No announcement yet.

At the end of the show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rodney has one in BAMSR, when creating Fran. It's obviously some kind of wireless computer. Miniature laptop maybe, or hand scanner.
    You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Comment

You can tell it's not a ds because if you look at it closely the screen slides up, there are no hinge things to make it flip open. I hope they don't make special ones that do slide that can prove my answer wrong.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ablevins425 View Post
        Rodney has one in BAMSR, when creating Fran. It's obviously some kind of wireless computer. Miniature laptop maybe, or hand scanner.
        Not a DS.

Originally posted by padr49904 View Post
        You can tell it's not a ds because if you look at it closely the screen slides up, there are no hinge things to make it flip open. I hope they don't make special ones that do slide that can prove my answer wrong.
        They don't.

Comment

maybe the props department used a ds and changed it to look like something else, theyre very good and making normal stuff look amazingly different

Comment

Originally posted by perkin127 View Post
            maybe the props department used a ds and changed it to look like something else, theyre very good and making normal stuff look amazingly different
            Why reinvent something when there are BAGILLIONS of pda's and personal computing devices that look totally different from one another out there?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
              Why reinvent something when there are BAGILLIONS of pda's and personal computing devices that look totally different from one another out there?
              Because then it's harder to tell that the thing you used is really just modified earth tech...for example...a modified DS would likely be harder to tell than the life signs detector, which is actually an old HP iPaq with a custom little case on it.
              Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
              Check out my Flickr

Comment

He has a white DS right? I remember seeing it before ^^

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
                Sheppard <3's Rodney! YAY! LOLS!
                Happily floating in Mckay Heaven <3
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Valaslonglostsister View Post
                  He has a white DS right? I remember seeing it before ^^
                  Yes.

Comment

I think its a benchmark of the show, very often we see Sheppard playing with something in his hospital bed. At the end of the episode "The Long Goodbye" he is sitting in a hospital bed playing with a PDA, at the end of "Search and Rescue" he's in a hospital bed with a Nintendo DS. The one in "Sateda" looks more like one of those sidekicks.

- Lindbergh
                    My signature go bye-bye, Lindbergh is sad.

Comment

It looks like he's using this:

http://www.product-reviews.net/2007/...tra-mobile-pc/

Comment

Originally posted by MedHead View Post
                        It's possible, but there are A LOT of devices out there with that general design.

Comment

Working...
                        X