No announcement yet.

Where did Cam Mitchell land in 1929??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

saw the movie last night and this is my take on the time-travel headache causing story
    • When SG-1 Watch the final Ball clone's execution, The real Ball activates the failsafe and travels back to 1939, sending the gate to the North pole.
    • Now in 1939 there are just 2 Balls. The original Ball and the 2008 Real Ball who has travelled back to 1939.
    • 2008 Ball, gates onto the Achilles and sends it to the North Pole. Thereby altering the timeline so the SGC never happens.
    • 2008 real Ball then deals with his 1939 self, no paradox because an alternate universe has been created (Many Worlds Interpretation). 2008 Ball is now the only Ball and takes over, becoming lead Sytem Lord.
    • This causes everyone to dissapear from the execution becasue the timeline has been altered.
    • SG-1 travel back to Earth, timeline shifts in transit, They emerge in alternate timeline.
    • The movie progresses until the point where SG-1 activate the failsafe and send Cam back to 1929.
    • Cam emerges on A: Random planet in 1929 and finds his way back to Earth (Ship/Gate)
    • B: Cam is sent to 1929 Earth. Emerges in Egypt, Gate was discovered and dug up in 1928.
    • Cam lays low for 10 years. Boards the Achilles as a stowaway en route from Egypt to Boston, carrying the gate.
    • The real 2008 Ball (not a clone) dials in and plans to blow up the boat, sinking the ship and altering the timeline (SGC never happens, Etc.)
    • Cam kills Ball as he steps through, dumps body, jaffas, bomb in water. preventing timeline from being altered, Lives out rest of life not altering the timeline.

Comment

someone told me in another thread the gate was discovered in 1928. must of just stuck around for 10yrs till the military picked it up. even cam had 10 yrs to make his way across to america to join the shipping crew. thats doable.

Comment

Originally posted by x303 View Post
        someone told me in another thread the gate was discovered in 1928. must of just stuck around for 10yrs till the military picked it up. even cam had 10 yrs to make his way across to america to join the shipping crew. thats doable.
        he didn't join the shipping crew, he just sneaked aboard the ship and waited near the stargate till Baal arrived.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Not always. In The Last Man (SGA 420) Sheppard hit a solar flare and continued along his path to Atlantis. It depends how the solar flare hit the wormhole.
          True I think McKay said something along the lines of you jump to the nearest gate of the two.

Comment

I know this is 8 years late, But The thing I'm having a hard time with is they used a solar flare to travel back in time. It seems very implausible that this would even happen, Since we Do not have the exact science nor do we have a stargate ( that we Know of) we will never know what would really happen.

Comment

They used the solar flare because, in the context of the show, they always used solar flares. Baal's base was different in that it could not only predict the flares, it could identify how far back (or forward) the gate user would be cast.

Stay in the context of the show and it makes sense. Step outside that context, and it's a mess.

Seaboe
              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by NetVamp View Post
                Hi @All,

I see you are already discussing odd findings in the movie.
                I got another one, maybe Im just too stupid to figure it out.

But if Cam kills Baal in 1939, how can there be a Clone off him in the future?

SG1 is going to extract the last Goauld from the last Clone. The real and finale Baal is going back in time and gets killed. So there shouldnt be any clones, they shouldnt even know about Baal at all.

Except if there was still at least one more clone left before Baal traveled back in time, right? Buf if there is still another Baal left, why didnt he build a time travel machine?

Somehow the story is a quite flawed. I liked the movie, no doubt there. But somehow an error like this should not happen.
                But its a nicer ending than just end the film after Baal is killed 1939.

PS: Forgive my rather bad english.

Bye Bye
                You're forgetting that the Ba'al who gated to the ship was from the future. There would still be the Ba'al from 1929 on whatever system he was occupying at that time. So we would've still encountered at some point in the present. The only way to negate this fact would be if Cam could've found that Ba'al in the 10 years between '29 and '39 and killed him. So if he had been killed in the past it would've created an alternate reality with unforeseen consequences.

Comment

Working...
                X