No announcement yet.

Generic Comic book Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to seeing Avengers EMH season 2 hope its as fun and as enjoyable as s1

curious about ultimate spiderman aswell should be decent but why couldnt they have just brought back spectacular spiderman it was a pretty good show ive only seen the first season of that but i quite enjoyed it

ok so after watching the justice league series last year im curious about the young justice, anyone who watches it, is it worth watching?

hope to watch the justice league movies this year
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

heya people . cool that we got a thread like this,really helps me with what i can read.
      Im been reading Some Dc stuff and marvel. For the Dc part it has been mostly grant morrison's Batman that is just so great to read and all other books that conects with that universe. dont know if flashpoint does but read it anyway.
      Doing Superman New krypton now that is fun to read. was a bit uncertin if i was going to buy for Dc since they are reluncheing everything but since i live in Norway it takes some time before they come over here.

On the marvel side it has been mostly Thor and that would be the relunch series from 2007 (i think) written by the guy who made babylon 5, really great stuff, and follow up with other thor tittles that follows the same story and universe. Started also on Avengers by micheal b. those are my only 2 Marvel series. i want to read more since Marvel has some great Heros but dont know where to start. since i hate that comic books tends to just end then start again just with another tittle and such.
      so if anyone of u can help me with some stuff to read after Heroic age or series that was in the civil war era . it would be great
      now my brothers in arms,, i stand before you now, like our for father did in the heed of battel,let us take the steel and our honor to victory

Comment

Does anyone know one which one the avengers will be loosely based on, the new avengers or the ultimates? And on which the new amazing spider-man movie is based on? I still think the reboot is bad idea but I'm still gonna watch it..
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
          Looking forward to seeing Avengers EMH season 2 hope its as fun and as enjoyable as s1

curious about ultimate spiderman aswell should be decent but why couldnt they have just brought back spectacular spiderman it was a pretty good show ive only seen the first season of that but i quite enjoyed it

ok so after watching the justice league series last year im curious about the young justice, anyone who watches it, is it worth watching?

hope to watch the justice league movies this year
          I think they are not doing Spectacular Spiderman because of the Disney merger with Marvel. At least that is what Newsarama said.
          Young Justice is decent but it doesn't air nearly enough for it to gain enough momentum. Nothing will ever beat Justice League Unlimited for me.

Originally posted by lommit View Post
          heya people . cool that we got a thread like this,really helps me with what i can read.
          Im been reading Some Dc stuff and marvel. For the Dc part it has been mostly grant morrison's Batman that is just so great to read and all other books that conects with that universe. dont know if flashpoint does but read it anyway.
          Doing Superman New krypton now that is fun to read. was a bit uncertin if i was going to buy for Dc since they are reluncheing everything but since i live in Norway it takes some time before they come over here.

On the marvel side it has been mostly Thor and that would be the relunch series from 2007 (i think) written by the guy who made babylon 5, really great stuff, and follow up with other thor tittles that follows the same story and universe. Started also on Avengers by micheal b. those are my only 2 Marvel series. i want to read more since Marvel has some great Heros but dont know where to start. since i hate that comic books tends to just end then start again just with another tittle and such.
          so if anyone of u can help me with some stuff to read after Heroic age or series that was in the civil war era . it would be great
          The DC relaunch killed comics for me.
          Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
          Does anyone know one which one the avengers will be loosely based on, the new avengers or the ultimates? And on which the new amazing spider-man movie is based on? I still think the reboot is bad idea but I'm still gonna watch it..
          I am pretty sure that the movie is going to be taking a little bit from both but I am sure it will learn more towards the ultimate side of things.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf O'Donnell View Post
            The DC relaunch killed comics for me.
            Relaunch or no relaunch, Scott Snyder's run on Batman right now is bloody marvellous.

Comment

I just bought the first two volumes of Thor by straczynski, read already the first two issues and I have to say its really good and quite funny actually after that I'm gonna start with new avengers and/or ultimate spiderman ( don't care about the marvel reboot).

