Page 5634 of 7607 FirstFirst ... 46345134553455845624563156325633563456355636563756445684573461346634 ... LastLast
Results 112,661 to 112,680 of 152123

Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Red View Post
    I just finished reading the last chapter of Evolution and the foreshadowing is killer. Once again Teyla is the smartest member of the group. And John, well, let's just say he's content for the moment.

Is anybody going to notice my new sig? I'm beginning to be concerned. Is it too much? Inappropriate?
    Just about to start my first read through of Part V now. This is gonna be good!

I love you new sig! I don't think it's too much at all. It's very appropriate, and far more so than some sigs that have been floating around (but not in this thread, of course).
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

Mine don't necessarily have the quality that Kris' images have (not exactly up close like she was way in the front), but anyway all of what I took can be found in my photobucket account.

It's not just SGA - I separated by day, not by show.

Saturday - Sunday

Enjoy!

If you would like to snerch, please credit and/or point to the place where they have been reposted (or I shall watermark them with an evil lemming).
    Last edited by Falcon Horus; November 6th, 2011 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Edit of the snerch-rule!
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon by Falcon Horus & signature by JadedWraith || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Indeed, they certainly didn't seem to have any trouble having Weir participate in stories as an important character early on, even in episodes where she wasn't so much the focus. And then there are episodes where we logically should've seen more of her, given her field of expertise; The Tower, even with it's implication that she probably didn't have the ATA gene and therefore couldn't have gone, is one that sticks out like a sore thumb. Then there's the ones that they brought her in, but they totally frakked it up, like The Game. And don't even get me started on the S4-5 episodes that would've been vastly improved with Weir there instead of Carter or Woolsey.
    You know, I'm actually glad that Elizabeth wasn't really in the truly sucky episodes like The Tower and Irresponsible. That way I can just ignore them altogether. Oh, don't be sad John. You know I love you.

Don't get me started on The Game. They went for the joke instead of letting Elizabeth use her mojo. S4-5 episodes vastly improved with Weir instead of Carter or Woolsey? Um, all of them? I actually think Woolsey was coming into his own. I enjoyed his story in Remnants. Carter? JT no likey.

Oh, BTW, Joe was absolutely right about Elizabeth's presence on the show being strong despite her not being on set as much. She is clearly 3rd out of 5 in terms of word count and screen time.

The way they used her in Epiphany was good. Which makes me wonder if all the shipper excitement at the ending of that one might have made them back off a bit. Once again, Sparky was so obvious and in your face that the hippy chick was quickly forgotten.

And it strikes me as extremely interesting that after all this time, the cast is still peeved about how they treated her. I had it pointed out to me recently that at least one Weir hater, in full blown celebration mode, said that it was a good thing for the show to change and grow. I don't think Torri's friends on the cast agreed with that considering how exercised Joe gets at the slightest mention of her leaving.

Thanks Joe and Paul, your loyalty to your friend is admirable.
    Joe, in particular, is simply lovely for having the courage to stand up for both Paul and Torri. There was a petition and his name was first. I <3 him. Of course, he was in a stronger position than the other actors who were probably fearing their own jobs. I still wonder if the show had gone on for more years if they wouldn't have tried to replace him with Daniel.

(And the growth and change was only a positive thing when it was going their way. When it became clear John was darker and grimmer and people started to put that together with Elizabeth's leaving, then the growth was OOC. )

Oh, I know what you mean. When I went to the LAX con in 2009, I was just going to get a photo op with Joe but I wasn't planning on getting an autograph because I figured I'd be staying pretty late to get it (I was in general seating, so I'd be one of the last in line). But when I saw how well the photo op came out, I went and bought an autograph ticket anyway. And I got to talk to Joe again, with the little convo that started a certain virtual season project. So. Worth. It.

I just finished reading the last chapter of Evolution and the foreshadowing is killer. Once again Teyla is the smartest member of the group. And John, well, let's just say he's content for the moment.

Is anybody going to notice my new sig? I'm beginning to be concerned. Is it too much? Inappropriate?
    I LOVE your new sig!! Gah! Hopefully I'll get to read chapters 2 and 3 tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Mine don't necessarily have the quality that Kris' images have (not exactly up close like she was way in the front), but anyway all of what I took can be found in my photobucket account.

Saturday - Sunday

Enjoy!

If you should deem them worthy enough for any sort of artwork - please point me towards the end result.
    Very nice! If you look at them fast, it's almost liking seeing them in person.

Lieutenant General Southern Red's Avatar

Saturday - Sunday

Enjoy!

If you should deem them worthy enough for any sort of artwork - please point me towards the end result.
    Those were great. Joe is just constantly in motion, isn't he?

Whew on the sig. You know how paranoid I am, but I couldn't resist doing something with those quotes from Joe.

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Saturday - Sunday

Enjoy!

Constantly in motion is right! The guy just cannot sit still. Always got to be moving. But I rather like him that way. And Torri? I don't know how she manages to look cute in every shot, but she does it, and does it well.

Quote Originally Posted by JT-2 View Post
    You know, I'm actually glad that Elizabeth wasn't really in the truly sucky episodes like The Tower and Irresponsible. That way I can just ignore them altogether. Oh, don't be sad John. You know I love you.

Don't get me started on The Game. They went for the joke instead of letting Elizabeth use her mojo. S4-5 episodes vastly improved with Weir instead of Carter or Woolsey? Um, all of them? I actually think Woolsey was coming into his own. I enjoyed his story in Remnants. Carter? JT no likey.
    Yeah, I rather liked how Woolsey was coming along towards the end. But it'd still be better with Elizabeth there, too. Wouldn't mind seeing both of them on Atlantis. Oh, wait...

Oh, BTW, Joe was absolutely right about Elizabeth's presence on the show being strong despite her not being on set as much. She is clearly 3rd out of 5 in terms of word count and screen time.

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...ntis/graph.png

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...word-count.png
    Nothing like having some visual prompts to really sell the point. Hoo boy!

Joe, in particular, is simply lovely for having the courage to stand up for both Paul and Torri. There was a petition and his name was first. I <3 him. Of course, he was in a stronger position than the other actors who were probably fearing their own jobs. I still wonder if the show had gone on for more years if they wouldn't have tried to replace him with Daniel.

(And the growth and change was only a positive thing when it was going their way. When it became clear John was darker and grimmer and people started to put that together with Elizabeth's leaving, then the growth was OOC. )
    *snerks*

Whew on the sig. You know how paranoid I am, but I couldn't resist doing something with those quotes from Joe.
    Hey, he's on record as having said it. And no one in their right mind should have a problem with anyone accurately quoting what he said.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

syfyfan posted some more LOVELY sigs from the Halfway pics! Originally posted on the thunk thread. I included the "quote" part if you wanted to go green her for me as I can't today.

Quote Originally Posted by syfyfan View Post
    Sharing some sigs from the Halfway Con
    Spoiler:

Hey, he's on record as having said it. And no one in their right mind should have a problem with anyone accurately quoting what he said.
    And he said it in front of multiple witnesses, so it can't be denied. Torri was missed. She was valuable to the show and should have been given a bigger part. And shouldn't have been John's boss.

Those sigs are just wonderful. Now that's real talent and someone who knows her way around Photoshop.

Brigadier General

can't wait to read chapter five then. the new sig is very cool. it's not inappropriate at all. you are just showing two people having a good time and goofing off.

syfyfan posted some more LOVELY sigs from the Halfway pics! Originally posted on the thunk thread. I included the "quote" part if you wanted to go green her for me as I can't today.
    *flails* Those sigs are gorgeous! I especially like the second one... looks like Torri is sniffing Joe's hair. LOL!

