Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Ouch indeed.

I couldn't figure out why I couldn't find their scores at first, until I remembered there's another subdivision to NCAA Division 1, and that's where RI is. So now I know where to look. And with that...

...on to this week's College Football Roundup! Virginia Tech beat Wake Forest 36-17, USC beat Arizona State 31-26, Tennessee beat Kentucky 17-13, Rhode Island fell to William and Mary 55-19, Navy had a bye this week, and Air Force's game against New Mexico was postponed until the 23rd. On to next week!
    Thanks for including me!!

Comment

Fun fact: I found the Python programming code for "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"...

I swear, I was looking for something entirely different to solve my homework.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday! Yeah, I'm up way too early. Again.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        Thanks for including me!!
        You're welcome! Took a bit to figure it out (I iz dunce LOL!) but I did eventually.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Fun fact: I found the Python programming code for "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"...

(This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I have another phone screening tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday! Yeah, I'm up way too early. Again.
          Whoa, that IS early for you!!

You're welcome! Took a bit to figure it out (I iz dunce LOL!) but I did eventually.
          We all have moments like that.

Comment

It snowed! It's snowing again actually. And I must call the news station. I knew snow was the forecast (I didn't believe it, but I knew it was possible). I did not storm the grocery store for milk and bread, yet somehow I have survived. Miraculous.

I get seasick so I'll never do a cruise.

Though funnily enough, I don't get seasick on a kayak, which is a good thing cause I love kayaking at sea.

Also, I counted the lifeboats on the cruiseship -- you should be fine. They have to make sure there are enough lifeboats for all the passengers these days. You can thank the sinking of the Titanic for that safety measure.

I've just posted a couple on Instagram.
            I wasn't even thinking about that- and I get motion sickness in cars, airplanes and theme park rides. I keep motion sickness meds with me. Yep...I'm a terrible candidate for a cruise. Of course, I'm sure they have better medicine than what I get over the counter.

Your pictures are great! I want to go back to Spain to visit Seville and Bilbao, but every time you travel I add more things to my bucket list I'm not complaining- I love the inspiration.

Good luck!
            sigpic
            Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Good luck! You'll do great!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
              It snowed! It's snowing again actually. And I must call the news station. I knew snow was the forecast (I didn't believe it, but I knew it was possible). I did not storm the grocery store for milk and bread, yet somehow I have survived. Miraculous.
              LOL! Sure hoping we don't get ANY snow this year...last year's was enough for me.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I always thought it was just Rhode Islanders who did the whole "bread and milk" thing.

Good luck!

Good luck! You'll do great!
                Thank you both!! I was so nervous. It went okay. I'll find out next week if I will go in for a real interview or not. I'm still waiting to hear back about another job. I wish they would tell you if you're no longer in the running, so that you're just not waiting indefintely. They could send an email.

Comment

Your pictures are great! I want to go back to Spain to visit Seville and Bilbao, but every time you travel I add more things to my bucket list I'm not complaining- I love the inspiration.
                  LOL! I'll remember that... Note to self: visit more places.

We don't know yet where our next trip is heading to. We have a short trips planned but the big ones are still a mystery for now.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!
                    I always thought it was just Rhode Islanders who did the whole "bread and milk" thing.
                    I thought everyone did that...

Thank you both!! I was so nervous. It went okay. I'll find out next week if I will go in for a real interview or not. I'm still waiting to hear back about another job. I wish they would tell you if you're no longer in the running, so that you're just not waiting indefintely. They could send an email.
                    *crossing fingers for you*

We don't know yet where our next trip is heading to. We have a short trips planned but the big ones are still a mystery for now.
                    Mystery is part of the fun.

Comment

Companies really should do a better job with managing the hiring process. That is the number one complaint I hear from my friends. Crossing my fingers for you!

And Southerners are notorious for panic at the mere whisper of snow. We don't really have the infrastructure here to deal with it and we have lots of hills and curvy roads, so if it snows with accumulation or we get an ice storm anyone on a back road is probably stuck for a few days.

I have my US trips planned, but still deciding on the international. Czech Republic and Italy are at the top of my bucket list, but I'm really considering doing a Christmas market trip (but oh my, how will I ever narrow it down to which market(s). I'll see what the airlines dish up in the way of flight deals before I decide But yes...visit more places and keep sharing pics for sure.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!
                      LOL! Sure hoping we don't get ANY snow this year...last year's was enough for me.
                      I appreciated the snow a lot more after I realized it wasn't really sticking to the roads since they'd treated them. When I first saw the snow I may have cursed it. My day was packed with errands and doctors appointments, but I was able to reschedule the morning stuff. It's still sticking to the yard though, I have a lovely view from my home office. I mean, not as nice as yours, but it'll do
                      sigpic

Comment

It's winter-like cold here. I still prefer it to summer.

I thought everyone did that...
                        I've always thought it was a weird thing to buy. I mean, why milk and bread?

*crossing fingers for you*
                        Thank you!!

