This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invasion Fleet ? spoilers for revelations

In the final scenes of Revelations, when the RTF arrives at Earth, we see them dispatch every small ship that they've got to fly into the atmosphere. It doesn't seem that they take any time to make radio contact with any people that might be on the surface, or even check for satellites. Instead there is an entire alien fleet of ships immediately thrown into the planet. Had they actually arrived at modern or even and inhabited earth, they would have been an invading force that would likely be engaged full-on by the air forces of the world.

Anyone else think it was a rushed move?
    sigpic

If I'm running for my life for a fair number of years and I arrive at a planet that has been prophesied to be my new homeland, I'm for sure getting down as soon as I can so I can kiss the (radioactive) dirt.
    I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Insipid View Post
      If I'm running for my life for a fair number of years and I arrive at a planet that has been prophesied to be my new homeland, I'm for sure getting down as soon as I can so I can kiss the (radioactive) dirt.
      So true.

On a more serious note, we've seen no evidence that the Earth in the BSG-verse is in any way similar to ours, other than in name. Being the 13th colony and everything, it would take a massive conspiracy to cover up the fact that there is indeed extra-terrestrial life out there. Us, on the other hand...

Comment

It's also the same in geographical shape. Same continents and what have you.
        I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Insipid View Post
          It's also the same in geographical shape. Same continents and what have you.
          We actually don't know that. We never got a clear shot of the "Earth" the fleet arrived at, only the one seen by Kara. For all we know, they could be at one of the 13th tribe's colony worlds.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Actually, the final shot of the season three finale - Crossroads Part 2 - clearly shows the North American continent.

http://eric.halo43.com/bsgepisodes.p...=3&epnumber=20

EDIT - having re-read your post, point taken, though "Our" Earth is definitely in existence in the BSG universe.

Comment

Geography-wise it might be the same, but we have no idea whether the civilization/timeframe is anything like our world today. It might be far into an apocalyptic future, or it might never have been our world at all.

Comment

I love to bash a good screw up when we see one but this time it's not a mistake, it's a sensible order of scenes and i'll explain.

we are watching a highly condensed version of the aproach to earth is really the answer. we don't see them pop in at a lagrange point and establish course and speed to earth. we don't see them checking draidis or making sure all the ships got there, we don't see them radio earth, or try any type of signal.

we saw none of it because it's an S.O.P. - Standard Operating Procedure, it's implied because they always do that.

The reason you saw so many ships was their panic when they got absolutely nothing from all thier scouts, sensors and signaling.

Instead for artistic reasons the director/writers decided to skip the build up and go to the reveal to shock the audience, we weren't panicked like the colonials as they landed, we were stuned by what they found.

I liked it, i thought it was well done.
                That human piece of incompetent garbage currently holding the office of President of the USA is not in any way my president, I can't support a born failure. Same reason i was against the last nitwit.

Comment

Still if that's what they did upon the arrival at earth in a scenario like what was in the original series, we would have had a military airfight that would not have ended well for either side.
                  sigpic

Comment

I assumed that the mass launch wasn't really planned or authorized by adama; there will be ships in the fleet with their own scanning equipment and once they detected that the planet was habitable but without signs of advanced technology word spread (or possibly after an initial reconnaisance party returned or whatever and word spread) in the fleet and everyone wanted to get down asap after having been driven crazy all these years being cooped up in giant space buckets
                    I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Working...
                    X