Where did Cam Mitchell land in 1929??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did Cam Mitchell land in 1929??

OK, so I am a new person posting so forgive me if this question is stupid....

When Sam sent Cam back to 1929 (Continuum) so he could wait until 1939 to make sure Baal was not able to deep six the Stargate, WHERE did he gate TO?

Where in the world was the gate in 1929? Was it still in Egypt? Or did the military have it in a box somewhere?

Either way, it seems quite a stretch that either a) Mitchell made it out of Egypt in 1929 or b) made it out of whatever facility the gate was being stored in.

And if the gate was being stored lying down, he just would have vaporized on entry.

Anyone have any insight on this?

dont think. just accept

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
      dont think. just accept
      in 1929 it was still in egypt and no one knew what it was. so all Mitcheel had to do was to stay in Egypt until the americans took the gate on the ship, and then get on that ship and wait for Baal.

and by the way when he jumped through the gate he probably didn't arrive to Earth. the time machine worked on the principle of finding the correct solar flares. so it probably should have been activated to a specific planet in the galaxy for the wormhole to go through the exact solar flare.

so Cam first arrived to that planet, then gated back to Earth (maybe not right away).

Comment

Wherever it was being stored in egypt for ten years. At some point the military got ownership of it from Langford. We know the military loves to store it upright in ginormous boxes. Cam was still around to save the day in the past so clearly it wasnt tied face down or anything.

Comment

That still is a little hard to believe, even in the world of sci-fi....

Comment

Originally posted by herzco View Post
            That still is a little hard to believe, even in the world of sci-fi....
            Want me to suggest some books to read instead of watching tv? I hear the Harry Potter books are good :-p

Comment

Thats a darned good question. I just replayed the movie, but couldn't tell if he had any sand in between his teeth or not so it's definately still up for debate

Comment

In all the previous times where they used a solar flare to travel through time, they returned to the planet they gated from, not to the planet they were gating to, so it's pretty safe to say he was in earth somewhere. Well it's still up in the air, but probably in a storage facility somewhere and then from there he hid out until 1939. I don't see why that is so hard to believe, scifi or otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by mylestaylor View Post
                  In all the previous times where they used a solar flare to travel through time, they returned to the planet they gated from, not to the planet they were gating to, so it's pretty safe to say he was in earth somewhere. Well it's still up in the air, but probably in a storage facility somewhere and then from there he hid out until 1939. I don't see why that is so hard to believe, scifi or otherwise.
                  Not always. In The Last Man (SGA 420) Sheppard hit a solar flare and continued along his path to Atlantis. It depends how the solar flare hit the wormhole.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Maybe he gated to some random planet, then over the next few months/years traveled through the Gate system as 'Cam Mitchell, Bounty Hunter' looking for a way back to Earth other than the Stargate. Eventually he acquired a Tel'Tac with a cloak and returned home.
                    Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                    http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Originally posted by Beckmen View Post
                      Maybe he gated to some random planet, then over the next few months/years traveled through the Gate system as 'Cam Mitchell, Bounty Hunter' looking for a way back to Earth other than the Stargate. Eventually he acquired a Tel'Tac with a cloak and returned home.
                      Sounds a lot like the third season of ReBoot to me.

Comment

Originally posted by mylestaylor View Post
                        Quite true other than the Atlantis episode of course. And there's always the little fact that he wasn't gating FROM Earth

So it's highly unlikely he traveled directly to Earth, most likely he ended up back on the same planet since Ba'al did not know about the other method that Sheppard took by accident...

Comment

Hi @All,

I see you are already discussing odd findings in the movie.
                          I got another one, maybe Im just too stupid to figure it out.

But if Cam kills Baal in 1939, how can there be a Clone off him in the future?

SG1 is going to extract the last Goauld from the last Clone. The real and finale Baal is going back in time and gets killed. So there shouldnt be any clones, they shouldnt even know about Baal at all.

Except if there was still at least one more clone left before Baal traveled back in time, right? Buf if there is still another Baal left, why didnt he build a time travel machine?

Somehow the story is a quite flawed. I liked the movie, no doubt there. But somehow an error like this should not happen.
                          But its a nicer ending than just end the film after Baal is killed 1939.

PS: Forgive my rather bad english.

Bye Bye

Comment

I was expecting that Mitchel would fade off after he killed Ba'aal, since, once that Ba'aal is dead, the 'original timeline' (edit) would have continued on. The difference I can see about this time travel tale to Moebos is that in Moebus, a revolt did happen, as what history have already recorded, only that the SG-1 team made sure that Ra didn't leave with the ZPM this time around, and all they have to do is stay lo, mingle with the crowd, and live to a ripe old age. At worse, the impact they may have to history is that there will be more than a few blue eyes, and blonds in Eqypt that it was suppose to have. With Mitchel, his stay in 1939 should have stop right after Ba'aal died, since there is no longer a timeline to justify his arrival. My thoughts, thanks.
                            Last edited by andromeda_dan; 06 August 2008, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AscendedThor View Post
                              in 1929 it was still in egypt and no one knew what it was. so all Mitcheel had to do was to stay in Egypt until the americans took the gate on the ship, and then get on that ship and wait for Baal.

and by the way when he jumped through the gate he probably didn't arrive to Earth. the time machine worked on the principle of finding the correct solar flares. so it probably should have been activated to a specific planet in the galaxy for the wormhole to go through the exact solar flare.

so Cam first arrived to that planet, then gated back to Earth (maybe not right away).
                              I like your answer a lot more than all the other ones. It is highly possible that his is what he did and you pointed it out better than all the ones before and after.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X