Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Vala Re: just started watching

Quote Originally Posted by THe KiKO peRsON View Post
    You know what? I'm watching that episode, right now. It's near the end. That is one of the awesome episodes, isn't it? I think it was one of the first episodes I watched, too.

DNA Mad Scientist is the first eps that really hit me that this Farscape show was not my momma's Star Trek. That NEVER would have happened on ANY incarnation of ST, imho. I was already hooked on the show from just the commercials I'd seen...but this cemented my long loving obsession with this frellin'tastic show. ;D

I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Default Re: just started watching

Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I liked Farscape from the beginning. It just took a little while to get used to how TPTB did things on that show.
    Weird thing is, I didn't start watching the show till sometime towards the very end of Season two. So imagine how confused I was.

For some reason I decided to watch the ep on Skiffy and then never looked back. I was hooked...even though I then had to wait out the break for season three to then air....

I guess somewhere in all that, Skiffy eventually showed reruns of the 1st and 2nd season so I could get caught up.
    IMO always implied.

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
    Weird thing is, I didn't start watching the show till sometime towards the very end of Season two. So imagine how confused I was.

For some reason I decided to watch the ep on Skiffy and then never looked back. I was hooked...even though I then had to wait out the break for season three to then air....

I guess somewhere in all that, Skiffy eventually showed reruns of the 1st and 2nd season so I could get caught up.
    Yeah, that would have definitely been confusing.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by SunKrux View Post
    DNA Mad Scientist is the first eps that really hit me that this Farscape show was not my momma's Star Trek. That NEVER would have happened on ANY incarnation of ST, imho.
    You've got that right! Really, Farscape is just not your standard sci-fi show. I think some people are put off by its weirdness, and the fact that they don't pull their punches. In my experience, Farscape is truly unique among other sci-fi shows.

I'm impressed that you kept with it! I started watching them in order from the beginning (on DVD, VHS or whatever I could get my hands on), and I was still confused! For some reason, I only understood about 60% of the dialogue when I started. I think it was a combination of the accents, the original Farscape vocabulary, and Crichton's random exclamations.
    Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
    Hallowed are the Optimi.

Well the John/Aeryn story got me hooked. Probably still my favorite ship of all time. (And to think I'm not much of a shipper to begin with when it comes to characters on tv.)

Plus I had to find out what was going on with crazy Crichton.

Farscape is definitely one of my all-time top 10 tv shows.
    IMO always implied.

I forgot about that. Crazy Crichton and two Scorpys would be enough to make anyone curious (I think by the end of the series, I was more interested in Scorpius than Crichton).

I agree with you on the John/Aeryn thing. I'm generally against ship in... well, almost everything. But I make an exception for those two. Definitely the best ship I've seen in sci-fi (probably on any TV show really, since I can't think of anything better).
    Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
    Hallowed are the Optimi.

Well the John/Aeryn story got me hooked. Probably still my favorite ship of all time. (And to think I'm not much of a shipper to begin with when it comes to characters on tv.)

Plus I had to find out what was going on with crazy Crichton.

Farscape is definitely one of my all-time top 10 tv shows.
    I'd put Farscape in my Top 5, easily. This show, even with how many times I've seen the episodes over the years, still amazes me at times when I watch it. Farscape was a work of art IMO.

"...phu...ah..."

I'd put Farscape in my Top 1
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...scape_sig2.png
    "We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
    The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by ./freelancer View Post
    I'd put Farscape in my Top 1
    Couldn't agree more It's still my TOP 1 and I don't think it's gonna ever change
    - help my dragons get out of their eggs and grow up! See all my dragons so far:
    Spoiler:

<= CLICK HERE!

I'd say it's tied with SG1 for my top #1 TV show. I can't choose between them, even though I like them for completely different reasons.

Hallowed are the Optimi.

I go back and forth with my favourite tv show between Farscape and Stargate SG-1.

