Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In case any one is wondering, the reason I have Lockdown before Rising, is because to me it really feels like some time has passed between New Order and Rising, while Lockdown feels like it happens almost immediately after New Order. Hide and Seek also feels like it happens immediately after Rising, so instead of breaking them up, I feel like it flows better to keep them together. And unless I missed it, Lockdown has no references to Atlantis or Pegasus galaxy or anything that would preclude it from taking place before Rising.

There's also the matter of Lockdown and Hide and Seek being essentially the same episode, and watching them back to back is kind of taxing. (I actually can't believe they aired them on the same night.)

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
      I still say the alternating between shows is unnecessarily complicated and borderline obsessive. Just watch what you want when you want.

Stargate
      Stargate SG-1 (10 Seasons)
      Stargate: The Ark of Truth
      Stargate: Continuum

Stargate: Atlantis (5 Seasons)

Stargate: Universe (2 Seasons)
      Couldnt agree more, although i didnt listen recently doing my first full watch though lol, but looking back it was overly tedious and didnt really add much to my watching,

Comment

I kind of wish I looked this up sooner. As I mentioned in another post, I just got my husband in to watching SG-1 and we haven't started SGA yet. SG-1 does make references every now and then to SGA that is lost on my husband so I personally feel like we should have at least tried to watch them both. Oh well. We're almost done with SG-1 and then we'll switch to SGA.

Thank you to everyone who's compiled their own preferred order to watch SG-1 and SGA!

Comment

Thank you for all the work, I did a list a few years ago and know how much work it was.
          I am re-watching right now and approaching SG1-S7 I started to look for my list...only to found it lost,
          Intense online research made me find the best results here (no surprise) and I enjoyed reading through the 14 pages.

I guess I agree with the list on the previous page but there is one thing I remembered from when I made my list:

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s8/making/807.shtml quotes J. Mallozi "Originally, this episode was intended to air after "Covenant." As a result, Daniel (in the van scene) already knows their new name." speaking about the re-naming of the rouge N.I.D. agents to 'The Trust' which happens in "Covenant" but Daniel (already?) knows in "Affinity".
          So I was wandering if there was any reason not to switch

(SG1-807) Affinity
          (SGA-107) Poisoning the Well
          (SG1-808) Covenant

to

(SG1-808) Covenant
          (SGA-107) Poisoning the Well
          (SG1-807) Affinity

fixing this continuity error in the original order of airing by re-verting back to the order of writing.

Any feedback would be highly appreciated as I am approaching these episodes soon.

Comment

Just to follow up my previous post: I arrived at this point and watched in the order I suggested and there was nothing argueing against this switch but the lines 'They call themselves the trust.' in "Covenant" and 'You call yourselves the trust now.' in "Affinity" clearly made more sense in this order now.

So bottom line: I recommend the switch suggested above by myself.

Comment

Watching the series again for the third time and just noticed that 'The Nox' is listed as episode 12 on my DVD set, but is episode 7 according to the Wikipedia page.

What's up with that?

EDIT: Learned it was Showtime who aired them out of order. Does anyone know if that caused any continuity errors? Having just finished season 1, I don't recall any.
              Last edited by Metallica93; 24 July 2017, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                In case any one is wondering, the reason I have Lockdown before Rising, is because to me it really feels like some time has passed between New Order and Rising, while Lockdown feels like it happens almost immediately after New Order. Hide and Seek also feels like it happens immediately after Rising, so instead of breaking them up, I feel like it flows better to keep them together. And unless I missed it, Lockdown has no references to Atlantis or Pegasus galaxy or anything that would preclude it from taking place before Rising.

There's also the matter of Lockdown and Hide and Seek being essentially the same episode, and watching them back to back is kind of taxing. (I actually can't believe they aired them on the same night.)
                A little bit late...
                However, just to comment for further reference, if you put Lockdown before Rising you have a problem with the reference to the events in Rising like dialing Pegasus.

