X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great ep, really loved it.
    Not a lot of Daniel, but reading the Prometheus Unbound spoilers
    Spoiler:
    I think the debt will be repayed next week with an extremely Daniel-centric ep.

Gemini
    Spoiler:
    It wasn't a great ep for Colonel Carter though. Compared to Major Carter she seems... a little too trusting at times? I dunno, she just seems a little... dilute compared to the Carter of previous seasons. A little <winces> .... dumb at times?

But a good ep, real return to form, I feel.

Comment

There was a great scene near the end when replicarter is talking to Sam in her mind, she's telling her that she knows how she thinks, how she feels, what she will do

"You play by the rules. You deny yourself your desires."

Oh yes, she's got your number Sam!

Comment

Too trusting, right.

Can anyone come up with a good fix for Carter's gulibility? I've tried for thirty whole seconds and failed, but if anyone is less addled and lazy than me...

??

Madeleine

Comment

So I assume "Gemini" has now aired? Anyone wanna give me some spoilerfree words about this episode? What did you like/not like, just tell me your opinion
          Very good German Stargate SG-1 & Atlantis Fanpage with all Information, Lexicon, Episodeguide, most current News and a great design: www.Stargate-Project.com

Comment

I really enjoyed the episode too, though I was also a little bummed out by the lack of Daniel Jackson, though the implication was that Prometheus Unbound was taking place simulataneously with Gemini. I think the good thing about this episode was the two Carters and I think Carter's willingness to trust the replicator came from her desire to put an end to something she thinks she started (i.e Fifth and his desire for revenge) and also replicarter used her feelings about Jack to gain her trust. When she was saying that Fifth had tortured her, she used the example fo killing Jack for this, and Sam believed how hard it was for her. This is what made Sam so gullible. She also wanted to believe that since Replicarter was like her, their goals would be the same.

I think that it was also ineresting that Replicater said Sam was more powerful than even she realised, but that she was held back by her fears. Of course this obviously refers to Jack, but also leads me to question just how much smarter can that woman be?

Nice to have Jack in the episode a bit more and Teal'c doing something an episode other than the ones that centre around him!

All in all a great episode, looking forward to her coming back, seeing how she evolves and also Prometheus Unbound (a DJ episode, yay!)

Comment

I thought this was a great episode. Easily the best episode this season. As some have said AT did a great job of separating Sam with Replicarter.

Was to me shippy but it wasn't obvious if you didn't want to see it. Jack was way better as a General in this ep and hope to see this for the rest of the season. Teal'c was great as well. He wasn't just wallpaper.

Comment

Originally posted by JackDaniels
                I think that it was also ineresting that Replicater said Sam was more powerful than even she realised, but that she was held back by her fears. Of course this obviously refers to Jack, but also leads me to question just how much smarter can that woman be?
                I doubt that was referring to Jack or her own intelligence. I think the more likely explaination is that it refers to her abilities to use Goa'uld technology from her experiance with Jolinar. She is always loathed to use the ribbon device or the healing device.

Comment

All I have to say is wow. This episode is fantastic. I couldn't have asked for better.

The beginning scene with S/J was good where Jack said "All the better" to there being two Sams. Good stuff. Execellent camera angles, good Teal'c action -- but I can't help feeling sorry for the gullable Fifth. Sad to see him go as I thought he was good.
                  __

__

Comment

yup this was a fantastic episode that deffinately didn't disapoint

thier was so much deception

i never expected RC would turn around and kill fifth because she was hell bent on galactic domination!!!!!!

phew what a twist!!!!!

i did do a little nit-picking though

teal'c's fave word sergeant that kinda annoyed me a bit (even though he only said it twice)

and the fact that when ever they refered to killing RC they didn't actually say it they said 'the mission' or 'the plan' or what ever and i'd just prefer straight talking

although i'd did make you wonder whether they where on to her so i'm kinda undecided about that

but like i said nit-picking these bits are practically insignificant to the wonder that is Gemini

it even seemed to go faster than the previous episodes of this season, there seemed to be a lot more going on it

where did danny boy go to though?

Comment

I loved this ep!

I have to dissagree with something AT said though. She said that Replicarter doesn't have her heart. I'd say half the reason replicarter is gonna be so evil is BECAUSE she has Carter's heart...without a conscience.

Can't wait for Reckoning!!!!!!!

I WANT FIFTH BACK!!!!!!!

THE 'CUTEST BAD GUY' CAN'T BE DEAD!!!!!!!!! HE'S TOO CUTE TO DIE AFTER ONLY THREE (four if NO counts as 2) EPS!!!!

That's my only gripe.

sigpic
                      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by JackDaniels
                        I think Carter's willingness to trust the replicator came from her desire to put an end to something she thinks she started (i.e Fifth and his desire for revenge) and also replicarter used her feelings about Jack to gain her trust. When she was saying that Fifth had tortured her, she used the example fo killing Jack for this, and Sam believed how hard it was for her. This is what made Sam so gullible.

Ditto! Couldn't have put it better myself. What a fantastic episode, AT was Excellent as replicarter, I didn't see it coming, the ending that is, it completely floored me. I hope we see more of replicarter, what a GREAT story arc for the rest of season eight. I wonder if the reckoning willbe the last time we see Replicarter or will this story line continue to season nine? But thats of course assuming AT will be back from season 9

What a GREAT early Christmas presents from TPTB, will SKy one be airing the next new episode of SG1 next Tuesday or will it be after the Holidays?

Purple

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                          I loved this ep!

I have to dissagree with something AT said though. She said that Replicarter doesn't have her heart. I'd say half the reason replicarter is gonna be so evil is BECAUSE she has Carter's heart...without a conscience.

Oh another point I agree on. My thoughts excatly
                          Am I that original?
                          purple

Comment

Oh, great. So, I'm going to be stuck with ship when this episode comes on in the US? Well, I'll have ample time to get my barf bag ready.
                            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Still no comments on the similarities to teminator, so i guess im the only one...

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

AT was fantastic. She did a really great job of separating the two characters.

Where was Daniel? I know he mentioned something about the Prometheus, but isn't that a different ep - oh right, the filming schedule thing....

Good little implied shippy stuff particularly at the start - two Carter's Jack: "If only!"
                                ROFL. Cute look between them too.

Here's my explaination for why Sam was so gullible - when RC put her hand in her head, she did something to Sam's mind that made her more easily persuaded by what she (RC) was saying.
                                Ok, that's very vague and doesn't quite fit...but I just came up with it on the spot, and I'm not always very good at explaining plot holes away...
                                Anyway, it doesn't explain why everyone else there was quite willing to let RC play with their fancy weapon. --She's a Replicator people!!!! Please don't tell me the thought didn't occur that she might - just might - be using it to figure out how to defend herself against it.

That aside, very very good episode.

Teal'c had a good role in a non-Teal'c episode. Impressive. He was very protective of Sam, that was nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X