Page 2 of 7647 FirstFirst 1234512521025021002 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Sheppard/Weir Ship Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by astronomicalchick
    J/K?
    J/K = Just kidding.
    Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwigater

Now, how can I send you a PM IF YOU DON'T CLEAR OUT SOME SPACE!!!!

*cough*
    right, sorry about that
    I swore I wouldn't ship for Atlantis. After all, shipping for Sam and Jack has brought very little onscreen reward But I can't seem to help myself! I'm quite the Sheppard fan, and I quite like the chemistry he has with Weir
    lol im in the same sitch, i was gonna see how the rest of season 8 turned out before i started shipping for atlantis but alas no hope there lol, i think the chemistry between weir and sheppard is interesting because its like military versus non military with a spark......i think i had a point there.....somewhere...but it turned into babble lol

Astro, Fanfiction.net has Atlantis fics aswell as Heliopolis. They have an archive exclusively towards Atlantis. There is more Shep/Weir fic at Fanfiction.net than Heliopolis.

Quote Originally Posted by Watters87
    Astro, Fanfiction.net has Atlantis fics aswell as Heliopolis. They have an archive exclusively towards Atlantis. There is more Shep/Weir fic at Fanfiction.net than Heliopolis.
    Thanks for this WAtters, I found quite a stash.

Say no more...

And bumping this up, cos I KNOW there are more Weir/Shep shippy inclined folk out there. *glares*

[snip]
    And bumping this up, cos I KNOW there are more Weir/Shep shippy inclined folk out there. *glares*
    Come on people don't be shy. Speak up.

A good Shep/Weir fic came out today called 'No Safe Place'. It's written by Jo. R and Fairygnomes. It's a two parter and here are the links (spoilers for 'The Eye')
    http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/26/nosafe.html Part 1
    http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/26/nosafe2.html Part 2

Well, as I've seen "The Eye" and have some caps of it, I was asked to post links to them here.

Extensive "The Eye" spoilers forthcoming. Bolded texts are links to images.
    Spoiler:
    At the end of "The Storm", Kolya threatened to kill Weir, which Sheppard seemed to have strong objections to. Unbeknownst to Sheppard, McKay talked Kolya out of it, stressing that he needed her alive in order to operate key parts of the city. Then, when the others were gone, Kolya contacted Sheppard again and told him that Weir was dead.

Sheppard: I am going to kill you.

Too angry to make a coherent response.

Later in the episode, Kolya takes a calculated risk and lets it slip that Weir is alive. By this time, Sheppard has killed sixty of Kolya's men in revenge. Sheppard looks like he nearly falls down the stairs when he hears this. He demands to talk to Weir, and says it's good to hear her voice. During this, the main theme (I believe) is played slowly on strings — significant in my mind because most of the score of this episode is heavy in bass and percussion.

Then the ending, which is what people really wanted me to post.

Kolya intends to take Weir back to his planet as punishment for what has happened.
    Weir sees Sheppard aiming for Kolya. "And risk hitting Doctor Weir?" Kolya taunts.
    Sheppard: "I'm not aiming at her."
    Kolya is hit twice and falls backward through the gate. Weir scrambles forward.
    Sheppard runs up to her, babbling about what's been going on.
    Sheppard: "Are you okay?"
    Weir stumbles for words and finally says, "No."
    "You will be. Come on."
    Sheppard grabs her hand, and they run up the stairs.

During this scene, the music played is definitely the main theme of the show, again, slowly on strings.

And that would be my cap presentation. I have a few more, but they're mostly variations on images I linked to here.

(Please be nice to my bandwidth and don't hotlink to these anywhere else. )

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Melyanna
    Well, as I've seen "The Eye" and have some caps of it, I was asked to post links to them here.

Extensive "The Eye" spoilers forthcoming. Bolded texts are links to images.
    Spoiler:
    At the end of "The Storm", Kolya threatened to kill Weir, which Sheppard seemed to have strong objections to. Unbeknownst to Sheppard, McKay talked Kolya out of it, stressing that he needed her alive in order to operate key parts of the city. Then, when the others were gone, Kolya contacted Sheppard again and told him that Weir was dead.

Sheppard: I am going to kill you.