Companies really should do a better job with managing the hiring process. That is the number one complaint I hear from my friends. Crossing my fingers for you!
                        Thank you as well!! And yes, that is my number one complaint. I had one good interview where they specifically told me that they would tell me either way. They never did. So I went for like a month hoping they would call. One simple email would do it. It would take 1 minute to write.

And Southerners are notorious for panic at the mere whisper of snow. We don't really have the infrastructure here to deal with it and we have lots of hills and curvy roads, so if it snows with accumulation or we get an ice storm anyone on a back road is probably stuck for a few days.
                        I have a friend from Massachusetts who moved to Georgia. She tells me stories. One storm where there was ice, she couldn't get into work for days. Like you said, they're just not prepared for it.

I've been told that Rhode Islanders weren't always such babies about snow. The blizzard of 1978 (which I remember a little about) was so bad that people were stuck for days. My mom got stuck at her work for 3 days because they wouldn't let them leave the office when it started to get bad. There are pictures of the highways shut down with cars just sitting there like a parking lot. Anyway, I think that storm scared us all and so now people get unreasonably uptight about upcoming storms.

Comment

Czech Republic and Italy are at the top of my bucket list...
                          Never been to the Czech Republic, but as far as Italy goes... Florence is really nice, and Venice, but the latter is currently suffering from flooding.

Modena is also quite nice. Rome is quite alright too.

...but I'm really considering doing a Christmas market trip (but oh my, how will I ever narrow it down to which market(s).
                          National or international... cause from I hear, the market in Cologne is quite something. Brussels is also a good one, plus it gives you Brussels.

Folks tell me London is quite fun during X-mas time, as is New York.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

I appreciated the snow a lot more after I realized it wasn't really sticking to the roads since they'd treated them. When I first saw the snow I may have cursed it. My day was packed with errands and doctors appointments, but I was able to reschedule the morning stuff. It's still sticking to the yard though, I have a lovely view from my home office. I mean, not as nice as yours, but it'll do
                            That's the problem we have up in the PNW...lots of hills and curvy roads. Of course, even in the cities things can go pear-shaped. But Seattle isn't as bad as Portland...usually...

At least the view is good.

IKR? I mean, bread I can sort of understand, you can always make sandwiches, but if the power goes out, the milk goes bad. Though I suppose you could put it outside in a snow drift.

Comment

IKR? I mean, bread I can sort of understand, you can always make sandwiches, but if the power goes out, the milk goes bad. Though I suppose you could put it outside in a snow drift.
                              Don't forget the toilet paper. Do people just keep as much TP as they need for a few days? Personally, I stock up when it's on sale.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Never been to the Czech Republic, but as far as Italy goes... Florence is really nice, and Venice, but the latter is currently suffering from flooding.

Modena is also quite nice. Rome is quite alright too.

National or international... cause from I hear, the market in Cologne is quite something. Brussels is also a good one, plus it gives you Brussels.

Folks tell me London is quite fun during X-mas time, as is New York.
                                I had a friend in Venice two days ago when it first hit. She said she was floating her suitcase to the taxi. I've heard nothing but good things about all the markets, but the one in Brussels seems to hit a lot of the top markets lists. I had a friend that went to the Edinburgh market last year and loved it.

It's winter-like cold here. I still prefer it to summer.

Thank you!!

Thank you as well!! And yes, that is my number one complaint. I had one good interview where they specifically told me that they would tell me either way. They never did. So I went for like a month hoping they would call. One simple email would do it. It would take 1 minute to write.

I have a friend from Massachusetts who moved to Georgia. She tells me stories. One storm where there was ice, she couldn't get into work for days. Like you said, they're just not prepared for it.

I've been told that Rhode Islanders weren't always such babies about snow. The blizzard of 1978 (which I remember a little about) was so bad that people were stuck for days. My mom got stuck at her work for 3 days because they wouldn't let them leave the office when it started to get bad. There are pictures of the highways shut down with cars just sitting there like a parking lot. Anyway, I think that storm scared us all and so now people get unreasonably uptight about upcoming storms.
                                I understand that about past experiences with snow. For us in TN it was the blizzard of 93. We had to tow my car out from under the snow drift.

I'm more of a orange juice, baking supplies, cheese, and soup shopper for my pre-snow grocery store raid. I never really drink milk, I only use it when I need to in recipes. Sadly my doctor would like me to try giving up dairy. All I could think was "but my cheese! And pizza!" I just bought the Aldi cheese advent calendar too. (And the wine one, though I suspect I'll be dragging that one out for months.)

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

That's the problem we have up in the PNW...lots of hills and curvy roads. Of course, even in the cities things can go pear-shaped. But Seattle isn't as bad as Portland...usually...

At least the view is good.

You have the most amazing views in the PNW! I can't wait to get back. Still angry about the work trip that forced me to cancel the one from earlier this year.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                Don't forget the toilet paper. Do people just keep as much TP as they need for a few days? Personally, I stock up when it's on sale.
                                I've broken down and put TP on Amazon subscription for auto-delivery. That and coffee. My priorities, lol.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X