Could someone recommend me good batman comics I have batman year one and the dark knight returns, but that's about it... I'm gonna buy the new batman 52s when it will be released in may as a volume. But which other batman stories are worth visiting?
              sigpic

Comment

Could someone recommend me good batman comics I have batman year one and the dark knight returns, but that's about it... I'm gonna buy the new batman 52s when it will be released in may as a volume. But which other batman stories are worth visiting?
                The Long Halloween is a classic, probably my favourite. Its follow-up Dark Victory isn't quite on that level, but is still great. They're pretty early in Batman's career, and essentially depict Gotham's transition from being a mob-town to being dominated by the lunatic supervillains, as well as Harvey Dent/Two-Face's origin. Long Halloween was a big influence on The Dark Knight in the same way that Year One influenced Begins.

The Killing Joke is amazing, probably the ultimate Joker story. Some good character study moments of Batman and Gordon, and, well, I don't know exactly how much you know so I won't spoil things.

I think Prey and Knightfall have new editions coming out in Spring sometime, both worth checking out. Prey is set just after Year One, with Hugo Strange and possible origins for some iconic elements of the Batverse (I say possible because... you know how comics continuity is... ). Knightfall is that Bane story.

Hush has mixed opinions, but I like it. It's mostly more of an action-thriller than the more noiry, psychological style of a lot of the classics. It does have a Batman/Gordon/Joker scene that I deeply love.

The Man Who Laughs is pretty good - a retelling of the first encounter with the Joker.

Comment

I just bought the first two volumes of Thor by straczynski, read already the first two issues and I have to say its really good and quite funny actually after that I'm gonna start with new avengers and/or ultimate spiderman ( don't care about the marvel reboot).

"Black Mirror"
                  by.
                  Scott Snyder

One word, "Brilliant."
                  Check out My directorial work (please leave comment. if possible).

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=coreyeasy

Or,

Leave comment on the off topic board.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29121

Comment

This is so WRONG!!!!!

Link
                    Last edited by Artha O'neill; 22 August 2012, 06:05 AM.
                    Check out My directorial work (please leave comment. if possible).

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=coreyeasy

Or,

Leave comment on the off topic board.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29121

Comment

*Brings thread back to life*

Anyone reading comic books? Last year I did 2 months of Marvel Unlimited (1st was free with a promo) and read the complete Civil War event (with all tie ins) and really enjoyed it.

I just signed up for Marvel Unlimited again (for a year this time $60 with Dr. Strange promo) and am starting back with Secret Wars. Going to do some selective reading to catch up and read the newer Secret Wars event with all tie-ins.
                      sigpic

Comment

Been doing some selective reading to catch up to the current state of events in the Marvel U and also read some other stuff I like...

So far:
                        1) Original Secret Wars
                        2) Some early Wolverine
                        3) Annihilation event with most tie-ins
                        4) Illuminati series (currently in)

From what I've read I need to delve into the Ultimate Universe a bit to understand the multiverse a bit more. Once I get some more backstory in those areas the new Secret Wars (where I think multiple universes collide makes more sense). Especially Prime (or original) and the new Ultimate.

The Marvel Unlimited app is great, save for offline reading was awesome on an airplane.
                        sigpic

Comment

Continuing reading the lead up events to the newest (2015) Secret Wars event.

So far beyond above:
                          1) A lot of Avengers and New Avengers
                          2) Entire Infinity event with about 50% of cross-overs (the ones I liked)
                          3) Continuing to read Avengers\New Avengers
                          4) Original Sin event (about to start)

What's next...
                          a) Time Runs Out (lead up to Secret Wars)
                          b) I'll probably read a lot of the Ultimate Universe comics (not sure what...)

This is what I've been following for reading order, great site to help navigate the often confusing reading orders in comics

http://www.comicbookherald.com/the-c...reading-order/
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X