole was about 6 miles away from us. And we're up on the high ground, on bedrock, so we're okay here.

on the earthquakes. You live near the New Madrid fault zone, right? Definitely not a bad idea to have earthquake insurance; better safe than sorry.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Comment

Working...
                                X