Too angry to make a coherent response.

Later in the episode, Kolya takes a calculated risk and lets it slip that Weir is alive. By this time, Sheppard has killed sixty of Kolya's men in revenge. Sheppard looks like he nearly falls down the stairs when he hears this. He demands to talk to Weir, and says it's good to hear her voice. During this, the main theme (I believe) is played slowly on strings — significant in my mind because most of the score of this episode is heavy in bass and percussion.

Then the ending, which is what people really wanted me to post.

Kolya intends to take Weir back to his planet as punishment for what has happened.
    Weir sees Sheppard aiming for Kolya. "And risk hitting Doctor Weir?" Kolya taunts.
    Sheppard: "I'm not aiming at her."
    Kolya is hit twice and falls backward through the gate. Weir scrambles forward.
    Sheppard runs up to her, babbling about what's been going on.
    Sheppard: "Are you okay?"
    Weir stumbles for words and finally says, "No."
    "You will be. Come on."
    Sheppard grabs her hand, and they run up the stairs.

During this scene, the music played is definitely the main theme of the show, again, slowly on strings.

And that would be my cap presentation. I have a few more, but they're mostly variations on images I linked to here.

(Please be nice to my bandwidth and don't hotlink to these anywhere else. )

Mel
    Thanks Mel, this is great! I really appreciate you doing this.

Great caps. Thank you.

Spoiler:
    At the end of "The Storm", Kolya threatened to kill Weir, which Sheppard seemed to have strong objections to.
    Spoiler:

Well, in all fairness, I think he would have had the same objections if the gun had been pointed at McKay, Teyla, Ford or Beckett too.

Heh, I like that description.

Spoiler:
    Joe was really, really great in that scene. His frustration and anger was tangible. But I still think he would have been just as upset if he had been told that any of his other team members had been killed in cold blood.

THIS was the moment that stood out to me (I bet you thought I would never get to that ). If you've read back on what I've said regarding the ship you'll know that I was completely taken by surprise by the fact that I not only acknowledged that this could be shippy, but also that I possibly wouldn't mind it, if it was. I'm still proceeding with caution, but it's nice to have a discussion about it.
    Last edited by Liv; November 12th, 2004 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Fixed a little quote that didn't want to fit inside the actual quotation space the first time. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Liv
    Great caps. Thank you.
    No problem.

Spoiler:

Well, in all fairness, I think he would have had the same objections if the gun had been pointed at McKay, Teyla, Ford or Beckett too.
    Spoiler:
    I agree. But speaking as a writer, I think it's interesting (and a little telling) that Kolya went for Weir first. McKay's objections to them killing her were obvious. Since she's the leader, she's naturally going to have codes and such that are necessary to the Genii as well.

Heh, I like that description.
    It seemed to work.

Spoiler:
    Joe was really, really great in that scene. His frustration and anger was tangible. But I still think he would have been just as upset if he had been told that any of his other team members had been killed in cold blood.
    Spoiler:
    Oh, absolutely. JF proved in that scene that he can do more than the subtle (and sometimes not-so-subtle) comedy which seems to have dominated his part. Anger is hard to portray without coming off as a caricature, but he did it quite well.

THIS was the moment that stood out to me (I bet you thought I would never get to that ). If you've read back on what I've said regarding the ship you'll know that I was completely taken by surprise by the fact that I not only acknowledged that this could be shippy, but also that I possibly wouldn't mind it, if it was. I'm still proceeding with caution, but it's nice to have a discussion about it.
    Spoiler:
    Oh, it was DEFINITELY that scene that was the most obvious. I'm a shipper, as most of you know by now, I'm sure, and while I did tend to read the rest of the episode as John reacting in such extremes because it was Elizabeth, it was this scene that really couldn't be contested by the logical part of my brain. The scene, though brief, was quite intense, and just really well-played by both JF and TH.

Skydiving like the good lemming I am...;)

Well.

Err...

Here's a thread I never thought I would wander into, but nevertheless, here I am.
    ROFL!

I admit it, I saw some ship between Sheppard and Weir in The Eye and here's the crazy part: I actually didn't object to it. (I know, strange, isn't it? )

Not saying I'm a shipper, 'cause I'm practically incapable of saying that , but I thought it really was a lovely scene.

