Page 7561 of 7664 FirstFirst ... 656170617461751175517558755975607561756275637564757176117661 ... LastLast
Results 151,201 to 151,220 of 153274
  1. #151201
    Lieutenant General itsaparadox's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2013
    Location
    A galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    15,527

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    Oh, and I forgot: how’s everyone doing?

    As well as: OH HOLY COW I hate Photobucket. I haven’t been using it at all lately but now I can’t even access it on my iPad! Does anybody have any recommendations for other photo hosting websites?
    After what happened to Photobucket i moved over to Imgur for my photos. Works just fine for me.

  2. #151202
    General Falcon Horus's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...
    Posts
    33,668

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Scary Kitty View Post

    Thank you.

    Quote Originally Posted by itsaparadox View Post
    After what happened to Photobucket i moved over to Imgur for my photos. Works just fine for me.
    Thanks for the tip.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

    icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

  3. #151203
    General Scary Kitty's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    N UR jumpr, eetng UR turkee sammich!
    Posts
    24,077

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Red View Post
    Yes, but the whole point is you only have to remember your master password. It stores all the others for you.
    Too true.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

  4. #151204
    General Scary Kitty's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    N UR jumpr, eetng UR turkee sammich!
    Posts
    24,077

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

  5. #151205
    Colonel ShipperWriter's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Location
    In my imagination ... Oh, you meant in reality?
    Posts
    5,456

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Someone over on Stargate Command was bingewatching SG1 and The Golden Girls, and dreamed about a crossover. I though she should write it too -- it was considered a crackpot idea.

    And someone else complained most Tumblr Atlantis fans only seem to ship McShep.
    Though plenty of Sparkies on Command though.

    On that note: why are we calling it Sparky again?
    I haven’t been over to Stargate Command yet. How does it compare to the Gateworld website? Or does it?

    ETA: so when I tried to go to the website a minute ago, it had some strange, “must register before you can enter the site” cookie. But then I went back and tried it again and it came up fine so I poked around a little bit.

    Oh, and RE: the autocorrect convo from earlier: I was using voice-to-text on my iPad as I was replying, and I don’t know if it was because I had DS9 playing in the background, but it transcribed some very interesting words that I DEFINITELY didn’t say.
    Last edited by ShipperWriter; October 21st, 2017 at 05:34 PM.

  6. #151206
    First Lieutenant Zandra's Ashes's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In Shep's shadow...
    Posts
    616

    Smile Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Think I knocked out 2weeks of work in one, but I am ready for the rest of the month off. At the airport now with a carry on I'll be living out of for the next 8 days.

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Someone over on Stargate Command was bingewatching SG1 and The Golden Girls, and dreamed about a crossover. I though she should write it too -- it was considered a crackpot idea.
    This gave me the instant mental image of Rodney bickering with Sofia

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Red View Post
    Yes, but the whole point is you only have to remember your master password. It stores all the others for you.
    Brilliant! I need this in my life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!
    Luck is not enough for my team this season, poor guys...they are taking a beating. Have to admire them for showing up at this point when all the betting boards are against them.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    I haven’t been over to Stargate Command yet. How does it compare to the Gateworld website? Or does it?

    ETA: so when I tried to go to the website a minute ago, it had some strange, “must register before you can enter the site” cookie. But then I went back and tried it again and it came up fine so I poked around a little bit.

    Oh, and RE: the autocorrect convo from earlier: I was using voice-to-text on my iPad as I was replying, and I don’t know if it was because I had DS9 playing in the background, but it transcribed some very interesting words that I DEFINITELY didn’t say.
    Lol. Cracks me up, I don't use talk to text, but my auto-correct must be in sync with my inner evil voice. It translates my words into curses...a lot.
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

  7. #151207
    General Scary Kitty's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    N UR jumpr, eetng UR turkee sammich!
    Posts
    24,077

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Good evening, Sparkies! Hope you all enjoyed this Lazy Sunday...not so lazy for me, got woken up at 4am by the alarm on my uninterrupted power supply for my iMac going off because the power went out, and then out and about for the rest of the day. Busy busy busy!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    Think I knocked out 2weeks of work in one, but I am ready for the rest of the month off. At the airport now with a carry on I'll be living out of for the next 8 days.
    Have a great vacay!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    Luck is not enough for my team this season, poor guys...they are taking a beating. Have to admire them for showing up at this point when all the betting boards are against them.
    Starting to look a little like a roller coaster for my boys too. But they're still my boys no matter what.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    Lol. Cracks me up, I don't use talk to text, but my auto-correct must be in sync with my inner evil voice. It translates my words into curses...a lot.
    Hmm, sounds like I ought to try talk to text and see what comes up...


