Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neat 'Continuum' homage to 'A Dog's Breakfast' (minor spoilers for Continuum)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neat 'Continuum' homage to 'A Dog's Breakfast' (minor spoilers for Continuum)

In Continuum, when Sam is shopping she buys some breakfast cereal, I thought I recognised the box, and I was right. I finally managed to watch A Dog's Breakfast a couple of weeks ago and look what's on the table -

There's a full picture of the box on the ADB fan web page 'A Squirrel's Breakfast'
    Snurched with thanks.

I don't have a screen cap of Sam buying the Frootees from Continuum, but I'm pretty sure it's the same design.
    Nice little nod to ADB (which is great fun).

FF
    Last edited by Frostfox; 10 August 2008, 12:51 PM. Reason: spelling correction
    sigpic

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
    In Continuum, qhen Sam is shopping she buys some breakfast cereal, I thought I recognised the box, and I was right. I finally managed to watch A Dog's Breakfast a couple of weeks ago and look what's on the table -

There's a full picture of the box on the ADB fan web page 'A Squirrel's Breakfast'
    Snurched with thanks.

I don't have a screen cap of Sam buying the Frootees from Continuum, but I'm pretty sure it's the same design.

FF
    Nice find, when i was watching continnum and saw taht cereal...i thought i saw the name frootees somewhere else but i couldn't place it for the life of me.
    BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

You realize that this effectively ties A Dog's Breakfast into the Stargate universe. I mean, there is literally nothing stopping it from happening.

In the alternate timeline where the Stargate was never found, a man fitting Rodney McKay's physical description, though named Patrick, has a sister whose new fiance drives him to murder...

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
        In Continuum, qhen Sam is shopping she buys some breakfast cereal, I thought I recognised the box, and I was right. I finally managed to watch A Dog's Breakfast a couple of weeks ago and look what's on the table -

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/frostfox/frooteesADB.jpg[/IMG]

Snurched with thanks.

FF
        Oh, how cute!
        At least they were smart enough to not show the "rice crispies" on the side!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          You realize that this effectively ties A Dog's Breakfast into the Stargate universe. I mean, there is literally nothing stopping it from happening.

In the alternate timeline where the Stargate was never found, a man fitting Rodney McKay's physical description, though named Patrick, has a sister whose new fiance drives him to murder...
          Laughs! Hadn't thought of this!
          Makes a small universe.

Could do with a screen cap of our favourite astrophysicist and the box in question. Any one have a copy?

FF
          sigpic

Comment

Here you go:

Wait...is that just a Kellogg's Rice Crispies box with the front changed to that of Frootees'?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              Here you go:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...inuum_0001.jpg

Wait...is that just a Kellogg's Rice Crispies box with the front changed to that of Frootees'?
              Laughs, you're right! They just stuck the picture on the front of the box! At least ADB made the whole thing.
              Thanks for the screen cap.

FF
              sigpic

Comment

Mars (David Hewlett's dog) as a member of the Atlantis team - new for season six?

Pi to 16 decimal places: 3.1415926535897932

Comment

Now that's why I read Gateworld!

Good catch, Frostfox. Awesome, in fact.

Thanks for sharing. I will have fun pointing this out to a couple of friends.
                  The very young do not always do as they are told

Comment

Originally posted by Noxchild View Post
                    Now that's why I read Gateworld!

Good catch, Frostfox. Awesome, in fact.

Thanks for sharing. I will have fun pointing this out to a couple of friends.
                    I thought it was very cute and obviously the TV/Film industry in Vancouver is a relatively small world, there will have been people working on Continuum who worked on ADB.
                    Though I haven't quite figured out why 'Frootees' has the tag line 'Go Nuts For the flavour of...' surely 'Frootees' implies fruit flavour?

FF
                    sigpic

Comment

^must have soemthing to do with the Squirrel
                      "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                      "what?"
                      *throat punch*
                      My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                      LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

I'm actually surprised that someone (Frostfox) noticed that, it makes you think how many other little things must we have missed over the years
                        sigpic

Comment

Or they just didn't want to make their own mock cereal. "hey David, can we borrow yours?"

Comment

As long as it's fruit loops, I don't care where they got it from.

Comment

Ha! Nice catch!

Could've been a bit more careful with the Rice Krispies thing though. Couldnt they have stolen the box from 'ADB'?
                              Steve Hanmer

Stargate Omega

Comment

Working...
                              X