Spoilers for the The Eye:

Spoiler:
    I thought it was sweet the way he took ahold of her hand and they ran up the stairs together. And there was a bit of a 'moment' there. They actually do have chemistry together.

Okay, that's it. I've said it. Now I will exit this thread and see if maybe I bumped my head somewhere, somehow. Head trauma. Yes. That might explain it. I am still an Anti-shipper dangit!
    That's okay, we'll allow it...

I saw that scene too and that's what finally convinced me that I might be interested in shipping for someone on Atlantis. I'm with Major Fischer--I dreaded the Shep/Teyla thing they kept hinting at. I wasn't going to go there at all but after "The Eye", I called my hubs and said "well, I guess I'm a Shepperd/Weir shipper now"--he LHAO. I agree, I see some chemistry there too. I just hope it doesn't get screwed up.

As for your status as an anti-shipper...anyone who thunks for Sheppard is okay in my book! And isn't it possible to be a shipper in one show and an anti-shipper in another?
    Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
    Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming
    http://www.marimba26.com/Banners/marimba.jpg

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
    Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Skydiving like the good lemming I am...;)

<snip>
    Spoiler:
    Oh, absolutely. JF proved in that scene that he can do more than the subtle (and sometimes not-so-subtle) comedy which seems to have dominated his part. Anger is hard to portray without coming off as a caricature, but he did it quite well.

Spoiler:
    Oh, it was DEFINITELY that scene that was the most obvious. I'm a shipper, as most of you know by now, I'm sure, and while I did tend to read the rest of the episode as John reacting in such extremes because it was Elizabeth, it was this scene that really couldn't be contested by the logical part of my brain. The scene, though brief, was quite intense, and just really well-played by both JF and TH.
    Thanks for capping the scene, Mel! Your caps are gorgeous btw.

This scene is definitely a fine example of the talent of JF and TH for that matter. I've always been a Jack and Sam shipper (as if my sig didn't give me away lol) but the angst there has gotten to irk me a bit lately (but that discussion belongs elsewhere). The thing that I really like so far about Shep/Weir is that it feels comfortable--no angst. No regs or anything else hanging over their heads really--they are just two people far from home who may or may not become more than friends. I like it but I'm going to take a wait and see attitude. Right now, I like it like it is--subtle.
    Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
    Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming
    http://www.marimba26.com/Banners/marimba.jpg

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
    Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Lieutenant Colonel Major Fischer's Avatar

The Eye
    Spoiler:
    Finally! Someone after a tramatic event actually admits that really, no, it wasn't just peachy! I'm sorry, that's a pet peeve of mine. Though really with the look on her face it's hard to imagin her actually trying to say that she's okay.

Good for both JF and TH!

Quote Originally Posted by Major Fischer
    The Eye
    Spoiler:
    Finally! Someone after a tramatic event actually admits that really, no, it wasn't just peachy! I'm sorry, that's a pet peeve of mine. Though really with the look on her face it's hard to imagin her actually trying to say that she's okay.

Good for both JF and TH!
    Spoiler:
    Absolutely! It was kind of a dumb question — I suspect that John meant specifically in a physical sense, to ask if she was injured — but I liked that she took it in a broader sense, because it was the broader sense that mattered. Yay for Weir!

I can definatly see this happen, originally i thought teyla/sheppard were supposed to have some sort of connection, but now watching it there's not much chemistry there....i see a lot of chemistry between sheppard/weir however. I dont know if its just that they dont have a deep respect for one another, too early to tell in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by marimba26
    I agree, I see some chemistry there too. I just hope it doesn't get screwed up.
    Yes, hoping. Very much hoping that IF they go down that route they can pull it off and really surprise me with it. At least, as you pointed out, there are no regs so that's one thing out of the way. I like the possibility of it, because IMO they are on very even grounds and that's very important to me if the ship is to have any way of working.

As for your status as an anti-shipper...anyone who thunks for Sheppard is okay in my book!
    Heh. Why, thank you.

