This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So whats everyones Beef with Keller?

Im realy curious why everyones whinning about keller, is it her fault doc beck had his contract changed? nope

is she an unrealistic character? nope
    does she do her job on the show? yep
    is she hot? kinda (they need to bring back sora)

so is the whinning because of the character herself or just because shes not beckette? im thinking its cause of that.

so please stop complaining and give her a chance, to be honest i couldnt stand tayla for longest time and she still annoys me but its a good character.

Hmm...I like Keller a lot, and Carson too. I mean,they're obviously not the same and I think what you said about people being mad for that reason might be sad but true. It strikes me as similar to what happened when Sam replaced Elizabeth. People don't like to see their fave character leave and then have someone take their place.

But Keller's great, in my opinion, and of course I already loved Jewel from seeing her on "Firefly"

Comment

Indeed, it's nice to see characters that are real and not two dimensional hollywood superheroes.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
        Indeed, it's nice to see characters that are real and not two dimensional hollywood superheroes.
        Exactly, I mean it's not to say that Carson (or anyone else) was 2-D, but people should appreciate good characters like Keller, even if they are replacing an old fave.

Comment

Originally posted by ph30nix View Post
          Im realy curious why everyones whinning about keller, is it her fault doc beck had his contract changed? nope

is she an unrealistic character? nope
          does she do her job on the show? yep
          is she hot? kinda (they need to bring back sora)

so is the whinning because of the character herself or just because shes not beckette? im thinking its cause of that.

so please stop complaining and give her a chance, to be honest i couldnt stand tayla for longest time and she still annoys me but its a good character.
          " is she hot? " What does looks have to do with anything? Shallow question don't ya think.

"is she an unrealistic character?" yes...she is in the position of CMO but doesn't seem to have a maturity level to do the job/ She comes across as "whiny" for the lack of a better word.

"does she do her job on the show?" No...case in point. What CMO or doctor for that matter lets a patient in sevre shock, needs immediate surgery (sheppard, S&R) go off to rescue a teammate. She should have stopped him with a medication. (Dr. Fraiser would have jabbed a needle in his butt)
          Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by SciFi_Chick2012 View Post
            Exactly, I mean it's not to say that Carson (or anyone else) was 2-D, but people should appreciate good characters like Keller, even if they are replacing an old fave.
            I thought the purpose of this thread was to find out, and I quote, "...what's everyone's Beef with Keller." Not to praise her to high heaven!

If you'd like to support her there is a pro Jewel/Keller thread for that! Come to think of it there's an Anti-Keller thread as well. Why is this one even necesssary???

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
              " is she hot? " What does looks have to do with anything? Shallow question don't ya think.

"is she an unrealistic character?" yes...she is in the position of CMO but doesn't seem to have a maturity level to do the job/ She comes across as "whiny" for the lack of a better word.

"does she do her job on the show?" No...case in point. What CMO or doctor for that matter lets a patient in sevre shock, needs immediate surgery (sheppard, S&R) go off to rescue a teammate. She should have stopped him with a medication. (Dr. Fraiser would have jabbed a needle in his butt)
              I thought hottness was integral to most fanboys/fangirls in their choosing of favourite characters to crusade after... silly me.

McKay started out as 3D, now he's becoming less so. Sheppard is so 2D he's almost ONE dimensional. It's just nice to see some indepth and imperfect characters...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

What makes you say she's whiny? I don't really recall ever hearing her whine. I agree that she's not necessarily as mature as Janet or Carson, but I think that gives the character room to grow and expand.

Comment

if someone is refusing medical treatment, a doctor has no right to force it without a court order, good luck getting one in the pegasus galaxy.
                  Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SciFi_Chick2012 View Post
                    What makes you say she's whiny? I don't really recall ever hearing her whine. I agree that she's not necessarily as mature as Janet or Carson, but I think that gives the character room to grow and expand.
                    And when she matures she can be CMO...
                    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

She behaves like a normal human being with normal human flaws. Some fans don't want real characters on their televisions, they want dashing heroes whose only problems involve evil villains and experiments gone wrong. A young doctor who can't kill people with her mind and whose expertise is occasionally downgraded for expediency of plot *cough*SearchandRescue*cough* just doesn't cut it for them.
                      They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
                      Spoiler:
                      Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                        I thought hottness was integral to most fanboys/fangirls in their choosing of favourite characters to crusade after... silly me.

McKay started out as 3D, now he's becoming less so. Sheppard is so 2D he's almost ONE dimensional. It's just nice to see some indepth and imperfect characters...
                        I agree with sheppard and mckay.

With Keller, she would be much better if she was:

Under qualified, shoehorned into the position becuase she was the only doc left alive and was forced to grow from a result of it.

Right now she comes across as someone who got in as a favor to her father or something and not as someone who is either qualified or forced.

Keller, as she is currently written, would work great if the situation dictated her being in the position of CMO. But right now, I can't help but wonder why she wasn't replaced ASAP if there wasn't a shortage of good doctors.

The flaws could work if it fit the situation.

McKay's flaws work cause he's the "expert" and no one seems to be able to match him. (Though I think he's a bot over rated myself)

I don't want Beckett back and I'm not "anti" keller cause of that. I reserved judgment till after I saw her and the first ep, when Wier asked how her acting CMO was and they were stranded in space...I thought they had a good set up going.

Keller coming off as insecure worked well. If Atlantis remained stranded, and Keller had to find her "space" so to speak I think the character would grow leaps and bounds.

She's remained insecure, makes dumb choices (that moves the plot along) and doesn't fit in with the situation. She should have been replaced ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by SciFi_Chick2012
                          just chill, ok? sheesh. I was agreeing with what others were saying. And if the point of this thread is to figure out what's the beef with keller, then why are you posting something complaining about what other people are saying? Seems a bit immature to me.
                          No, Showfan is right. This thread is redundant. The mods should close it up.

I happen to think Keller is the most annoying, dull, excuse for a character ever to appear on Atlantis. Instead of letting the new doctor stand on her own two feet the writers decide to immediately make her the "girlfriend" of McKay in an effort to increase her popularity by riding on his coattails. If anything it's made me enjoy them both less.

Comment

I definitely have a hard time letting go of lovable old, familiar characters like with Beckett and Daniel. But I understand that you have to give new characters time to develop and grow on you, and also remember that they're not meant to replace them. That said, I feel like Dr. Keller has had ample time to make an impression on me, and she hasn't.

I have no problem with the age thing. I rather like seeing brilliant, young characters. And I don't have a beef with her "whiny-ness" as some people criticize her for. I mean, come on, I love McKay and he has to be the king of whiny; but Hewlett makes it somehow endearing and entertaining and that's where Staite fails. I have not seen her in Firefly (which people seem to love her for), but I find her acting rather mediocre on Stargate. Maybe the fault is shared with the writers though, in that "Dr. Keller" strikes me as flat and boring. She plays a reserved, insecure doctor who's not fun, funny or interesting. She has no amusing rapport with any of the team members like Beckett had with McKay. So that's my beef.

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
                              if someone is refusing medical treatment, a doctor has no right to force it without a court order, good luck getting one in the pegasus galaxy.
                              She's CMO on a BASE. He's an officer. I see no problems with her declaring that he's not in a right frame of mind and knock him out. After all...he just had a building fall on him--in the line of duty.

Originally posted by JasonG View Post
                              No, Showfan is right. This thread is redundant. The mods should close it up.
                              Yep!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X