Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Yup. This is why friends don't let friends leave a Marvel movie early.
    Our cinemas don't always leave us that choice, especially not when the next showing is only a few minutes after the ending of the previous one, then they chase everyone out long before the end credits have finished.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Right here on Gateworld.

It's really easy, because most of the rewatchers are working full-time or have other daily engagements to attend to so we watch about 3 episodes a week (more episodes = fine, less episodes = also fine). And then we just post our thoughts in the appropriate episode threads right here on Gateworld.

Every sunday (or sometimes saturday evening) I will post a quiz which spans the 3 episodes of that week (5 questions per episode so 15 in total), and a jigsaw puzzle. At the end of each season I'm planning a poll about that season for which I will post the results at the end of the next season so people have enough time to fill it out (if they feel so inclined).
      No actual prizes can be won, but I might do some little things like avatars for the fastest jigsaw solver, and the slowest perhaps. It's mostly about having fun together. Participation to the rewatch and/or the games is voluntarily. Nobody will tell you, you have to watch the episodes, or fill in the quiz, do the jigsaw puzzles.

Currently we're in week 7 (just finished week 6), and this week I'm watching Solitudes, Tin Man and There But For The Grace Of God.
      This is the nudge I needed. A re-watch of such a long series is a daunting idea and I keep putting it off, but I've missed it. And it's funny how random memories pop into my mind. As I was tree decorating, something made me remember Teal'c talking about the Easter Bunny and Darth Vader.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Our cinemas don't always leave us that choice, especially not when the next showing is only a few minutes after the ending of the previous one, then they chase everyone out long before the end credits have finished.
        Whoa. The studios may not have a problem with that (money money money), but I can't imagine filmmakers are happy with it.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday and to those of us in the USA, Happy Thanksgiving!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday! Hope everyone's recovering from last night's food coma, LOL!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams! (though a few have already played this week due to the Thanksgiving holiday)

Comment

I've completely fallen to my Thor obsession (okay my Loki obsession). I'm now reading fic about it. (Though it disturbs me that I've seen so many people on Tumblr ship Thor/Loki saying that they are not blood brothers so it's okay. As someone who has adopted siblings, let me dismiss that right now. It's still creepy as hell. Ship what you want, but don't use that reasoning.)

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                  I was completely caught off guard by the Natasha/Bruce pairing. I was shipping Natasha/Clint, they had some nice moments in the first Avengers. The abrupt shift made me feel like I missed an entire movie.
                  YES!! I knew Natasha/Bruce was coming because of Tumblr but I wasn't expecting it to be so heavy handed and like SK said for it to fall so flat. But I was also shipping Natasha/Clint after Avengers. They shouldn't have been practically undressing each other with their eyes in the end scene if they were going to have Clint be married the whole time.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                  I LOVED IT!!! I was laughing so hard I thought I was gonna get thrown out of the theater LOL but that is why I watched it solo first.

Even some of the older more distinguished generation that were watching were like “look at those idiots leaving...” Made me laugh so hard.

And you really must stay til the end! Cause then you get those little gems like Chris Evans at the end of Spider-Man: Homecoming.
                  Yes it was really quite funny. I was going to say one moment but there are too many to mention.

When I saw it the second time almost everyone stayed until the end. I was like "ah, smart people".

Comment

Happy late Turkey Day! I didn't cook or shop and I went to a Christmas Tree festival that almost made me forget about football drama for a while.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

On Turkey day, it was a regular thursday so going to evening class and our teacher managed to flood the classroom when one of the pipes in his closed watersystem which connected a toilet, a boiler and a washtable, sprung loose.

I've never had so much fun in class...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Ugh, power outages are NOT FUN. 20-hour power outages are REALLY NOT FUN. At least it wasn't freezing.

Here's this week's (belated) College Football Roundup: USC had a bye and this Friday will face Stanford in the PAC-12 championship game, Virginia Tech shut out Virginia 10-0, Tennessee fell to Vanderbilt 42-24, and in the race for the Atlantis Cup, Air Force beat Utah State 38-35, and Navy fell to Houston 24-14.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                        I've completely fallen to my Thor obsession (okay my Loki obsession). I'm now reading fic about it. (Though it disturbs me that I've seen so many people on Tumblr ship Thor/Loki saying that they are not blood brothers so it's okay. As someone who has adopted siblings, let me dismiss that right now. It's still creepy as hell. Ship what you want, but don't use that reasoning.)
                        IKR? Thank goodness you can filter search results on AO3. Not easily, but it can be done.

YES!! I knew Natasha/Bruce was coming because of Tumblr but I wasn't expecting it to be so heavy handed and like SK said for it to fall so flat. But I was also shipping Natasha/Clint after Avengers. They shouldn't have been practically undressing each other with their eyes in the end scene if they were going to have Clint be married the whole time.
                        Honestly, it reminds me of the whacked out shipping that happened with SGA.

When I saw it the second time almost everyone stayed until the end. I was like "ah, smart people".
                        Smart indeed!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                        Happy late Turkey Day! I didn't cook or shop and I went to a Christmas Tree festival that almost made me forget about football drama for a while.
                        Oooh, that sounds very relaxing! Glad you had a great time!

On Turkey day, it was a regular thursday so going to evening class and our teacher managed to flood the classroom when one of the pipes in his closed watersystem which connected a toilet, a boiler and a washtable, sprung loose.

I've never had so much fun in class...
                        OMG!

Comment

...Air Force beat Utah State 38-35...
                          The Falcons had their turkey dinner -- now they can soar once more.

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Another day, another windy night, another power outage. At least this one was only 6 hours.

The Falcons had their turkey dinner -- now they can soar once more.
                            And clearly, they ate their vegetables too.

Comment

So, have you all seen the Avengers: Infinity War trailer yet?

(putting it under a cut because the preview image is a minor spoiler, nothing earth-shattering though)
                              Spoiler:

Comment

IKR? Thank goodness you can filter search results on AO3. Not easily, but it can be done.
                                Unfortunately, the people in that fandom don't seem to have understood the tags properly. They tend to mark fic incorrectly.

Honestly, it reminds me of the whacked out shipping that happened with SGA.
                                It made me think of the same exact thing. As well as not being aware of the chemistry, and ignoring it instead.
                                Did the same people who did Avengers also do Age of Ultron?

So, have you all seen the Avengers: Infinity War trailer yet?

(putting it under a cut because the preview image is a minor spoiler, nothing earth-shattering though)
                                Spoiler:
                                SQUEE!! When does this come out? I hope that
                                Spoiler:
                                a) they don't kill Loki, and b) they don't make Loki straight on evil again.

Comment

Working...
                                X