I tried to watach Farscape once and thought it was too bizarre. I couldn't get over the look of the puppets. Then I caught a Chain Reaction marathon on Sci-Fi. It was the last few episodes of season 3 and the first few of season 4. I was so unbelievably confused, but at the same time really drawn to this John Crichton guy (it even took me a few eps to figure out he was the main character I was so confused!).

After I saw the incredible acting in those eps, I wanted to see every one. I started with Season 1 and thought......Thank GOODNESS I didn't see this first, I would have never continued! I personally don't like any first season episodes except for the pilot episode and....Crud!.....forgot the name. Where Crichton and Aeryn are on Earth. Anyway, I only liked those two episodes... until a certain black-leathered villain arrived. THEN I was totally addicted.

And even now, when it is in the running for my favourite tv show of all time....I still don't watch the first season. When I want to introduce this wonderful show to someone new, I do so by showing them only the two or three key episodes of season 1 and then skip ahead until John goes justs a wee bit craaaazy (Crackers Don't Matter)!! I know if I can get them to that point, I will have them!

Well I have to put it in my top 10 because there are other shows that I like as equally well and it's too dang difficult to try to place one above another one. So it's like ten #1s.....
    IMO always implied.

Well I have to put it in my top 10 because there are other shows that I like as equally well and it's too dang difficult to try to place one above another one. So it's like ten #1s.....
    Yeah, it is difficult for me to place one show above another in my Top 5. So I have five #1s.

"...phu...ah..."

Yeah, ranking shows is hard. But I will say that on my second trip through Farscape, it has risen up the ranks of my favorite shows quite quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy_Watson View Post
    Yeah, ranking shows is hard. But I will say that on my second trip through Farscape, it has risen up the ranks of my favorite shows quite quickly.
    That is really good to hear.

"...phu...ah..."

I also, just started watching Farscape. They used to show it on BBC 2 years ago, I can't remember that much though so I got it to watch recently

only up to Back and Back and Back to the Future at the moment.

Such a good show. I love the puppets, mostly cause it looks so much more real than CG.

I loved the first episode, it's got this great way of making you go "huh? wha? What the ****'s going on?" I'm sort of already hooked I just can't wait for the main story to get going.
    http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/Phanta.../3-259k8xg.gif
    "Say goodbye to your sanity!"

Spoiler:

Mollari: Isn't it ironic? When I first came to Babylon 5 I had all the choices in the world, and no power at all... now I have all the power I could ever want... and no choice... no choice...

Mollari: It was something my father said. I was just a boy... and I heard him, crying in his room. I asked him what was wrong, and he said "My shoes are too tight... but it does not matter... because I have forgotten how to dance..." ...I never understood that until now... now... my shoes are too tight... and I have forgotten how to dance...
    Vir: I don't understand...
    Mollari: ...nor should you...

Quote Originally Posted by Dimbo_Sama View Post
    I also, just started watching Farscape. They used to show it on BBC 2 years ago, I can't remember that much though so I got it to watch recently

only up to Back and Back and Back to the Future at the moment.

Such a good show. I love the puppets, mostly cause it looks so much more real than CG.

I loved the first episode, it's got this great way of making you go "huh? wha? What the ****'s going on?" I'm sort of already hooked I just can't wait for the main story to get going.
    First off, welcome to the wonderful world of Farscape. It is great to hear that you are enjoying it so far. If you think it is good now, just wait. You haven't seen anything yet.

"...phu...ah..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dimbo_Sama View Post
    That was pretty much my reaction as well. That first episode is awesome. I'm especially fond of the last scene where Crichton is recording the message.

"And there's life out here, dad... Weird, amazing, psychotic life."

Hallowed are the Optimi.

Quote Originally Posted by Khentkawes View Post
    That was pretty much my reaction as well. That first episode is awesome. I'm especially fond of the last scene where Crichton is recording the message.

"And there's life out here, dad... Weird, amazing, psychotic life."
    Yeah, Farscape's first episode was a very strong one, especially for a pilot episode.

"...phu...ah..."

Vala Re: just started watching

Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man View Post
    Yeah, Farscape's first episode was a very strong one, especially for a pilot episode.
    Yes it was...and it just got better and better.

I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.