Rockne O'Bannon To Write Farscape Comics - Cannon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
    I saw that yesterday. Though I wonder if they are cannon. I didn't see Rockne's name attached to it.

But they could be an interesting read anyway since it's the same writer.
    I heard it on the Scapecast, and I thought they said Rockne was still involved. I'll have to verify.

The cover art looks good, hopefully it's similar inside. I don't know how I feel about this mid-season stories though, it seems like they sort of limit where they can go (though i guess I love the SG-1 fandemonium novels, so nevermind )

Comment

Yeah here we go:

http://forums.spacecast.com/forums/4...howThread.aspx

The other comics project I've been working on is yet another Farscape miniseries: D'Argo's Lament. I'm writing this one on my own (though Rockne's still serving as "executive producer," vetting my scripts), with art by Tommy Patterson, the same gent doing the current miniseries. The story takes place in the third season between "Revenging Angel" and "Fractures," and has D'Argo and Jool taking the "D'Argomobile" (the ship that would later be christened Lo'La) on a mission to find a substance that Moya needs to survive. (Recall that at the end of "Revenging Angel," D'Argo promised Jool the first ride in his ship. This miniseries will be that first ride...)

Comment

Wow, a third set of comics? That is awesome news. This train is really moving now.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Quick belated note on that #187 ranking thing -- yes, that's fantastic, given that the comics industry is pretty much Marvel and DC and then everyone else is a distant third.....
          Keith R.A. DeCandido
          [email protected]
          www.decandido.net
          decandido.wordpress.com
          Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

"Don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk." ---Tom Waits, "Heartattack and Vine"

Comment

Does any have a list of the Farscape comics that have or will be coming out? I hoping to get them now that I know my local comic shop has them.

The hardcover book that suppose to have the first 4 issues will local comic shops have it or will it only be available on the internet?

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
              Does any have a list of the Farscape comics that have or will be coming out? I hoping to get them now that I know my local comic shop has them.

The hardcover book that suppose to have the first 4 issues will local comic shops have it or will it only be available on the internet?

The comics are as follows:

Farscape (4 issues)....which is supposed to have a hard cover volume put out. The HC volume is up for pre-order on TFAW, but the release date is completely unknown. So you should be able to buy it online if it is ever released and TFAW ships internationally as well if you aren't in the US.

Strange Detractors (4 issues)....follows on the heels of the first set. The first 2 issues are currently out and the third issue should be coming out this Wednesday (May 27).

Gone and Back...not out yet and will follow after Strange Detractors.

D'Argo's Lament (4 issues)....takes place during season three...the second issue should come out this next Wednesday (May 27).
              IMO always implied.

Comment

And once D'Argo's Lament ends, D'Argo's Trial will commence. This will be a flashback story that details D'Argo's marriage to Lo'Laan, her murder, and D'Argo's trial (ahem) for that murder.

Each of the miniseries will be collected into single volumes, which will be available in comic book stores, bookstores, over the internet, and from anyone else who sells books...
                Keith R.A. DeCandido
                [email protected]
                www.decandido.net
                decandido.wordpress.com
                Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

"Don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk." ---Tom Waits, "Heartattack and Vine"

Comment

Thanks krad. Which series will deal with the return of D'argo, or is that being saved for some video stuff?

Spoiler:
                  Like I could trick you into revealing something...you could tell us if you know one way or another though about D'argo

Comment

Originally posted by krad View Post
                    And once D'Argo's Lament ends, D'Argo's Trial will commence. This will be a flashback story that details D'Argo's marriage to Lo'Laan, her murder, and D'Argo's trial (ahem) for that murder.

Each of the miniseries will be collected into single volumes, which will be available in comic book stores, bookstores, over the internet, and from anyone else who sells books...
                    D'Argo's Trial sounds very intriguing. Thanks for the heads-up.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                    X