New alien technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New alien technology

Hey people, I've been visiting this site on a regular basis for a while, and I just found something that was intriguing enough to get registered to talk about.

Did anyone else notice that some of the new aliens' technology kinda looked like certain Asuran and Wraith technologies. The design of their weapons reminded me a lot of the Asuran gun, and the fighters reminded me a lot of Wraith darts, especially the screaming engine. I can think of a few possible reasons for this:
    1. It's just a coincidence
    2. Weapons and effects were recycled (because we won't be seeing these guys again).
    3. They have scavenged technology from the Wraith and Asurans.

That said, I'm really hoping that we'll see them again, and I think we will, or they've put a lot of work into making an entire race just for one episode.

Any thoughts?

The alien pistol weapon's were actually reused prop's from SG-1 and were used by the Serrakin, Hebridan and the two Oranian smugglers Tenat and Jupa (sp?). So that might just be coincidence.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Ah, damn. They I'm gonna guess that we won't be seeing them again after all.

Comment

I have heard that TPTB liked them and want to bring them back so it's possible we might see them again. Might not be this season but possibly the next if it gets renewed? Personally, I hope to see these guys again as well.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
          I have heard that TPTB liked them and want to bring them back so it's possible we might see them again. Might not be this season but possibly the next if it gets renewed? Personally, I hope to see these guys again as well.
          4 real? That's cool, I really like this aliens (cool tech, cool faces) Ohh, question : what does TPTB stands for? I really don't know & I was gonna ask this question for a long time, but I always forget.
          The enemy of my enemy it's still my enemy.
          Spoiler:
          Originally posted by Karhedron
          I think the thing with the Quantum mirror and The 6th Race would rather result in a thread like

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't like the Asgard .

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for the Asgard. They were just making it so they could snub their noses at them from several dimensions. They might have been powerful but their lack of respect for our off-world allies is astonishing.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7...3095364gi3.png

Comment

They reuse weapons a lot. After all, The Travelers used guns like Ronon's and The Genii use guns like the Satedans.
            Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

TPTB = The Powers That Be, which in this case means the guys in charge of making Stargate Atlantis.

Comment

Maybe they are the new race introduced.

Spoiler:
                It would be really funny if these guys are only evil in the other reality and in our reality they are cute people with Nox philosophy.

Also, I don't think they look like Wraith tech or Asuran tech. If it was Asuran tech McKay would have mentioned something about nanites or ancient tech. And Wraith tech looks organic and this does not.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  TPTB = The Powers That Be, which in this case means the guys in charge of making Stargate Atlantis.
                  Thanks 4 the info
                  Spoiler:
                  I think the thing with the Quantum mirror and The 6th Race would rather result in a thread like

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for the Asgard. They were just making it so they could snub their noses at them from several dimensions. They might have been powerful but their lack of respect for our off-world allies is astonishing.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                    Thanks 4 the info
                    Shame on me, for not knowing
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
                      If their not from our universe maybe they'll get used in stargate universe, would be a good tie in for the new series

Comment

Originally posted by A Wraith Named Bob View Post
                        They reuse weapons a lot. After all, The Travelers used guns like Ronon's and The Genii use guns like the Satedans.
                        While they do reuse props a lot, those are bad examples - The Travelers and Ronon had the same exact gun and Sheppard even commented on it. So that was more of a plot point that hinted at the source of Ronon's gun. And the Genii-Satedan thing is probably a case of the two races being so active in the galaxy and developing similar weapons after coming in contact with each other or a third party.

Comment

I think we'll see them back in a later season or who knows maybe in SG-Universe! Maybe that's the missing piece of the puzzle.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
                            While they do reuse props a lot, those are bad examples - The Travelers and Ronon had the same exact gun and Sheppard even commented on it. So that was more of a plot point that hinted at the source of Ronon's gun. And the Genii-Satedan thing is probably a case of the two races being so active in the galaxy and developing similar weapons after coming in contact with each other or a third party.
                            Well, the Travelers invented the gun, Ronon must of found one while he was a Runner.
                            It's all about startegy. Out-maneuvering the opposition, bending him to your will.
                            -Dexter-

Comment

Originally posted by SGSargon View Post
                              Well, the Travelers invented the gun, Ronon must of found one while he was a Runner.
                              or more likely he kicked someones ass and took his gun.

back to this new aliens. they're cool. i like them soooooo much already. they're obviously very powerful since their ship survived several asgard beams and one on one they're stronger then wraith. above all they have this Frankenstein look. very cool. long story short the ep was one of my favorites in the last couple of seasons. i really hope that this is a turning point for atlantis and that more eps like this will follow.

there is however a tiny thing that unnerved me. shep turned down mckay on developing an improved version of that "universe drive". i believe that those aliens we saw have so much new tech it would be stupid not to go back and challenge them. fully powered deadalus and apollo vs. them and the odds are on our side.

i hope we see this aliens again!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X