No announcement yet.

Gemini (811)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what a complete garbage of an episode. ugh... trying to wash the bad taste out of my mouth. It might even be worse than threshold from voyager.

It's so truly, mind bogglingly badly written. It didn't occur to them that she might be treacherous? that bringing her into any site, much less alpha site, would be a bad idea? actually showing her how the asgard weapon works? are you kidding me? all of that, without a shred of evidence or proof? Are these {Snipped by Moderator} supposed to be in charge of earth's safety? I need a drink. ugh.
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 19 November 2015, 09:58 PM.

Comment

The charm of 'Replicarter'.
      CARPE DIEM
      ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
        The charm of 'Replicarter'.
        Good one.

I liked this episode. I thought it was going to be predictable and that The Replicarter would turn on Fifth/sacrifice herself for humanity, etc.

Really didn't see her true intentions coming.

Something that confused me with the Asgards - were they in a ship in orbit to deliver the satellite? Or was it gated from their own world?

Why didn't they send more weapons? And why didn't they send shops help?

They abandoned everything to fight the replicators last time - so why couldn't they be bothered this time?

Comment

I believe this is our first hint that the Asgard have been so damaged by the replicators and by their means of reproduction that they no longer have the capability to help "on the ground" as it were.

Seaboe
          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

This episode to me made Carter look out of character. I could not believe she trusted her so fully! At that point they know replicators are extremely dangerous. Even the Asgard are incapable of neutralizing them. SGC finally gets their hand on the only weapon that can destroy them and they show the designs to another replicator!

Bottom line, given Carter's past experience and how intelligent she is, I can't believe she would fall for this.

I still enjoyed the episode!

Comment

Even intelligent, experienced people see what they want to see from time to time.

Seaboe
              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I think the whole episode goes back to when they first encountered the human form replicators. Jack tried to get both Jonas and Sam to understand that though they may look human, and in the case of Fifth they may and even mimic human emotions. they were not human. Sam never really accepted that. Replicarter understood Fifth's mistake in using potato head to stay with him. She also understood the way to emotionally compromise Sam was in using Jack. Which also was the reason for her comment of " you deny your own hearts desire" Even with this statement Sam refused to acknowledge the truth of replicarter's statement, and struggled with the human vs machine concept. especially with it being made in her image. I don't think Sam fully understood until SGA when they destroyed the replicator home world.

Comment

Somehow I expected more from Sam but your point is valid.

Comment

Good analysis! That seems clearer now. I would have liked to see them to at least develop a contingency plan. Perhaps there were too many unknowns and Sam had to select a course of action.

Comment

Oye vey... I have no love for Carter so having to watch 2 of them is painful at best.

It's not a bad story but you never trust a replicater, no matter what they look like or act like.

You'd think they would have learned their lesson after Fifth, especially Carter.

From the get-go, it feels like a trap. It looks like a trap. It even smells like a trap. Yet, they walk into as if they've never even heard of the word 'trap' before and they still have to learn the hard way what it means.

Goddess, this is such a painful episode to watch or get through.
                      There are simply no redeeming qualities worth mentioning, and the sooner I can forget about it, the better.

How would you rate SG-1's "Gemini"?

Excellent
                      Good
                      Fair
                      Poor
                      Terrible

3-episode quiz: Gemini, It's Good To Be King & Full Alert

Jigsaw puzzle: Gemini
                      Last edited by Falcon Horus; 24 May 2020, 03:29 PM. Reason: Adding quiz and jigsaw links.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

This is what happens you don't watch in the proper order FH. Continuity errors

Ultimately I think the RepliCarter story was a bad idea. Mostly it came too late in the show. I can see the rationale in pushing for a more personal adversary to represent the Replicators. It just came too late. Its part of why this episode fails. It's also clear this episode clearly exists to set the stage for Reckoning and to get the Replicator pieces in place. It feels like they made the characters idiots to allow RepliCarter to succeed in her power grab. This is especially evident in Carter but Jack and Teal'c are guilty too. I too give it a poor.

7:08
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

13:23
                          Last edited by Who Knows; 02 June 2020, 07:45 AM.
                          http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            This is what happens you don't watch in the proper order FH. Continuity errors
                            There aren't any continuity errors -- at least, I don't think so.

Comment

Mmm... always a few seconds short of beating Jelgate... ... 7:30

Comment

Two Sams, who wouldn't like this episode? Amanda was outstanding, actually as always But here especially. Also the plot was really really interesting. As I said before I like replicators and I was glad to see them again. In some way I was sorry for Fifth but, yeah, he wanted to destroy whole Milky Way, so ...goodbye. Now we have Sam..badass Sam
                                Great episode

Comment

Working...
                                X