Page 5 of 7668 FirstFirst ... 234567815551055051005 ... LastLast
    In the multifandom region of subspace...shiny!

Default Re: The Sheppard/Weir Ship Discussion Thread

I've just realise something....

My parents are called Liz and John...

Spooky...

I'm SURE it's a sign!

Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Quote Originally Posted by shelsfc
    I'm joining in here a little late...I'm still undecided about whether or not I'm completely for Sheppard/Weir ship, but I do see that potential for it. I'm also not sure if I want to be in the same boat (heh) again if they do with it what they've been doing with S/J...I'm not sure I can go through it all over again!

But I figure I might as well hang around here and see what happens....

((((((((shelfc))))))))))

Welcome!

Here's what I think, I think Weir and Sheppard because of their respective leader roles will need to form a close relationship, whether or not it turns romantically shippy I don't know. However, that could all be handled in fanfic and in fandom and the PTB can keep them close on screen (in whatever way). In many ways the worst thing they could do, is introduce it, and then pull back like they did with Sam and Jack. However, it's early days, and some of us are having fun projecting...

Almost win/win!!

Quote Originally Posted by sueKay
    I've just realise something....

My parents are called Liz and John...

Spooky...

I'm SURE it's a sign!
    It is! Stay and play!!!

In the multifandom region of subspace...shiny!

Quote Originally Posted by astronomicalchick
    It is! Stay and play!!!
    I think I will!

Now, being very new to Atlantis, and still being devoted to SG1...I am unspoiled for Atlantis (apart from knowing Poisoning the Well's a Beckett ep )

What's gonna happen to our Atlantis shippy twosome????

Go on...Indulge me!

Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Quote Originally Posted by aeromathlete
    I've only seen the first four episodes of Atlantis so far, and though I do really enjoy the Sheppard/Weir conversations, I can't say I've really noticed a potential ship yet. I'm not opposing your viewpoint or anything, but as an ignorant person who hasn't seen the episodes, what has happened that would lead towards you supporting a relationship between these two characters in particular? Just curious!
    Major Fischer already directed you to a few episodes which haven't aired in the UK, but I'd like to second "The Eye". I explained a few scenes in some detail, along with pictures, here. After that, Liv and I did discuss how some of Sheppard's actions could have been the same for other members of the expedition, but we were agreed that it was hard to interpret the last scene in any other light.

Quote Originally Posted by sueKay
    I think I will!

Now, being very new to Atlantis, and still being devoted to SG1...I am unspoiled for Atlantis (apart from knowing Poisoning the Well's a Beckett ep )

What's gonna happen to our Atlantis shippy twosome????

Go on...Indulge me!
    Well, if you really want to know... "The Eye"
    Spoiler:
    John is led to believe that Lizzie's been killed in cold blood. He goes on a bit of a killing spree after learning this. I'm going to give you this link, which is my post on the shippy scenes of the episode. Complete with art.

Glad to see you've joined the dark side, Sue.

Quote Originally Posted by astronomicalchick
    ((((((((shelfc))))))))))

Welcome!

Here's what I think, I think Weir and Sheppard because of their respective leader roles will need to form a close relationship, whether or not it turns romantically shippy I don't know. However, that could all be handled in fanfic and in fandom and the PTB can keep them close on screen (in whatever way). In many ways the worst thing they could do, is introduce it, and then pull back like they did with Sam and Jack. However, it's early days, and some of us are having fun projecting...

Almost win/win!!
    I like those odds!!!
    I think I can deal with that...after six episodes, I can already see myself being a Sheppard/Weir shipper, so I suppose that's a good start.
    In any case, I think you're right that they will need to form a close relationship because of their respective roles, so for the moment at least, I'm quite happy to watch that develop.
    I don't know if that really makes me a shipper but I'm heading in the right direction!!

Hello everyone i am new to the gateworld forum and i just wanted to say that i cant wait to see if a John/Liz ship develops. I really hope it does i really like it. I have to agree with alot of the post their are thes little things that you might notice in some of the episodes that support the ship

Quote Originally Posted by mjk306
    Hello everyone i am new to the gateworld forum and i just wanted to say that i cant wait to see if a John/Liz ship develops. I really hope it does i really like it. I have to agree with alot of the post their are thes little things that you might notice in some of the episodes that support the ship
    Welcome mjk306

I too can't wait to see how they develop this relationship.