    And now to this week's College Football Roundup! OMG it's another crazy week as USC lost to Notre Dame 49-14, Virginia Tech beat North Carolina 59-7, Tennessee lost to Alabama 45-7, Air Force beat Nevada 45-42, and Navy lost to UCF 31-21.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

  8. #151208
    General Falcon Horus's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...
    Posts
    33,668

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    I haven’t been over to Stargate Command yet. How does it compare to the Gateworld website? Or does it?
    It does not compare to GW at all. In fact, Gateworld is still 100 times better than the app in every possible way, and as far as I'm concerned there is no other official Stargate home than Gateworld.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    ETA: so when I tried to go to the website a minute ago, it had some strange, “must register before you can enter the site” cookie. But then I went back and tried it again and it came up fine so I poked around a little bit.
    There are constant delays, crashes and loadtimes that make your skin crawl.
    And people actually paid 20 dollar to stream episodes -- there are dozens of complaints about the quality of the image, the sound (or lack thereof), and the lacking setting to pause and play in the middle of the episode -- and one of my favorites to point and laugh with, the going dark of the phone or tablet screen after a minute or so.

    It has chased a lot of people away, and Origins isn't even available yet. No idea, if we'll see them again when it does.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    And now to this week's College Football Roundup! OMG it's another crazy week as USC lost to Notre Dame 49-14, Virginia Tech beat North Carolina 59-7, Tennessee lost to Alabama 45-7, Air Force beat Nevada 45-42, and Navy lost to UCF 31-21.
    Another win...
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

    icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

  9. #151209
    General Scary Kitty's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    N UR jumpr, eetng UR turkee sammich!
    Posts
    24,077

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    It does not compare to GW at all. In fact, Gateworld is still 100 times better than the app in every possible way, and as far as I'm concerned there is no other official Stargate home than Gateworld.


    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    There are constant delays, crashes and loadtimes that make your skin crawl.
    And people actually paid 20 dollar to stream episodes -- there are dozens of complaints about the quality of the image, the sound (or lack thereof), and the lacking setting to pause and play in the middle of the episode -- and one of my favorites to point and laugh with, the going dark of the phone or tablet screen after a minute or so.

    It has chased a lot of people away, and Origins isn't even available yet. No idea, if we'll see them again when it does.
    That doesn't bode well for the site's or the series's future, that's for sure...

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Another win...
    Always a good thing! And ensures that John and Lorne are in a good mood the next morning for the PT run...
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

  10. #151210
    General Scary Kitty's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    N UR jumpr, eetng UR turkee sammich!
    Posts
    24,077

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

  11. #151211
    First Lieutenant Zandra's Ashes's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In Shep's shadow...
    Posts
    616

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good evening, Sparkies! Hope you all enjoyed this Lazy Sunday...not so lazy for me, got woken up at 4am by the alarm on my uninterrupted power supply for my iMac going off because the power went out, and then out and about for the rest of the day. Busy busy busy!

    Have a great vacay!

    Starting to look a little like a roller coaster for my boys too. But they're still my boys no matter what.

    Hmm, sounds like I ought to try talk to text and see what comes up...


    And now to this week's College Football Roundup! OMG it's another crazy week as USC lost to Notre Dame 49-14, Virginia Tech beat North Carolina 59-7, Tennessee lost to Alabama 45-7, Air Force beat Nevada 45-42, and Navy lost to UCF 31-21.
    Yep, still got to love them, no matter what. And yes, I think I need to try the talk to text too if for nothing but the entertainment value.

    As for the vacy...so far the stuff dreams are made of. Maybe I'm just easy, but seeing the Eiffel Tower from the rooftop bar of my hotel as I wind down for the night with a drink is a bucket list item. And the 3 hour food tour I took- all I can say is amazing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    It does not compare to GW at all. In fact, Gateworld is still 100 times better than the app in every possible way, and as far as I'm concerned there is no other official Stargate home than Gateworld.


    There are constant delays, crashes and loadtimes that make your skin crawl.
    And people actually paid 20 dollar to stream episodes -- there are dozens of complaints about the quality of the image, the sound (or lack thereof), and the lacking setting to pause and play in the middle of the episode -- and one of my favorites to point and laugh with, the going dark of the phone or tablet screen after a minute or so.

    It has chased a lot of people away, and Origins isn't even available yet. No idea, if we'll see them again when it does.
    Drat. I wanted to sign up. I wanted to love it. Had a feeling there would be some bumps in the road.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!




    That doesn't bode well for the site's or the series's future, that's for sure...

    Always a good thing! And ensures that John and Lorne are in a good mood the next morning for the PT run...
    That's a run I'd want to join! And probably should after this vacay.
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

  12. #151212
    General Falcon Horus's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...
    Posts
    33,668

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    Drat. I wanted to sign up. I wanted to love it. Had a feeling there would be some bumps in the road.
    You can sign up for free (I can't pay for the streaming service even if I wanted to -- only 6 countries can) and check out the free stuff.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

    icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

  13. #151213
    Major General Morgania's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Asgardian Library (burdened with glorious books)
    Posts
    13,493

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Why does the ABC streaming not work?

    Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

  14. #151214
    General Falcon Horus's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...
    Posts
    33,668

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgania View Post
    Why does the ABC streaming not work?
    We're discussing the Stargate Command streaming service -- you know where the webseries will be available sometime around the end of December or the beginning of January.

    The app and website are accessible worldwide, but the streaming service to watch the episodes of all 3 series (the TV-versions and director's cut of CotG), and all the movies, is limited to the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the UK and Germany. They are the only ones who can buy the all-access pass for the amount of 20$, and watch Stargate Origins (which is an odd way of gaining fan interest for a show you intend to use to see if there's still interest -- they're literally cutting of half the fandom from it).
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

    icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

  15. #151215
    General Scary Kitty's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    N UR jumpr, eetng UR turkee sammich!
    Posts
    24,077

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    As for the vacy...so far the stuff dreams are made of. Maybe I'm just easy, but seeing the Eiffel Tower from the rooftop bar of my hotel as I wind down for the night with a drink is a bucket list item. And the 3 hour food tour I took- all I can say is amazing.
    SQUEEE! OMG that sounds amazing! Glad you're having fun!

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    We're discussing the Stargate Command streaming service -- you know where the webseries will be available sometime around the end of December or the beginning of January.

    The app and website are accessible worldwide, but the streaming service to watch the episodes of all 3 series (the TV-versions and director's cut of CotG), and all the movies, is limited to the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the UK and Germany. They are the only ones who can buy the all-access pass for the amount of 20$, and watch Stargate Origins (which is an odd way of gaining fan interest for a show you intend to use to see if there's still interest -- they're literally cutting of half the fandom from it).
    But then, whoever said anything MGM does makes sense?
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

  16. #151216
    General Falcon Horus's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...
    Posts
    33,668

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    But then, whoever said anything MGM does makes sense?
    That is indeed a good point.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

    icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

  17. #151217
    General Scary Kitty's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    N UR jumpr, eetng UR turkee sammich!
    Posts
    24,077

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

  18. #151218
    First Lieutenant Zandra's Ashes's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In Shep's shadow...
    Posts
    616

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    You can sign up for free (I can't pay for the streaming service even if I wanted to -- only 6 countries can) and check out the free stuff.
    I really do need to check it out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!



    SQUEEE! OMG that sounds amazing! Glad you're having fun!
    It has been amazing. I brought my laptop thinking I might be inspired to do some writing while here. So far, the extent of my laptop useage has been online and- besides the few times I've checked Gateworld- my browsing history has been essentially limited to chocolate, pastries, cheese, charcuterie, and wine. And there has been walking, lots and lots of walking, because not only are there museums and sights to be seen, there is a tiny airline seat that must accommodate my behind next week.
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

  19. #151219
    General Scary Kitty's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    N UR jumpr, eetng UR turkee sammich!
    Posts
    24,077

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    It has been amazing. I brought my laptop thinking I might be inspired to do some writing while here. So far, the extent of my laptop useage has been online and- besides the few times I've checked Gateworld- my browsing history has been essentially limited to chocolate, pastries, cheese, charcuterie, and wine. And there has been walking, lots and lots of walking, because not only are there museums and sights to be seen, there is a tiny airline seat that must accommodate my behind next week.
    Sounds like my kind of internet browsing. And now I'm hungry! Well, you know what they say...season's eatings!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

  20. #151220
    General Scary Kitty's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    N UR jumpr, eetng UR turkee sammich!
    Posts
    24,077

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Page 7561 of 7664 FirstFirst ... 656170617461751175517558755975607561756275637564757176117661 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation
    By Erin in forum SGA Characters and Relationships
    Replies: 6949
    Last Post: December 10th, 2017, 12:42 PM
  2. Daniel Jackson/Elizabeth Weir Ship/Discussion/Appreciation
    By Dr. Elizabeth Weir in forum SG-1 Characters & Relationships
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: January 5th, 2015, 04:51 PM
  3. Jennifer Keller/John Sheppard Discussion/Ship/Appreciation
    By Erised in forum SGA Characters and Relationships
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: September 24th, 2010, 02:14 PM
  4. Jack O'Neill/Elizabeth Weir Ship Discussion/Appreciation
    By Harri in forum SG-1 Characters & Relationships
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: April 19th, 2009, 04:45 AM
  5. Sheppard/Teyla Ship and Sheppard/Weir Ship Discussion Thread
    By Cpt. Ritter in forum SGA Characters and Relationships
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: February 28th, 2006, 10:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •