This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No rings for Atlantis?

I was watching Continuum the other day and I saw the goa'uld using rings and realized why doesn't Atlantis have rings (really random, I kno). I remember that in some episode of SG-1, I don't kno who said this, that the rings were made by the ancients. And the Ori use rings too. How can the greatest city of the Ancients not have rings? Maybe I missed something some where, can someone please explain or discuss.
    SGU =Awesome!!!
    Hope it stays as good...
    sigpic

Originally posted by Andromeda Galaxy View Post
    I was watching Continuum the other day and I saw the goa'uld using rings and realized why doesn't Atlantis have rings (really random, I kno). I remember that in some episode of SG-1, I don't kno who said this, that the rings were made by the ancients. And the Ori use rings too. How can the greatest city of the Ancients not have rings? Maybe I missed something some where, can someone please explain or discuss.
    Atlantis have transport terminals.

Comment

Yeah but they won't let you go anyplace you want. With Rings you can, which can eliminate the need for stairs. Also you can do what the Ori did and just put a ring transport down somewhere which wont take up space and use it. Also why not have the Asurans use it, they have the ancient knowledge and that place is huge(a hell of a lot bigger than atlantis).
      SGU =Awesome!!!
      Hope it stays as good...
      sigpic

Comment

not every where. no
        rings can do two things. hide in the floor, or break through stuff comming down from a ship.
        ether you need a lot of rings at random locations, or a lot of repairing facilities

Comment

true
          SGU =Awesome!!!
          Hope it stays as good...
          sigpic

Comment

Have we ever seen rings or heard rings mentioned in sga? (Not counting the "Do not ring transport" label in the Daedalus variations)

Comment

Originally posted by auror View Post
              Have we ever seen rings or heard rings mentioned in sga? (Not counting the "Do not ring transport" label in the Daedalus variations)
              I'm not even going to ask how you noticed that.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                I'm not even going to ask how you noticed that.
                High quality video, I pick up on most of the little things.

Comment

With the Atlantis transporters your allowed to go to a certain level and a certain part of the city.

So, its like an elevator to a certain part of a city if you touch that part on the digital map.

They have stairs too.
                  Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by auror View Post
                    High quality video, I pick up on most of the little things.
                    Thats awesome how you noticed that. Plus ya i don't think they ever even were mentioned, even when carter was there.
                    SGU =Awesome!!!
                    Hope it stays as good...
                    sigpic

Comment

cuz the altantis transporters terminals are so much more professional and much more fun to play with it. it would be so much fun playing with the locations touch screen, "I wanna go here, no here, no there, wait here, ah everywhere."

Comment

The Atlantis transporters are essentialy rings, only safer for the people using them, because the door will probably remain closed if the area is fludded, or situations like the jaffa anubis in the movie stargate won't happen. Also they have their own interface so no need for a seperate control.

Comment

Maybe the Ancients weren't lazy and realized that exercise is good for them?

- Lindbergh
                          My signature go bye-bye, Lindbergh is sad.

Comment

yes but what about getting from ship to Atlantis ( I know the use the Asgard beam) but Pegasus doesn't have any rings at all, and the wraith don't use them either. Also, what about getting from ship to ship. Did beaming take over rings in Pegasus?

"Yes Rodney, I shot you, and I said I was sorry!" ~Sheppard
                            (one of my favourite lines)

Comment

Originally posted by lacka1986 View Post
                              yes but what about getting from ship to Atlantis ( I know the use the Asgard beam) but Pegasus doesn't have any rings at all, and the wraith don't use them either. Also, what about getting from ship to ship. Did beaming take over rings in Pegasus?
                              That is very true, that thought never occured to me, how do they get from ship to ship?
                              SGU =Awesome!!!
                              Hope it stays as good...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X