Gemini (811)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A pretty good ep.

AT showed some great acting skills in this ep.

Sam got fooled by RepliSam big time.
    sigpic

Comment

My LiveJournal post

Goodbye Fifth.
      "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
      "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
      "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
      "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
      >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Great episode, always like the ones with twins of characters. Brings out the best or worst in characters being faced by doubles, fun stuff! Here Sam makes one big mistake, how can you trust your own thinking after being faced with Replicarter! AT was superb in this episode, giving us interesting variations on Sam's character in both versions! Always felt sorry for her being fooled by Replicarter, I kept thinking, 'can't you see what she's doing', everyone else did?! That's what made it worse for her when it all went south.

Comment

Another ep of SG1...

1. I don't need my own double to not trust my own thinking sometimes.

2. Having said that I had forgotten that Sam was about to let Replicarter go to Earth...bleeping hell!

3. Those tanktops weren't regulation but they also were just on Replicarter.

Annoying ep but a good one.
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I disagree with what Jack said. This whole thing of the Replicators being immune to the Ancient weapon is Sam's fault. She was the one who was gulible enough to actually believe in RepliCarter. And that naive nature of actually trusting a Replicator that made them stronger then before was her fault. Intentions or emotions besides Sam's actions of trying to find a "cipher" beccause she believed RepliCarter made her learn a weakness in the disrupter. Her actions alone makes her responsible. And that is why I do not like this episode. Sam just seems so stupid and naive in trusting of RepliCarter I am yelling at the TV screen because of her stupidity
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              I disagree with what Jack said. This whole thing of the Replicators being immune to the Ancient weapon is Sam's fault. She was the one who was gulible enough to actually believe in RepliCarter. And that naive nature of actually trusting a Replicator that made them stronger then before was her fault. Intentions or emotions besides Sam's actions of trying to find a "cipher" beccause she believed RepliCarter made her learn a weakness in the disrupter. Her actions alone makes her responsible. And that is why I do not like this episode. Sam just seems so stupid and naive in trusting of RepliCarter I am yelling at the TV screen because of her stupidity
              Oh totally - my take was a tweensy bit different. I took it as more ego, less naivete, by denying to herself that she, and thus any replica of herself, was capable of having a have a dark side. I liked that fallibility in the her. I love, love, love SC - but she can be a "goody two shoes"; now she is seduced by herself. And now she feels stupid, recovering from her egotistical, misplaced trust in herself. I liked that, although it made me squirm.

Comment

Earth has Asgard hyperdrives now. Woo hoo!

Teal'c and Carter both wear sleeveless black shirts in the SGC control room. Ha. So much for military decorum under General O'Neill.

Great acting from AT with the differences between Carter and RepliCarter.

This must be near the top of the list of SG-1's worst frack ups of all time.

Comment

This is on my list of "watched only once, won't watch again" I'm afraid...

So I didn't watch it on the rewatch...
                  Last edited by discodiva; 16 April 2012, 01:19 PM.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                  MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

I liked this episode. When I was watching it, of course it was quite clear to me RC must have a hidden agenda. The thing is, I also expected Sam (sg-1) to have one.. I couldn't believe that RC would just be allowed to access the computers or the alfa-site for that matter...

I understand why Sam would trust RC, having been victim of torture by the fifth herself, it wasn't so surprising she would believe that RC wanted to die after such experience. But I don't see it as a complete mistake to let Sam interact with RC. After all, on one hand RC could very easily manipulate Sam, but one could also expect Sam would be in a unique position to notice the manipulation.. This time it just didn't happen.

When RC showed Sam what Fifth had done to her, making her shoot members of SG-1... I didn't see as if Sam would just shoot Daniel without hesitation (of course she wouldn't) and only hesitate when asked to shoot Jack. I think the reason for RC showing it like that was to show just how much the same she was with Sam (supposedly) it was part of her deception. She wanted to show that even she has the same feelings for Jack Sam has. It makes RC seem more human, that she is capable of such feelings.

