No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prop group I belong to had a BBQ today, and we had a raffle.

Won a limited edition Princess Leia poster (n° 4280/8000) and a Kylo Ren poster signed by the artist himself (Matt Busch). Also, a patch from the Australian Garrison, an access pass (displaying a snowtrooper) for an adult on a thursday from Celebration V and a coaster with the 501st logo.

And one of the members got me a toothbrush holder in the shape of Jar-Jar's head. AND I FREAKIN' LOVE IT!!!
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Won a limited edition Princess Leia poster (n° 4280/8000) and a Kylo Ren poster signed by the artist himself (Matt Busch). Also, a patch from the Australian Garrison, an access pass (displaying a snowtrooper) for an adult on a thursday from Celebration V and a coaster with the 501st logo.

And one of the members got me a toothbrush holder in the shape of Jar-Jar's head. AND I FREAKIN' LOVE IT!!!
      Wow, what a haul! Congratulations!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It is a happy day indeed.

Only one more day of work, and the week is officially over for me. Long weekend due to our independance day on friday the 21st of July.

Comment

I spent the weekend painting (and remembering that I detest painting) and the first of the week recovering from the fumes. Last night was wine and Rogue One because I discovered it was on Netflix. Of course, I own it on DVD, but it's like seeing any of the original triology on TV...once I saw it, I felt compelled to watch. It's a sickness.

Wow, nice!

Geek-speak flourishes among a select few in my company.
            That has been the case most places I work. The rest always look like we're speaking a foreign language when we're chatting. It's kind of fun.
            sigpic
            Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

It is a happy day indeed.

Only one more day of work, and the week is officially over for me. Long weekend due to our independance day on friday the 21st of July.
              Yay! Have a great holiday!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
              I spent the weekend painting (and remembering that I detest painting) and the first of the week recovering from the fumes. Last night was wine and Rogue One because I discovered it was on Netflix. Of course, I own it on DVD, but it's like seeing any of the original triology on TV...once I saw it, I felt compelled to watch. It's a sickness.
              I'm the same way with the MCU films.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
              That has been the case most places I work. The rest always look like we're speaking a foreign language when we're chatting. It's kind of fun.
              Yep.

Comment

Should have seen us during lunch today. Had lunch with the IT-geeks, and one of them had got sorta spoiled by accident cause she isn't currently up to speed with Game of Thrones, which we were discussing in great detail. (yes, during lunch, blood and gore included)

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Should have seen us during lunch today. Had lunch with the IT-geeks, and one of them had got sorta spoiled by accident cause she isn't currently up to speed with Game of Thrones, which we were discussing in great detail. (yes, during lunch, blood and gore included)
                  To say nothing of that montage of Sam at the Citadel...

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    To say nothing of that montage of Sam at the Citadel...
                    That was hilarious. Poor Sam.

Comment

*love and hugs to JT-2*
                      Spoiler:
                      So sorry to hear your news. Loving a loved one is never easy, but I've found comfort in knowing that they aren't suffering anymore.

And I need to catch up on movies! I saw GotG Vol 2 and WW but haven't seen DM3 or Spider-Man yet. But I'm hearing rave reviews about it so probably should do it soon.

Hey, so quick question: I don't know if anybody here has heard about it, but apparently SDCC is having a Stargate panel later today with "big news"... my mind just wants to run amok with all the cracky possibilities but I gotta admit, my interest is piqued, despite knowing I'll probably be disappointed.

Oh well. Just throwing that out there. How's everyone today?

ETA: just found out that I can't use my Photobucket images on GW anymore, or anywhere else, for that matter. They're not allowing the use of [img] tags unless you sell them a kidney.
                      Last edited by ShipperWriter; 20 July 2017, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                        Hey, so quick question: I don't know if anybody here has heard about it, but apparently SDCC is having a Stargate panel later today with "big news"... my mind just wants to run amok with all the cracky possibilities but I gotta admit, my interest is piqued, despite knowing I'll probably be disappointed.
                        I've heard about it, and have made myself the bad guy when I said it would probably not be anything as spectacular as some people think. I have a feeling it's going to leave a lot of hopefulls utterly disappointed.

I'm not expecting much -- nothing that's going to Earth shattering at least.

Oh well. Just throwing that out there. How's everyone today?
                        Cleaned out the fishtank, and am working on my foam C-3PO. I haven't glue my fingers together, though I have burned them with the gluegun. And I've also not had the feeling I want to throw it all off the balcony (instead of out of the window). So, I'd say that's a good sign.

Also, long weekend cause Belgium celebrates its independance day tomorrow, which basically means a closure of the airspace for half an hour so the military can play with their toys.

ETA: just found out that I can't use my Photobucket images on GW anymore, or anywhere else, for that matter. They're not allowing the use of [img] tags unless you sell them a kidney.
                        Check out the members helping members thread, if you haven't already. I left a link to a site where there alternatives, but I tested linking to one of my photobucket images and that worked without a problem so either it's a delayed reaction or I slipped through their cracks (I'm a free member, not paying).

Comment

I've heard about it, and have made myself the bad guy when I said it would probably not be anything as spectacular as some people think. I have a feeling it's going to leave a lot of hopefulls utterly disappointed.

I'm not expecting much -- nothing that's going to Earth shattering at least.
                          Yeah, that's kinda what I figured. But we'll see.

Cleaned out the fishtank, and am working on my foam C-3PO. I haven't glue my fingers together, though I have burned them with the gluegun. And I've also not had the feeling I want to throw it all off the balcony (instead of out of the window). So, I'd say that's a good sign.
                          Nice! I work at my mother's office one day a week but they're relocating part of it to North Carolina so I'm in today helping to pack and clean and reassure my mom that she hasn't completely lost her mind.

Check out the members helping members thread, if you haven't already. I left a link to a site where there alternatives, but I tested linking to one of my photobucket images and that worked without a problem so either it's a delayed reaction or I slipped through their cracks (I'm a free member, not paying).
                          Ooh nice, thanks for the heads up! I'll check that out when I've got a little more free time.

Comment

The "new" show has been revealed, by the way. It's called Stargate Origins and consists of 10 episodes, each 10 minutes long and it's about how it all began -- central character is Catherine Langford so basically it's a prequel to the film Stargate.

And a webseries no doubt.

Comment

And I need to catch up on movies! I saw GotG Vol 2 and WW but haven't seen DM3 or Spider-Man yet. But I'm hearing rave reviews about it so probably should do it soon.
                              Yes, yes you should see Spidey soon. My tumblr is splattered with spoilers of a certain nature.

Yeah, I've already deleted my account. I haven't been able to get the weblinking to work for a while anyway, and that was the only reason I had the account in the first place. So, good riddance to them.

The "new" show has been revealed, by the way. It's called Stargate Origins and consists of 10 episodes, each 10 minutes long and it's about how it all began -- central character is Catherine Langford so basically it's a prequel to the film Stargate.

And a webseries no doubt.
                              Yep, it's going to be a streaming series as part of a new website for the entire franchise. More deets here: http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/star...ow-1202501988/

I feel...ambivalent, I guess? Glad that they seem to have not abandoned the TV-verse after all, but at the same time, it's been a long time. This will be...interesting to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Yep, it's going to be a streaming series as part of a new website for the entire franchise. More deets here: http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/star...ow-1202501988/

I feel...ambivalent, I guess? Glad that they seem to have not abandoned the TV-verse after all, but at the same time, it's been a long time. This will be...interesting to watch.
                                Also ambivalent. We'll check it out. Mr. SR will probably be more interested than I am because he lacks the bitterness emotion I feel toward how SGA ended.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X