Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday I saw the original movie and would like to ask something. Is it right when I think that the former host of Ra was Asgard? The alien was looking really very similar to Asgard. ( I didn't know that Asgards could be hosts)
    Another thing. I noticed that the Ra's guards didn't have any symbiote pouch, so they weren't Jaffas?

Comment

Movie canon is different from series canon. The two Jaffas were Horus and Anubis in the movie while they have played a completly different role in the tv show.

Theoratically Ra's host was named as Famrir, but it is not canon.
      https://stargate.fandom.com/wiki/Famrir
      Maybe his in-canon story should be told in the next tv show if Brad Wright (or Dean Devlin) wants to return to this problem at all.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

You kind of have to ignore the details to make the movie and the TV franchise jive. My head canon is that the movie is an alternate universe, but a more or less one to one version of those events happened in the TV universe.

Originally posted by AmFor View Post
        Yesterday I saw the original movie and would like to ask something. Is it right when I think that the former host of Ra was Asgard? The alien was looking really very similar to Asgard. ( I didn't know that Asgards could be hosts)
        Another thing. I noticed that the Ra's guards didn't have any symbiote pouch, so they weren't Jaffas?

Perfecto!

Comment

I think so too. The original movie takes place in an alternate universe in relation to the TV show. Or: you could say that the original movie's universe and the TV show's universes are two different universes that share some of the same elements.

After all, it is a known fact that the original movie and the TV series have been done by different productions with different people in charge. But they did end up including some of the original characters from the feature movie in the TV series by slightly changing the pronunciations of their names. Damn those copyright infrigment rules.

Comment

It's the Stargate multi-verse...lol

Give me a Crisis on Infinite Earths style cross over with Kurt Russell and RDA together!

Comment

It would have been interesting if the producers of the TV show would get the original cast from the feature movie and somehow make a crossover between the feature movie and the TV series cannon and not just simply use the actors & characters from the movie in the TV show. Then some crap happens and we end up having the same story play out as presented in SG-1. The TV cannon would feel more complete that way.

Comment

Working...
              X