What made Teyla and Ronan smarter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teyla said she took a few lessons in ships operations, however, she was in fact kicking ass.

That would've been somewhat understandable since she did have some free time do to th baby, but Ronan???

Not only he paid attention to one of Rodney's explanations, he also understood it and retained the info for later use.

What is going on in Atlantis?

Originally posted by mago1978 View Post
    Characters are growing, being affected by their surroundings and learning from their friends. You're right, Ronon and Teyla are changing, which is proof to me that Atlantis isn't nearly as static and reset-able as some people claim.
    sigpic
    http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Just because they can remember things doesn't make them smarter, but helps.
      3 weeks on the trip back and forth to earth would help to learn basic ship operations. The fact is Teyla and Ronan are smart. Having Rodney talk about science one would pick up one or two timbits. Teyla kicking ass in the episode I don't think so, Rodney was guiding her. Plus it helps that all she could do on the system she was at was reroute powe,etc, basicaly read the screen and follow the directions. Ronan was alone for 7 years as a runner, being back with people and tech, (his world was somewhat tech advanced, possible may had some hyper drive tech, until the wraith killed it all).

Comment

Its been nearly 5 years since Teyla came on to the Atlantis team and nearly 4 for Ronon. They are growing into members of the expedition and are developing skills beyond those that they initially started out with. Look at Ronon, he has become much less "barbaric" than what he started out as.
        Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

I believe they probably ate a good breakfast.
          sigpicGadget

Comment

Originally posted by mago1978 View Post
            Teyla said she took a few lessons in ships operations, however, she was in fact kicking ass.

That would've been somewhat understandable since she did have some free time do to th baby, but Ronan???

Not only he paid attention to one of Rodney's explanations, he also understood it and retained the info for later use.

It's called character development.
            sigpic

Comment

It is called character development, and it is a good thing, as Ronan and Teyla had so little function before. One can't be too surprised when folks, such as yourself, find it a tad jarring, however. It was very sudden.
              They promised us some problem fixing this year and they are living up to that promise. Teyla and Ronan had big problems as characters. The episodes this season have been a major improvement, but since there has been virtually no character or team development since season two (except Rodney), thay had to work faster than normal. That makes it less than subtle. On the other hand, I'm glad they are working fast. It was necessary. Very necessary...

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                I call it bad writing

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                  Too bad it always happens off-screen. Then again, pushing buttons is not proof of intelligence. Even chimps can do that if properly trained.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
                    Too bad it always happens off-screen. Then again, pushing buttons is not proof of intelligence. Even chimps can do that if properly trained.
                    LOL McKay is one and only genius in SA team.

Comment

you do have a point, but after all these years they have to have picked up something instead of just standing there.

i believe they are all very smart people , it is just that Rodney talks more
                      sigpic
                      May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

each race is slightly different nonetheless human, teyla and the athosians were advanced enough to biuld small biuldings back in the rising til the wraith culled so they had to keep moving and let survival take-over science

ronan was a soldier

i think being with the team alot, they picked up a few things, just the basics
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
                          How can it be offscreen when we saw them do these things in this episode?

But no, it's not character development. The much more simpler explanation is that they stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Quinn View Post

I believe they probably ate a good breakfast.
                            They ate thier wheaties...lol

Originally posted by Earthgate Ricky View Post
                            LOL McKay is one and only genius in SA team.

Scary thought *shivers*
                            Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Well Teyla should have been shown to be more intelligent earlier on i mean she was the leader of her people, she couldnt have just been a kick ass fighter, but i agree that as there hadnt been much character development it all seemed pretty quick. the same with ronon, he must have learnt a lot to stay alive he didnt do it by simply running faster, and now were 5 years on so it males sense that at last their more than just the muscle!

Comment

Working...
                              X