No! I'm not going to do it! I'm not going to get dragged into shipping for another doomed romance! I'm sure the ole' 'It wouldn't be right for us as Commander and 2IC to get together' would be dragged out again for these two, even if their dynamic *is* the reverse of S/J... and there aren't, techncially any *regs* issues.
    Lalalalala!! *Fingers in ears...*
    It's too late. I've not even seen an episode of Atlantis yet and I've been converted by the pictures in people's sigs!!

Even if there were regs, and there is not, i would just loved to know how they would be court masherled in another galaxy. I would love to know how u breach the subject, "Yes, mama you are being put on trail a hundred bazillian miles away for disregading regs which dont exist" yea i bet that would fly well

See, they're just a cute couple!

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar
    No! I'm not going to do it! I'm not going to get dragged into shipping for another doomed romance! I'm sure the ole' 'It wouldn't be right for us as Commander and 2IC to get together' would be dragged out again for these two, even if their dynamic *is* the reverse of S/J... and there aren't, techncially any *regs* issues.
    Lalalalala!! *Fingers in ears...*
    It's too late. I've not even seen an episode of Atlantis yet and I've been converted by the pictures in people's sigs!!
    Yay, another one comes over...

You haven't seen an ep yet?

How did I get converted? Watched Rising... then there was some discussion on the Sam/Jack thread, then I started thunking for Sheppard and then suddenly Weir/Shep just struck me... aha I remember, the end of 38 minutes!!!

((((((((((((Lunar))))))))))), I tried to find a pic of Fran for your birthday a week or so ago and couldn't, then I seemed to have missed the boat. Hope you had a good one...

I just got told about this thread so I decided to pop over and read. Not sure if I'm convinced they're couple material. But I do enjoy their scenes together. I really hated WEIR at first but she's grown on me and I enjoy the chemistry between her and John.

Weir comes across as older than John, to me. And looks it..to me. But I rather like that as I'm the OLDER WOMAN to my hubby! LOL

That would actually be interesting to see. So I'll be looking out for this couple. Just to see what happens. I don't actually ship. Learned not to long ago. I just enjoy my faves *John is my fave in SGA* with whomever.

But I can see Weir/Shep working at some level. Interesting reading this thread. And lovely pictures.

Welcome aboard Merlin7. To me Liz and John seem to me to be about the same age, mid-thirties.

Quote Originally Posted by Watters87
    Welcome aboard Merlin7. To me Liz and John seem to me to be about the same age, mid-thirties.
    Thanks. Nice thread.

John just looks younger than that to me. Until I read the bio for Shep and learned how old Joe really was. I thought he was MAYBE 30. Sometimes he seems/looks a bit older. But he's aging really well.

I thought Weir was like in her early 40's. Hubby was not so kind! LOL

But I still really like that idea myself. Older woman/younger man. Even if it's just by a year or two. I'm tired of the same old Older guy with the hot chick. I see John as the HOT ONE in this pairing! LOL

GO WEIR!

Lieutenant Colonel Major Fischer's Avatar

Weir's cannon age is 37... which I personally think is rather unrealistic, but it places her and John the same age. IMDB doesn't have TH's age on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Fischer
    Weir's cannon age is 37... which I personally think is rather unrealistic, but it places her and John the same age. IMDB doesn't have TH's age on it.
    I find it unrealistic as well. LOL

Hi Guys ,

I'll be posting here when I get to know the show a bit more ..still need to see a few more episodes but Sheppard is hot ..that's for sure so I expect Weir to be following him around a lot.

...and it's strange that ...except for Liv and Merlin .....I recognize all the screen names from the Sam and Jack shipper thread on the Weir and Sheppard ship thread ..How is that possible ??!!!!

Anyway ...Welcome to LIV to a shipper thread and may be Merlin when he/She decided .

Caty

Yeah, realistically, Weir would be at least ten years older. And Sheppard probably would be too, come to that. But I happen to like Joe Flanigan just like he is, so...

Page 5 of 7668 FirstFirst ... 234567815551055051005 ... LastLast