And he said it in front of multiple witnesses, so it can't be denied. Torri was missed. She was valuable to the show and should have been given a bigger part. And shouldn't have been John's boss.
    Word to all of that. Torri and Weir make everything better, darnit.

Those sigs are just wonderful. Now that's real talent and someone who knows her way around Photoshop.
    I hope to have mad Photoshop skillz like her when I grow up.

If you're worried about it, you could always do as I do: don't post the sig on other threads. /tangent

Off to read now

Quote Originally Posted by gateraid View Post
    If you're worried about it, you could always do as I do: don't post the sig on other threads. /tangent

Off to read now
    Since I rarely post on other threads, that won't be a problem. LOL

Hi!

Thanks all for the compliments for the sigs and thanks JT *hugs*

It's ok to post artwork here...I lurk this thread some times...

Also, I made some icons for the sigs.

Spoiler:

Hi!

Spoiler:

Hi and welcome. I'm so glad you came by. We are all thrilled with your artwork and welcome more anytime. I snurched the icons. We will give credit and really appreciate your generosity. I love your sig too. Great for Halloween, though he does make that look good.

Hi and welcome. I'm so glad you came by. We are all thrilled with your artwork and welcome more anytime. I snurched the icons. We will give credit and really appreciate your generosity. I love your sig too. Great for Halloween, though he does make that look good.
    Thank you All my snurchable artwork you can find on the link under my sig.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

And... I don't have much right now. Except that the final segment of our current episode for Atlantis Rising, Evolution, is gonna blow your minds! In more ways than one.

Hi!

Welcome to the Sparky thread! We're glad you came out of lurkdom to say hello, and thanks for posting those awesome icons, they're fabulous! Come out and participate in the conversation any time you like!

He totally is. His foot was constantly in motion. It wouldn't take long before he started putting knots in the cord of the microphone... he was constantly busy fidgeting around.

icon by Falcon Horus & signature by JadedWraith || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

Hello everyone! I survived this week. Now let me thaw in the thread. *collapses*
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Important note: My PM inbox is just about completely full, and there's a bunch of messages I want to save before I clear it out. So there may be a delay before I can accept any new PMs. Just wanted to let you all know.

He totally is. His foot was constantly in motion. It wouldn't take long before he started putting knots in the cord of the microphone... he was constantly busy fidgeting around.
    Tying knots in the microphone cord? Oh Joe, you naughty boy!

Quote Originally Posted by Anuna View Post
    Hello everyone! I survived this week. Now let me thaw in the thread. *collapses*
    *hugs and passes over some chocolate truffles*

Quote Originally Posted by Anuna View Post
    (((hugs))) This is the place to thaw. It has sure been a good Sparky week.

I saw that on one of the vids posted on Twitter. He seemed to be making a noose. I kept expecting him to put it around his own neck while waiting for the endless French translation. I noticed also that he teased the translator about taking so long. Personally, if I was sitting up there next to him, I'd forget how to speak my own language never mind another one.

I saw that on one of the vids posted on Twitter. He seemed to be making a noose. I kept expecting him to put it around his own neck while waiting for the endless French translation. I noticed also that he teased the translator about taking so long. Personally, if I was sitting up there next to him, I'd forget how to speak my own language never mind another one.
    Emily, the translator, was amazing. Truly amazing... and I understand that for the actors it wasn't all that but she did an awesome job. And could remember amazing amounts of text. She was brilliant.

Without a translator most of the French people wouldn't have understood 3/4 of what was being said, nor would the actors have gotten a lot of questions since they asked their questions in French. Dan Payne sometimes answered in French, though poor French... and the rest tried a few words, which was way too hilarious for us the audience. Joe greeted most everyone in French, unless you beat him to it and he knew to respond in English. Same with Dan.

Page 5634 of 7607 FirstFirst ... 46345134553455845624563156325633563456355636563756445684573461346634 ... LastLast