And what became of mitchell? Post speculation here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And what became of mitchell? Post speculation here

Here is what I think in mho what happened to the mitchell that went back to 1929. He goes back waits 10 years to stop baal stops him and over the next few decades of his life lives out obscure life trying to not get in history's way and eventually records a film or writes a letter which explains the events of the movie and has it delived to the sgc sometime after he is dead (in order to be still alive he would have to be like over 100)and after the events of continuum (like the end of back to the future part 2). After watching countinuum this is what popped into my head. Any feedback on this would be appreciated.

I don't know if he would let them know. That would tamper with the current (and now fixed) timeline.

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
      I don't know if he would let them know. That would tamper with the current (and now fixed) timeline.
      How could it mess with things?

Comment

Here's a question.

Hey, Cam: you ever wonder why the guy standing next to your grandfather in the photo looks more like you than he does?

I'd also be interested to know whether he told his grandfather the truth. Obviously things turned out okay between them if they posed for that picture.
        Theoretically spoilerish:
        Spoiler:
        Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Hey, Cam: you ever wonder why the guy standing next to your grandfather in the photo looks more like you than he does?
          They obviously hadn't been back very long. The locker scene probably took place right after they returned from the extraction. I bet Cam hasn't looked at that picture since he appeared in it.

How could it mess with things?
          I don't know if it could or not, but established protocol from previous time travel episodes is not to draw attention to yourself or do things that might alter history.
          Last edited by amconway; 29 July 2008, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
            They obviously hadn't been back very long. The locker scene probably took place right after they returned from the extraction. I bet Cam hasn't looked at that picture since he appeared in it.
            But seeing as the timeline was changed, and the picture was changed long before Cam ever got it, shouldn't Cam's memory of the photo be changed too? Or is the Stargate Universe using the convention that they're somehow immune to the changes that were made?
            Spoiler:
            Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
              Here's a question.

I'd also be interested to know whether he told his grandfather the truth. Obviously things turned out okay between them if they posed for that picture.
              Maybe he thinks the granny cheated on granpa with they guy who looks so much like him?

Comment

But seeing as the timeline was changed, and the picture was changed long before Cam ever got it, shouldn't Cam's memory of the photo be changed too? Or is the Stargate Universe using the convention that they're somehow immune to the changes that were made?
                I imagine that you're right about that. The only ones that had memory of the shift in timeline were Cam and the Sam and Daniel who died. Cam probably things it's his Dad or some other close relative. Actually, his Dad would have to be too young, I guess, but anyway, a relative.

Comment

Yeah, that's fair. He might just think it's an Uncle or something.
                  Spoiler:
                  Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                    Maybe he thinks the granny cheated on granpa with they guy who looks so much like him?
                    Lol! Well, we do know he thinks his grandmother's a crazy lady, so...

I guess it's just the same complaint as I have about the BTF movies: why don't Marty's parents recognize that he looks exactly like the guy named Marty who got them together?

Neither that nor the photo in Continuum bothered me, as it fell under "reasonable suspension of disbelief," but still something to think about.
                    Spoiler:
                    Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

when the past cam died
                      what would they have put on the grave?
                      who would pay for the funeral?
                      did he have a family?

cams future gf is actually his granddaughter LOL
                      "What we need now is a tactical retreat. Did you see the episode on Stargate where they found themselves on a planet with a culture based loosely on Earth Athens and Sparta?"

Comment

shouldn't that photo NOT exist though?

since they stopped Ba'al, they never left the extraction ceremony, which means they never went through the solar flare... which means Mitchell never went back in time which means they never stopped ba'al... which means that they did leave the extraction ceremony... which means they did go through the solar flare... which means Mitchell did go back in time... which means they did stop ba'al...

and since they stopped Ba'al, they never left the extraction ceremony, which means they never went through the solar flare... which means Mitchell never went back in time which means they never stopped ba'al... which means that they did leave the extraction ceremony... which means they did go through the solar flare... which means Mitchell did go back in time... which means they did stop ba'al...

and since they stopped Ba'al, they never left the extraction ceremony, which means they never went through the solar flare... which means Mitchell never went back in time which means they never stopped ba'al... which means that they did leave the extraction ceremony... which means they did go through the solar flare... which means Mitchell did go back in time... which means they did stop ba'al...

ok... when i become a science fiction writer, i will NEVER use time travel in this way... if i do, the traveller will exist in a bubble outside of space and time, and unable to affect the timeline and only observe it....
                        Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                        Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                        Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                        Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

:I never liked the aspect of the SG's time travel stories, that someone has to sacrifice himself or herself for an other reality. It is unlogical. If they can't enjoy the result, than why should they do it? So Mitchell has to live in the past without his friends and family. He could not leave the planet without the gate and he could not go anywhere, when the Goa'uld ruled everything at that time. It is terrible and not acceptable for me.

I knew the team will die, because there is a basic rule, if someone could go back in time in an SG episode, than he or she can never return to the future. Every decision creates new universe, so the traveler could never return to the old life, what he or she left. So Mitchell could live in 1929-1970(-1980). An SG-1 team lived in ancient Egypt. But nobody will remember them. Brrr...
                          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I'd really be interested to see an SG-1 story focusing on something minor Moebius Daniel or 1929 Cam did to change history in a small way. I don't know how it would work, but maybe they could just find writings left to them by Daniel based on his observations of Ancient Egypt.

I think I feel a little worse for Cam than Daniel, because at least Daniel was surrounded by a culture he found fascinating. He could lose himself in his hands-on studies of the ancient world, as opposed to Cam, who doesn't have much to lose himself in.

Though another interesting thing would be records of Cam fighting in World War II. He's reckless enough to go and do it.
                            Spoiler:
                            Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

There's a piece at the tail end of the iTunes version of Continuum about what happened to 1939 Mitchell. (I only watched the beginning because I was in a rush, so don't ask me)

Comment

Working...
                              X