Page 7728 of 7731 FirstFirst ... 672872287628767877187725772677277728772977307731 LastLast
Results 154,541 to 154,560 of 154620

Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

It was a tough day of football for me. My home team was playing my childhood chosen team. I was rooting for childhood team, as they are underdogs and haven't had a winning season in forever. Childhood team lost. I wonder if I rooted for local team if it would have gone the other way?

I go on Tuesday to discuss the next step in my treatment: radiation. I will find out on Tuesday about if I'll have to do something like tamoxifen after that (hope not). I'm hoping I can go to a nearby hospital for radiation treatments instead of going downtown every day. I'm such a suburban woman. I got city life out of me in college.

Lieutenant General Southern Red's Avatar

It actually feels odd to be back watching football. My team had their first game on Sat and kicked butt even with 23 players and 4 coaches out because of the Covid. The announcers were joking that they were wandering the streets the day before asking people if they could kick a football. LOL But the 3rd string kicker hit one from 43 and another one from 47. College football depends so much on motivation and I think they might have had it.

I hate going into the city also, especially if I have to drive. Around here you need a navigator to watch for crazies. I'll continue praying that all goes well for you.

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Quote Originally Posted by JT-2 View Post
    It was a tough day of football for me. My home team was playing my childhood chosen team. I was rooting for childhood team, as they are underdogs and haven't had a winning season in forever. Childhood team lost. I wonder if I rooted for local team if it would have gone the other way?
    Isn't that always the way it goes?

I go on Tuesday to discuss the next step in my treatment: radiation. I will find out on Tuesday about if I'll have to do something like tamoxifen after that (hope not). I'm hoping I can go to a nearby hospital for radiation treatments instead of going downtown every day. I'm such a suburban woman. I got city life out of me in college.
    *hugs you and crosses fingers for Tuesday* Hope everything goes well.

I'm really starting to dislike going into town (the mainland). I mean, sure, it already sucked before when we lived down in SoCal, but it was so much an everyday part of life I was just used to it. Now that I've been away from it for so long and it takes a ferry ride on top of everything else, it's just that much more of an ordeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Red View Post
    It actually feels odd to be back watching football. My team had their first game on Sat and kicked butt even with 23 players and 4 coaches out because of the Covid. The announcers were joking that they were wandering the streets the day before asking people if they could kick a football. LOL But the 3rd string kicker hit one from 43 and another one from 47. College football depends so much on motivation and I think they might have had it.

I hate going into the city also, especially if I have to drive. Around here you need a navigator to watch for crazies. I'll continue praying that all goes well for you.
    Yeah, the Pac-12 (with apparently a big push from the USC players) finally bullied convinced Newsom to pull that stick out of his butt and let college sports reopen before next year. Now let's see if it actually happens...

Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar

*tiptoes in*

Quote Originally Posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    Like cheese with a skunk label.
    That better be one hell of a smelly cheese...

We live near several military bases and a helicopter pilot training facility. There be black helicopters. Duh. And the occasional fighter jet and/or osprey. Now those are really cool. We are not under attack.
    Our new house is situated underneath the approach for the planes landing at Brussels Airport, so we have a great visual of all the incoming planes, including the military's C130 planes.

We love to guess which air company is on approach by visuals alone, and whether it's cargo or passenger. Considering international travel is limited, American/Canadians are automatically labelled cargo.

I got the news that there was no new cancer found! Woohoo!! So I still have to do radiation and such. I will go next Tuesday to discuss that part with the cancer team. I'm just relieved they didn't find any more.
    Comtraya!!
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Our new house is situated underneath the approach for the planes landing at Brussels Airport, so we have a great visual of all the incoming planes, including the military's C130 planes.

We love to guess which air company is on approach by visuals alone, and whether it's cargo or passenger. Considering international travel is limited, American/Canadians are automatically labelled cargo.

First Lieutenant Zandra's Ashes's Avatar

Hoping all went well today! I have to be mentally prepared for downtowns in big cities and driving in them is no fun. Hopefully they can get you closer to home.
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

My appointment went fine. Everything is healing. I go for my first radiation appointment in 2 weeks.