On the comments here many people seem annoyed that Jack told Sam it wasn't her fault, when it obviously was.. I don't disagree that she made a mistake.. But I also don't think it was wrong of Jack to say what he did... Sam was feeling deeply guilty for her mistake (which is understandable). But that guilt could have been dangerous in the long run. Sam often saves the day with completely new ideas.. It would be very harmful, if she started to doubt herself when she's expected to save the world the next time. Her guilt could easily have affected her in a way that would make her question herself. So even if the guilt doesn't disappear by Jack saying it's not her fault, it's important that he says it. (IMHO)

I thought Amanda was brilliant in this episode!

Comment

Originally posted by Starry Starry Night View Post
                      I thought Amanda was brilliant in this episode!
                      Tapping's different affect for Sam vs. RC is impressive. I think it improves, too, in later episodes.

Comment

I liked this episode and thought AT did a great job. I called the double play but didn't catch the the triple play so I wasn't surprised she took out 5th but was surprised she made herself the new big bad.

The one thing I thought was odd was Robot Carter coming back through the gate to release her arm. I thought the gate only went in one direction so you couldn't come back. Maybe that is only if you go all the way through. However, I just watched a episode of SGA where a ship got stuck in a gate and they made it a point to state they couldn't back the ship out.

Comment

Really nice ep. It is one of the few eps that completely beyond my anticipation. Even when the replicator Sam turned against the fifth, I still thought her intention was to destroy the whole replicators... Her ambition is a nice twist, never put Sam in a bad guy's shoes, even for the replicator Sam.

Comment

Recently re-watched the series and was surprised to see the criticism targeted toward Sam in this episode. I thought the episode was great and worked well with her character. Yes, Sam was fooled. A huge blunder. She's smarter than that, has been the entire series, However, it makes sense how she could be taken advantage of in this episode.

Sam felt responsible for the current state of the Replicators. Betraying Fifth weighed heavily on her. Sam also was exposed to the human side Fifth - albeit a warped, damaged human side. He may have been sadistic and cruel, but he was also vulnerable and immature. The Replicators could possess humanity. We'd seen it. Sam also knew Fifth's feelings for her. An infatuation so deep he made a robot clone.

When Sam was confronted with a Replicator version of herself, she'd have known the types of horrors Fifth would have committed upon her. Imo, Replicator Carter was by default, a sympathetic character in the eyes of Sam. And Replicator Carter herself, knew exactly how to play Sam. Season 8 Sam is also more confident and relaxed than she was at the start of the series. She feels more comfortable making decisions. That too played into Sam's mistake.

With all of the above considered, I think Sam's trust was understandable, and I don't think this episode hurts her character in any way.

Also, I don't fault Jack and Teal'c for not chastising Sam at the end. She's not dumb; she's not a babe in the woods. Sam knew exactly how egregious of an error she'd made. I'm sure it haunted her till the moment the Replicators were finally vanquished. Jack and Teal'c knew Sam well and knew they didn't need to pile on.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
                              I liked this episode and thought AT did a great job. I called the double play but didn't catch the the triple play so I wasn't surprised she took out 5th but was surprised she made herself the new big bad.

The one thing I thought was odd was Robot Carter coming back through the gate to release her arm. I thought the gate only went in one direction so you couldn't come back. Maybe that is only if you go all the way through. However, I just watched a episode of SGA where a ship got stuck in a gate and they made it a point to state they couldn't back the ship out.
                              I know I'm replying to an old post, but I was also surprised by the evil Replicarter twist. Nice.

With regard to getting out of the wormhole, she wasn't all the way through, so I guess she was able to pull herself back out with her arm somehow. (I mean, that seems a bit dubious, but eh. It just didn't look like Teal'c was pulling at that particular moment.) In the SGA episode they pull Ford back out by his arm. If Replicarter were all the way through, they wouldn't have been able to grab ahold of anything, as her entire body would have been demolecularized.

...Right? Maybe? I read somewhere here about a buffer system for the gate and safety measures that would ensure that matter was all the way through the event horizon before breaking down. If someone's arm were still showing, does that mean you'd be able to grab the rest of them that had already passed through?
                              rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Yes, strange. The whole ep was strange for me, not bad but not fantastic either. AT was great but the plot didn't grasp me if you know what I mean. Maybe it's due to the fact that I really do not like the replicators in which form whatever.
                                CARPE DIEM
                                ANJA

Comment

Working...
                                X