Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big problem with the last man (spoiler warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
    I see what you are saying...when Sheppard stepped through the gate the very first time to go BACK to Atlantis from ANOTHER planet he should have ended up back where he started...on ANOTHER planet.

Good catch!

So...in order to make canon work Sheppard needed to be LEAVING Atlantis instead of going to Atlantis.

lol.
    Yeah, I was wondering why this scenario didnt' happen. I guess like everyone else said, the situation differs, but then again that was how Carter explained it. And they used the same concept to send the note back in time in 2010.
    Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

There is no doubt that he should have arrived on the planet he left, but also the weak 'reason' TPTB came up with make no sense. The DHD that Shepherd used to dial Atlantis would not have allowed a connection between the two stargates. As the wormhole would travel too close to a sun the DHD would stop the wormhole from forming.
      Does it say Colonel anywhere on my uniform?

Comment

Maybe he did go back to the original planet. After all we never even saw Sheppard enter the gate. We see him go into stasis on the future Atlantis and then we cut to the scene where he arrives through the gate in the present Atlantis. That was a pretty severe cut from one scene to the next. Who knows what happened in between?

My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

please, please, PLEASE try to stop picking holes in every episode. your bringing the GW vibe down...its turning into HATEworld

Comment

its not a plothole or problem. the solar flare in 1969 was a solar flare that caused it to re-connect with itself in the past.

the Last Man solar flare and the Continuum flares were different. how we dont know, but Mitchell could travel to earth after being flung back in time. so clearly they dont always get back to the POO. this might be due to the position of the planet relative to the destination and the sun, so that way the gate connects with a past version of the recieving gate, not POO gate.

Comment

if the wormhole goes close enough to a gate the gravity may cause it to form back onto itself and take you back in time. if you slingshot close enough the womhole may take you to your destination in the past or future.

Comment

Well the timeline that sheppard went into the future of isn't the timeline that EATG happened on,
                Spoiler:
                Atlantis was never moved to Earth or anywhere else in that timeline.
                Problem solved
                Last edited by Puddle-Jumper; 31 August 2009, 05:54 PM.
                I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Working...
                X