No announcement yet.

Gemini (811)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it was really good, some nice development on evil carter, and some nice development on carter, and i can imagine it becomin a nice episode later on!
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

My thoughts before reading yours:

Excellent ep.

It was the kind of ep that kept me trying to work out what was going on(and always glad to be wrong, wrong, wrong! ),what ace tactic Jack was hiding up his sleeve(I was sure he and Thor had arranged to have an uncompromised replicater satilite gun (cloaked, of course) as backup. I expected a Kawalski move when RepSam was in the event horizon, but they did something way cooler. kudos!

And the shippers rejoiced.... You guys must be in Nirvana with this ep. As a neutral observer I thought the ship was well done and tasteful.

I loved the tiny insights into Sam's past, and the burden she carries with her, from Unnatural Selection through to New Order and now with Gemini and whatever ep(s?) is/are sure to continue this arc.

I wonder what MS was doing to preclude him from this ep? I'm sure I get an eyeful about this when I read all the posts, so, off I go....
      Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
      "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
      One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
      resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
      confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
      A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
      The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
        ... Fifth was using Sam's feelings and memories when he made RC, so I guess I have to accept the fact that when push comes to shove, she doesn't give a **** about Daniel (and I'm sure if Teal'c had been in the dream, he would have gotten blasted away too without a second thought)...
        I understand your frustration. Based on what I've been reading, it does seem like she was a little too quick to shoot Daniel, and, though I'm a shipper, I'd like to think that RepliCarter would have some strong residual feelings for Daniel and Teal'c that would keep her from annihilating them... To be honest, I think the writers made that so incredibly pronounced to suggest ship to those who are unfamiliar with the ship arc (yes, it's a story arc, and no one can tell me any different - sorry ), but that's just me.

In the world of SG-1, as a team, as a group of friends, and as a family, I would also like to think that Sam would treat all three of the guys equally...
        *Shrugs*

RepliCarter, on the other hand, while evil, may have a harder time reconciling strong brotherly feelings of love and the other... kind...

Does that make sense?

Probably not.

Comment

Originally posted by Chlex
          Then again it might have had something to do with Sam's feelings for Jack and she just... couldn't... do it.
          Repeat my earlier rant.
          Anyway, ship was definitely not the most important thing in this eppy. Amanda Tapping did such an amazing job!
          You can't imagine exactly to what degree I hate the ship. Even as a blink and you'll miss it, it's too much for me. Unless I just happened to blink! But, I'm not saying that has any bearing on AT's acting.

The whole 'mistake' thing was neccessary though. If the Replicators could be destroyed so easily then they'd be pretty pathetic. Now of course, they're the most eeevil creatures in the universe! Gotta love this idea.
          Couldn't they have found a better way to do it? One that didn't compromise the intelligence of Sam?

To be honest, I think the writers made that so incredibly pronounced to suggest ship to those who are unfamiliar with the ship arc
          If that's the case, then a little word of advice to them. Please, please, please, never try your hands at romantic comedy or romantic drama. A dark parody of a romance? Maybe. A tragic tale of how selfish desire disguised as love could destroy people? Be my guest. It could make a great story. But, I just don't think straight romance is their forte.
          Last edited by Dani347; 15 December 2004, 10:08 AM.
          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Well, a good ep where TPTB put replicators back in game. SO maybe no more Human vs. Goauld but live beings agaist machines in S9??
            "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

yeh that made sense, interesting way of thinking off it.

anyone else notice the ammount of star trek references they keep slapping in
              sigpic

Comment

Yay, SG-1 is back! And here's

PIGGY'S USELESS OPINION
                of 'Gemini'

Not bad. I guess it probably didn't come as a surprise to anyone that Replicarter wasn't the goodie-goodie she pretended to be, but I didn't expect that she was double-crossing Fifth as well. And now he's dead! Really didn't see that one coming.

Of course, now we're back to square one with the replicators. They're on the loose, and we have no way of stopping them. Only now they're in our galaxy and led by Replicarter. Yikes! I hope the writers do have a plan for dealing with them later on. We can't have the series end with the replicators hell-bent on universal domination, can we?

Random observations!
                - What happened to Daniel after the teaser? Does he go to Atlantis or not? And what ship were they planning on using to get there (notice they never did mention a name!)?
                - By the way, this is the first mention of Atlantis on SG-1 since 'Stargate Atlantis' began. Woohoo, tie-in!
                - This is the first time this season that I've seen the full end credits. The end credits theme has been severely shortened since last season, it's now as short as the Atlantis end credits theme (which is ~23 seconds long).
                - Executive Producers Joe & Paul? When did this happen? Do their credit at the end mean they're show-runners now?
                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                  yeh that made sense, interesting way of thinking off it.

anyone else notice the ammount of star trek references they keep slapping in
                  Yeah, it's actually kinda getting annoying (except for McKay's line on Atlantis's Sanctuary when he says Oh my God, he is Kirk, referring to Sheppard. Hilarious!). The whole sub-space link was a complete steal from The Borg, then again the Replicators have always been a little similar to the Borg, well until Voyager made the Borg easily beatable. Hopefully that won't happen with the Replicators, and it looks like it won't !

