• Show
Clear All

The Sun (UK): Jewel Staite -Jewel's brain op-portunity

Again, the Sun posts another gem!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1534487.ece

Jewel's brain op-portunity

August 8 2008

excerpt:

STARGATE: ATLANTIS' Jewel Staite learned more from the show than she bargained for when she performed brain surgery on the sci-fi show.
    The 26-year-old actress – who plays Dr Jennifer Keller on the SG-1 spin-off – told The Sun how a real doctor helped her act out the operating scene in the first episode of the fourth series.

The pretty star said: “He was showing me what to do and how to hold the instruments. Now I can say I’ve done brain surgery!”

REST AT LINK ABOVE, plus video!

And more to come apparently tomorrow - Am I sensing a stargate fan in the sun's midst!
    I'm not complaining though. In fact it is fast becoming my favourite paper.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by carrollwoman View Post
      And more to come apparently tomorrow - Am I sensing a stargate fan in the sun's midst!
      I'm not complaining though. In fact it is fast becoming my favourite paper.
      Sad to say that yes, I'm looking forward to checking it out tomorrow as well

Comment

It looks to me like these interviews are an advertisement feature running on the website. There might be fans on the writing team, I don't know, but the interviews will probably be there because the distributors have sponsored the Sun to feature the show. If you do a search of Atlantis on their search function it's never been mentioned before, as far as I could find, so my guess is that this is a one-off promotion of the S4 dvd. Not to say that they're not nice little snippets - first and last time you'll ever catch me on the Sun's website though...
        Science fiction movies are weak just where the science fiction novels are strong - on science. But they can supply something the novels can never provide - sensuous elaboration by means of images and sounds. Science fiction films are not about science. They are about disaster.

The Imagination of Disaster, Susan Sontag

This sig is sponsored by Pegasus Fried Human - The Todd's Choice

Comment

Working...
        X