I would recommend:
                SG1 S8E01 S8E02 New Order 1+2
                SGA S1E01 S1E02 Rising 1+2
                SG1 S8E03 Lockdown S8E04 Zero Hour
                SGA S1E03 Hide And Seek
                A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

For me, because the connections are loose or non existence, my orders would be (starting SG-1: Season 8):

SG-1: New Order 1 & 2 (Premiers)
                  SGA: Rising 1 & 2(Premiers)
                  --Any mix of SG-1 and SGA works up to,
                  SGA: Before I Sleep
                  SG-1: Its Good to be King
                  --Any mix of SG-1 and SGA works up to,
                  SG-1: Moebius 1 & 2 (Finale)
                  SGA: The Siege 1 & 2 & 3 (S1 Finale & S2 premier)
                  SG1 : Avalon (S9 premier)
                  (according in show chronology-best guess)

Without spoiler, reason for 1st combo order has to do with Dr Weirs leadership role. 2nd combo has to do how the 'saving grace' storytelling tool in SGA appears in SG1 (loose connection by quite fun if ordered this way). 3rd combo has to do the source of the third act twist in SGA. Enjoy the shooowww....

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                    A little bit late...
                    However, just to comment for further reference, if you put Lockdown before Rising you have a problem with the reference to the events in Rising like dialing Pegasus.

I would recommend:
                    SGA S1E03 Hide And Seek
                    I could have sworn Lockdown didn't have any reference to Pegasus or Atlantis in it. It's possible I missed it, but I do know it felt strange watching Lockdown after Rising because of Jack seeming very comfortable as a General in Rising but feeling very new to the job in Lockdown. But yeah if there is reference to Pegasus in Lockdown that doesn't work. I'll watch it again to see for sure.

Also I'd probably change my order to fix the Affinity/Covenant issue. Looking at it, I'm actually surprised I didn't do that before. (EDIT: I've edited my order to have Covenant before Affinity.)
                    Last edited by Major_Griff; 22 March 2018, 11:56 AM.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                      A little bit late...

I would recommend:
                      SGA S1E03 Hide And Seek
                      Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                      I could have sworn Lockdown didn't have any reference to Pegasus or Atlantis in it. It's possible I missed it, but I do know it felt strange watching Lockdown after Rising because of Jack seeming very comfortable as a General in Rising but feeling very new to the job in Lockdown. But yeah if there is reference to Pegasus in Lockdown that doesn't work. I'll watch it again to see for sure.
                      Just watched "Lockdown" and there are no references to Pegasus or anything that would preclude it from coming before "Rising". You may be thinking of "Zero Hour" where they mention dialing Pegasus when Camulus brings them a ZPM. To be honest if not for that, I'd probably put "Zero Hour" before "Rising" too, just so you get that full Jack adjusting to being General arc before you see him in "Rising".

Perfecto!

Comment

Ow you're right I was confusing the two. Oopss.
                        A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

This is by far the best list I've ever come across, and every person that has ever asked the question of watch order, this is the list that I've given them. It is far and beyond the best Canon order you can find... Or you can sort it chronologically or anyway you like actually..I hope that a moderator or admin can sticky this on the first page of the thread... it really is the best...

Credit for the person who made the list is in the list itself
                          Enjoy,
                          -Frank

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ub?output=html
                          Last edited by Franksixer; 08 March 2019, 06:36 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for this ! When it first aired I stopped watching Atlantis quite rapidly and never tried Universe, but now that I fully intend to do things right and watch everything, this will definitely be helpful !

Comment

Originally posted by Elwenn View Post
                              Thanks for this ! When it first aired I stopped watching Atlantis quite rapidly and never tried Universe, but now that I fully intend to do things right and watch everything, this will definitely be helpful !
                              I'm glad I could help @Elwenn! I find that sorting it by Canon is the best and most efficient order... I recently did a re-watch with the complete correct (Cannon) order myself.. and actually changes a lot of the story when you watch it correctly! Especially with extended episodes and things of that nature!

Have fun, enjoy!
                              -Frank
                              sigpic

Comment

There is an awesome app called Gate Guide that makes it easy to know how they all interleave. It also lets you mark as you watch them so you always know which one is next. I’m using it for a rewatch and it’s so much easier than the spreadsheet. ????

Comment

Working...
                                X