Comment

*Eyes glaze over at the abundance of Star Trek references.* Ha... I have no idea what you guys are talking about, but I trust you.

I guess Joe and Paul have been slowly making their way up the ladder (though it's a short and elite ladder these days), and now are "show-runners."

Interesting development... and timing... Hmmm... I guess we'll see how that pans out for the next season(s).

Oh and, by the way, does anyone have any transcripts?
                    Heh heh... Sorry. I couldn't resist.

Comment

thje referecnes do get annoying at times but most of funny like oneill wanting to name 303 enterprise
                      sigpic

Comment

I realize that they had to make the Replicators a threat again and I'm glad they made Replicarter a little more layered then being just a copy of Sam but did they have to do it at the expense of Sam's intelligence and professionalism? I realize that they're human and that people make mistakes but this mistake was sooo glaring. And everyone could see it but her. And I blame Jack too for letting it go as long as he did. And the bit with Replicarter being "conditioned" by Fifth galls me to no end. I don't for a second believe that Sam would put Jack ahead of her teammates, especially not so glibly but the way it was presented sure makes it look that way.

The only good thing that may come from Sam's, well there's just no other way to say it, incompetance is that maybe we'll get to see Sam learn and grow from her mistake. Maybe this will turn her into more of a seasoned leader. I hope.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Nothing I've read excuses Sam's idiocy.

She wanted to trust Replicarter? Of course, who wouldn't want to believe something modelled on themself would be Good. No error there.

She thought Replicarter's tale was credible? Well fair enough, it was credible, and RC designed it to be credible. No error there.

But she put so much faith in RC that she'd hand over the schematics to the weapon and practically give her full access to the alphasite computers? Idiot. However much she might want to trust the Replicator she has *no right* to gamble Earth's security on the chance that a Replicator (created and tutored by an amoral power-mad replicator) might not be lying. No right at all. No one has the right to gamble Earth's security on a whim like that.

She's got no right to believe a word that the RC says. Any Replicator can... replicate. She was there when Reese nearly took over hte SGC, and RC was always going to be more powerful, cunning and knowledgeable than Reese.

RC claims to have Carter's memories? Believe it, Sam, because that is a worst case scenario. RC claims to have Carter's exact feelings? Oh please! Fifth was slightly more likely to build a Carter that would want to support him than one that was truly imbued with the feelings of the original, surely. Fifth may be trusting but he's not an idiot. Unlike Carter.

AAAARGH. She told a replicator how to defeat the anti-replicator gun. She's an idiot.

Madeleine

Comment

Yeah, Madeline, I really agree with you here. I felt really down at the end of the ep, because Sam's character has, imo, had quite a tough season. I feel like she's being dragged through the mud on a personal and professional level.
                            It feels less like character development than character destruction.
                            Still, I did like this ep!

Comment

I've felt that she's been doing okay for the first half of the season, although we haven't really seen her in command yet and I think we should. This one came as a real surprise cos if there's one thing I can trust TPTB to get right it's making Sam not be an idiot when it comes to matters of planetary security.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                                Nothing I've read excuses Sam's idiocy.

She wanted to trust Replicarter? Of course, who wouldn't want to believe something modelled on themself would be Good. No error there.

She thought Replicarter's tale was credible? Well fair enough, it was credible, and RC designed it to be credible. No error there.

But she put so much faith in RC that she'd hand over the schematics to the weapon and practically give her full access to the alphasite computers? Idiot. However much she might want to trust the Replicator she has *no right* to gamble Earth's security on the chance that a Replicator (created and tutored by an amoral power-mad replicator) might not be lying. No right at all. No one has the right to gamble Earth's security on a whim like that.

She's got no right to believe a word that the RC says. Any Replicator can... replicate. She was there when Reese nearly took over hte SGC, and RC was always going to be more powerful, cunning and knowledgeable than Reese.

RC claims to have Carter's memories? Believe it, Sam, because that is a worst case scenario. RC claims to have Carter's exact feelings? Oh please! Fifth was slightly more likely to build a Carter that would want to support him than one that was truly imbued with the feelings of the original, surely. Fifth may be trusting but he's not an idiot. Unlike Carter.

AAAARGH. She told a replicator how to defeat the anti-replicator gun. She's an idiot.
                                I agree, it also pissed me off that Jack simply didn't end it, he just went along with Carter. Then at the end he was like it's not your fault, IT WAS HER FAULT, HELLO!! All Jack wanted was to try and get some info. out of her, which was fine, but then show her every bit of information on the new weapon was ridiculois. Also, this has been mentioned but why didn't Replicarter simply blow up the Alpha Site after leaving. Also she should have been able to throw Teal'c away at the end easily, Teal'c wouldn't have been able to hold her that long, therefore they shouldn't have had the new Replicator blocks. Finally, I thought the blocks making up the Human Replicators were microscopic, so how could they be picked up like that?

Comment

Working...
                                X