Thank you. My sister agreed to drive me into the city, so I'm going to have the radiation there. The local hospital - I was researching it - and I just wasn't filled with a sense of confidence about it. So it weighing the drive in for a month versus the long term issue of having it not done as well as could be. I chose to go for the better care and more driving hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    *hugs you and crosses fingers for Tuesday* Hope everything goes well.

I'm really starting to dislike going into town (the mainland). I mean, sure, it already sucked before when we lived down in SoCal, but it was so much an everyday part of life I was just used to it. Now that I've been away from it for so long and it takes a ferry ride on top of everything else, it's just that much more of an ordeal.
    Yeah, I can imagine that must be a pain in the butt. However it's gotta be worth it to live where you do.

Comtraya!!

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    Hoping all went well today! I have to be mentally prepared for downtowns in big cities and driving in them is no fun. Hopefully they can get you closer to home.
    Thank you! It's only Providence so it's not like Boston or anything. I'm just so spoiled that I never have to leave my little bubble.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

My appointment went fine. Everything is healing. I go for my first radiation appointment in 2 weeks.

Thank you. My sister agreed to drive me into the city, so I'm going to have the radiation there. The local hospital - I was researching it - and I just wasn't filled with a sense of confidence about it. So it weighing the drive in for a month versus the long term issue of having it not done as well as could be. I chose to go for the better care and more driving hassle.
    Definitely sounds like the right choice. Glad to hear everything's healing, and praying the radiation does it's job even better than anticipated.

Yeah, I can imagine that must be a pain in the butt. However it's gotta be worth it to live where you do.
    Oh it's absolutely worth it. And fortunately, the really crazy times when the ferry home ends up getting in two hours late are very very rare. (yes, this actually happened to us on Monday night. Didn't get into bed until 1am. )

Thank you! It's only Providence so it's not like Boston or anything. I'm just so spoiled that I never have to leave my little bubble.
    Heeheehee! I'm right there with you! I'm in my happy spot, I don't want to leeeaaavvvvve....

It's October!!! Fall!!! WooHoo!!!!!

I want a new car. Do I have the money for a new car? No. Do I have the money in my 401k that I could steal from to buy a new car? Yes. Do I want to pay the fines for taking money out of 401k? No.

Grrrrr.

Oh it's absolutely worth it. And fortunately, the really crazy times when the ferry home ends up getting in two hours late are very very rare. (yes, this actually happened to us on Monday night. Didn't get into bed until 1am. )
    indeed!!!

Heeheehee! I'm right there with you! I'm in my happy spot, I don't want to leeeaaavvvvve....
    Absolutely!!

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

So The Office Saga... where were we...

Chapter I
    Chapter II
    Chapter III
    Chapter IV

Chapter V

Spoiler:

Elizabeth stood to the side, observing Lieutenant Laura Cadman order men and women around as they checked every crate and box sent down by the Daedalus. They scanned the labels and made sure there weren't any items, not meant to be down in Atlantis, mixed up in the cargo. If there was something that didn't belong, they took it to a different pile so the Daedalus could beam it back up later.

Elizabeth patiently waited for Laura to finish her round. As a general rule she wasn't in the habit of pulling rank when it came to mail from Earth, but today she was expecting a special delivery and she wanted to make sure it was intact and found its way to its new owner as quickly as possible. There would be two deliveries; one labeled fragile and the other should just be saying this side up in which case it would probably have been transported this side down instead and the contents of the package would be all over the box.

"Doctor Weir," Laura approached, carrying two boxes, one labeled fragile and the other upside down. "I believe these are yours."

Elizabeth nodded, half acknowledging the issue of the one held upside down from this way up.

"Thank you, Laura."

"You're welcome."

----

Elizabeth had left the 'upside down' box in her quarter, for which the contents would have to be sorted out later, and was on her way to deliver the most important package of the two, the one that would hopefully set her back a few "owe me's".

The office, Elizabeth was heading towards, was at the other end of the city, far away from the hustle and bustle. The current occupant had chosen to be this far out, out of her own free will. It was all about the zen. It had nothing to do with the rumored notion she wasn't the most favored doctor in the whole of the city. Elizabeth had tried telling her on multiple occasions that the rumor was just that, a rumor, but her reply was always the same, "power of suggestion says otherwise".

Elizabeth rang the Atlantis version of the doorbell, and beamed a big smile when the door opened, pushing the package forward and into the arms of the woman on the other side.

