Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith feeding off of each other for pleasure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith feeding off of each other for pleasure?

Do you think there are Wraith out there who feed off each other and then give the stolen life force back for pleasure. After all, what with doing it with Wraith Worshippers, they know that it's an euphoric experience.

Vampires sometimes feed off each other for some kind of perverse pleasure. Why shouldn't the Wraith? It could be like some kind of Wraith sex thing.

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
    Do you think there are Wraith out there who feed off each other and then give the stolen life force back for pleasure. After all, what with doing it with Wraith Worshippers, they know that it's an euphoric experience.
    Vampires sometimes feed off each other for some kind of perverse pleasure. Why shouldn't the Wraith? It could be like some kind of Wraith sex thing.
    It's an interesting idea. We already know from Todd in "Common Ground" that they give life to those they consider brothers. It might be what you describe, or just reciprocal Gift of Live. After all, Todd does not know how much it hurts to be fed on, so I guess they skip the feeding part to keep just the reverse feeding.
    My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
    Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
    sigpic

Comment

No. Except for Queens, Wraith can't feed off each other.

Comment

Originally posted by BriGuy View Post
        No.?* Except for Queens, Wraith can't feed off each other.
        I suggest you rewatch The Defiant One. Wraith can feed on each other.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Funny, the Defiant One disagrees.

Comment

If they go by the laws of thermodynamics, energy/life force will be lost in the process of doing that.
            sigpic
            "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
            ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
              If they go by the laws of thermodynamics, energy/life force will be lost in the process of doing that.
              Easy solution: Feed off of a human before/after the perverse Wraith feeding sex.

Comment

LMAO, Perverse, if the Wraith knew what we did, they might think twice about feeding on us.

The wraith can feed on each other, but its probably like drinking salt water for us, not good.
                "I didnt see you in church last sunday, were you there?"
                "Yes, I was there."
                "Oi, I didn't see you, I was juss worry apout you"
                "Is dat your chob?! You sit and coun da beople in the churg and not in da churg"
                "No I was chus wondring"
                "Maybe if I win the Lotto Ill make heaps of money and puy you a life"

Comment

Originally posted by ASAKATA View Post
                  The wraith can feed on each other, but its probably like drinking salt water for us, not good.
                  I disagree: I even had the impression (from "The Defiant One" and "Submersion") that a wraith who feeds only on his kind during a long period of time if much harder to kill than a "regular" wraith. And from "Spoils of War", we know that wraith feed on each other even when they are not forced to.
                  Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
                    I disagree: I even had the impression (from "The Defiant One" and "Submersion") that a wraith who feeds only on his kind during a long period of time if much harder to kill than a "regular" wraith. And from "Spoils of War", we know that wraith feed on each other even when they are not forced to.
                    Come to think of it, Human cultures thought the same thing, eat your enemy's heart and gain strength, bla bla bla, my culture used to eat people as a delicacy, (only royal people were allowed to do this)

Wraith cannibalism is probably like Human cannibalism, unacceptable in a civilized society. With wraith, that enzyme is probably the cause of all that strength.

Not sure where I was going with all that, but there it is.
                    "I didnt see you in church last sunday, were you there?"
                    "Yes, I was there."
                    "Oi, I didn't see you, I was juss worry apout you"
                    "Is dat your chob?! You sit and coun da beople in the churg and not in da churg"
                    "No I was chus wondring"
                    "Maybe if I win the Lotto Ill make heaps of money and puy you a life"

Comment

Try watching The Defiant One and Spoils of War.

Comment

I think most of the "pleasurable" side effects that can be seen to result from the giving of life to humans are a result of the chemicals the Wraith inject into their victims.

Since they have different biochemistry it's uncertain as to whether these chemicals would have the same effect on a Wraith body as they do on a human one.

Even if they did though then why not cut out the middle man and just inject yourself with your own suckers for a free high. Then you don't have to deal with all the relationship "oh I'm always giving him endorphins but he never reciprocates" issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                          I think most of the "pleasurable" side effects that can be seen to result from the giving of life to humans are a result of the chemicals the Wraith inject into their victims.

Since they have different biochemistry it's uncertain as to whether these chemicals would have the same effect on a Wraith body as they do on a human one.

Even if they did though then why not cut out the middle man and just inject yourself with your own suckers for a free high. Then you don't have to deal with all the relationship "oh I'm always giving him endorphins but he never reciprocates" issues.
                          Because their mother's tell them it's not nice.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                            Wraith seem to feel pleasure when they feed, so why not when another wraith give them energy through the Gift of Life? It doesn't need to be the enzyme, it can be something else. After all, wraith inject the enzyme both when they feed and when they reverse-feed, yet the feeding is awfully painful for the victim while the reverse-feeding is not, at least not at the end. (I'm still not sure why Sheppard screamed when Todd began to restore his life in "Common Ground". Maybe because the beginning of the process is painful, or maybe it was painful only because he was so very close to death.)

Heh, why do human form couples rather than not? (Although wraith really don't seem into relationships. But it's probably a social trait rather than a natural trait, judging how Ellia's feeling were similar to those of a human.)
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
                              Wraith seem to feel pleasure when they feed, so why not when another wraith give them energy through the Gift of Life? It doesn't need to be the enzyme, it can be something else. After all, wraith inject the enzyme both when they feed and when they reverse-feed, yet the feeding is awfully painful for the victim while the reverse-feeding is not, at least not at the end. (I'm still not sure why Sheppard screamed when Todd began to restore his life in "Common Ground". Maybe because the beginning of the process is painful, or maybe it was painful only because he was so very close to death.)
                              Well I feel pleasure after I eat a nice big meal to. Not so sure if that would remain the case if someone else were to "give" me their's after they'd already eaten it.

They said in this ep that Dex's brain was loaded up with some sort of chemicals that were affecting the reward or pleasure centers of his brain whatever that's supposed to mean. Ford's case of addiction was likewise chemically related.

It just seems to me that the pleasure component is primarily chemical for the individual being fed on/given life.

Heh, why do human form couples rather than not? (Although wraith really don't seem into relationships. But it's probably a social trait rather than a natural trait, judging how Ellia's feeling were similar to those of a human.)
                              Humans naturally form couples because we reproduce that way. Wraith don't seem to. They don't seem to form emotional attachments as much in general. I don't think we've even seen a case of two Wraith being "friends" before. Their attachments seem more all encompassing for their "hive" or their faction or possibly their queen. You're right that this again is likely at least in part societal though as again Ellia seemed to form a very deep emotional attachment to her "father" but you could also say that this might be the result of her imprinting on him as some sort of queen like superior figure, and had their been more than just him taking care of her she would have imprinted on all of them equally as a young Wraith would on those of his hive.

Comment

Working...
                              X