And isn't it possible to be a shipper in one show and an anti-shipper in another?
    Well, we'll see about that. Still too early to tell. But who knows, I just might be proof of this, yes. Like I said in the episode thread, wonders never cease.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Fischer
    The Eye SPOILERS (Highlight below to read):
    Spoiler:
    Yeah, I had much the same reaction there.

Spoiler:
    So often it's just "Really, I'm fine" when it's obvious that the opposite is true. Weir's reaction was realistic and I liked that a whole lot.

Thanks for capping the scene, Mel! Your caps are gorgeous btw.

This scene is definitely a fine example of the talent of JF and TH for that matter. I've always been a Jack and Sam shipper (as if my sig didn't give me away lol) but the angst there has gotten to irk me a bit lately (but that discussion belongs elsewhere). The thing that I really like so far about Shep/Weir is that it feels comfortable--no angst. No regs or anything else hanging over their heads really--they are just two people far from home who may or may not become more than friends. I like it but I'm going to take a wait and see attitude. Right now, I like it like it is--subtle.
    I agree that it should be left nice and subtle at the moment, just slowly cooking away ie leave it alone PTB!! Learn your lesson and leave it up to the fanfic writers to fill the gaps. There doesn't need to be overt ship in a show anyway, it can just be there in the ether.

The vibe reminds me a bit of the Janeway/Chakotay vibe (although what a car crash that turned out to be!)

I definitely see more chemistry between W/S than I do between Tey'la and Sheppard, although that might be because I can't see any use for Tey'la except for modelling that rather nice top she wears and flicking her hair about. She's just the shows resident male fantasy girl at the moment, she has no depth. Weir did annoy me a bit at the beginning, and I missed Jessica Steen, but she's growing on me a bit. Someone in another thread said that Sheppard had chemistry with everyone, and I agree (except for Tey'la I just can't see anything there sorry).

I can't see the PTB going for McKay/Weir, that doesn't make sense to me. McKay isn't that sort of character, much as I totally wuv Rodney, he's the anti-hero, but it's great to see his character grow and develop, and becoming more heroic (against his better nature).

Yes, hoping. Very much hoping that IF they go down that route they can pull it off and really surprise me with it. At least, as you pointed out, there are no regs so that's one thing out of the way. I like the possibility of it, because IMO they are on very even grounds and that's very important to me if the ship is to have any way of working.

Heh. Why, thank you.

Well, we'll see about that. Still too early to tell. But who knows, I just might be proof of this, yes. Like I said in the episode thread, wonders never cease.

Yeah, I had much the same reaction there.

Spoiler:
    So often it's just "Really, I'm fine" when it's obvious that the opposite is true. Weir's reaction was realistic and I liked that a whole lot.
    What's in the middle of anti-shipper and shipper? Sort-of-shipper? Depends-what-mood-I'm-in-shipper?

*scratches head*

It was good to read Mel and Liv's posts because one was a shipper, and I could see how being a shipper by nature, you tend to look for it (I know I do) and Liv not being a shipper was able to explain things Mel thought was shippy and then come up with the same conclusion. Don't want to get too serious, but that really made me realise how much I see the things I want to see, as opposed to being hit over the head with it.

What's in the middle of anti-shipper and shipper? Sort-of-shipper? Depends-what-mood-I'm-in-shipper?
    LOL! Yeah, something like that.

Oh, I know; how about "I'm Feeling My Way Around in the Outskirts of the Possibility That There Could Be Something There, and Therefore I Am Carefully Dipping My Pinky Toe in the Big Pool of Maybe, Just Maybe it Could Appeal to Me" - shipper.

It was good to read Mel and Liv's posts because one was a shipper, and I could see how being a shipper by nature, you tend to look for it (I know I do) and Liv not being a shipper was able to explain things Mel thought was shippy and then come up with the same conclusion.
    That's really nice to hear. I think that it's always a very good thing to get someone else's perspective on something and to get an interesting discussion out of it. I may not consider myself a shipper (dare I say 'yet'? ) but I like having the opportunity to come into this thread and talk about how we see certain scenes in a different light, whereas we may see other scenes in much the same way. It's just a lot of fun to have this discussion.

Today's shippy image, from the end of "The Eye":

Such a couples shot.

Page 2 of 7647 FirstFirst 1234512521025021002 ... LastLast