"Doctor Weir," came the high-pitched voice of Doctor Miko Kusanagi, who barely managed to grab hold of the package.

"Miko," Elizabeth immediately pulled the package back, "Sorry, not meant for you."

"That's okay," Miko smiled unphased about being denied a gift from the leader of the expedition. She turned instead to wave at Kate, "See you next week."

"Bye Miko!"

Miko darted passed Elizabeth and disappeared around the corner.

"Hello, Elizabeth," Kate called out, giving her schedule a quick glance, "I didn't know we had an appointment scheduled."

"We don't," Elizabeth quickly confirmed, knowing that if she didn't claim otherwise, she'd be stuck for one anyway. Her Colonel was good at dodging them, but she was better.

"I brought you something."

She walked in, allowing the door to close behind her, and put the package down on the desk.

"Thought you might like a little something from home."

Kate eyed the package, glanced at Elizabeth and then back at the package. Elizabeth gave it a push in Kate's direction and gave it a little nod, urging the psychologist to open it.

"O-kay..."

Kate got the hint and pried the package open. She was greeted with an assortment of teas, coffee, chocolates, cookies, and a variety of flowered scented soap bottles.

"You can share with Teyla," Elizabeth quickly pointed out. "Or keep it all to yourself."

"And why are you giving me this?"

Elizabeth came prepared, "You've been so helpful and have been such a good friend that I thought I'd give a little something back."

Kate nodded, "I see."

She took some of the content out for closer inspection, while Elizabeth prepared to leave.

"I should go and leave you to it. I have some reports to get through."

Elizabeth turned around and hurried towards the door, aiming to get out as fast as her legs could carry her. She wouldn't want Kate to think she could still schedule in that appointment.

"This'll take a few off the list, but you still have plenty of them left."

Elizabeth cringed a little.

"Just so you know."

She waved the door open and all but ran out of the office with a few less "owe em's" than when she walked in. Mission accomplished.
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

That was great, FH!!

Quote Originally Posted by jt-2 View Post
    that was great, fh!!

Chapter VI is probably going to be about the other package.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Hahahahah! FH, Chapter V was awesome and adorable! "Plenty of them left", LMAO!

I should hope so...I'm very intrigued... *rubs hands together*

Loving these. Always fun to get packages.

And don't forget football. Go Hokies! Beat Duke. We're going over to watch the game with the fam today which reminds me that I haven't had a twin update lately.

Spoiler:
    They got a video from daycare of Thing 2. They had given all the kids spray bottles to use to water their garden and Thing 2 sprayed himself in the face and got his shirt wet. He started crying and the teacher came over and asked him what was wrong.

Thing 2: I need a new shirt.
    Teacher: Okay we'll get you a clean shirt.
    Thing 2: My shirt is wet. *sobs*

The complete sentences are quite advanced but the crying is typical 2-year old behavior. They also sent pics of them working in their school garden. Thing 1 appears to have a face full of dirt. Thing 2 is still wet but wearing a different shirt and Thing 1 is walking away with a dustpan and dragging a big broom. I'm sure that ended well.

Well, my Patriots won't be playing today because our QB has Covid. That certainly didn't take long for Covid to creep into the games.

And don't forget football. Go Hokies! Beat Duke. We're going over to watch the game with the fam today which reminds me that I haven't had a twin update lately.

Spoiler:
    They got a video from daycare of Thing 2. They had given all the kids spray bottles to use to water their garden and Thing 2 sprayed himself in the face and got his shirt wet. He started crying and the teacher came over and asked him what was wrong.

Thing 2: I need a new shirt.
    Teacher: Okay we'll get you a clean shirt.
    Thing 2: My shirt is wet. *sobs*

The complete sentences are quite advanced but the crying is typical 2-year old behavior. They also sent pics of them working in their school garden. Thing 1 appears to have a face full of dirt. Thing 2 is still wet but wearing a different shirt and Thing 1 is walking away with a dustpan and dragging a big broom. I'm sure that ended well.
    I love Thing 1 and Thing 2 updates! Poor Thing 2 - his shirt was wet! Too adorable.

Page 7728 of 7731 FirstFirst ... 672872287628767877187725772677277728772977307731 LastLast