Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Gemini (811)

Default Re: Gemini (811)

yeh that made sense, interesting way of thinking off it.

anyone else notice the ammount of star trek references they keep slapping in

Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Yay, SG-1 is back! And here's

PIGGY'S USELESS OPINION
    of 'Gemini'

Not bad. I guess it probably didn't come as a surprise to anyone that Replicarter wasn't the goodie-goodie she pretended to be, but I didn't expect that she was double-crossing Fifth as well. And now he's dead! Really didn't see that one coming.

Of course, now we're back to square one with the replicators. They're on the loose, and we have no way of stopping them. Only now they're in our galaxy and led by Replicarter. Yikes! I hope the writers do have a plan for dealing with them later on. We can't have the series end with the replicators hell-bent on universal domination, can we?

Random observations!
    - What happened to Daniel after the teaser? Does he go to Atlantis or not? And what ship were they planning on using to get there (notice they never did mention a name!)?
    - By the way, this is the first mention of Atlantis on SG-1 since 'Stargate Atlantis' began. Woohoo, tie-in!
    - This is the first time this season that I've seen the full end credits. The end credits theme has been severely shortened since last season, it's now as short as the Atlantis end credits theme (which is ~23 seconds long).
    - Executive Producers Joe & Paul? When did this happen? Do their credit at the end mean they're show-runners now?

Chevron Re: Gemini (811)

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Anubis Guard
    yeh that made sense, interesting way of thinking off it.

anyone else notice the ammount of star trek references they keep slapping in
    Yeah, it's actually kinda getting annoying (except for McKay's line on Atlantis's Sanctuary when he says Oh my God, he is Kirk, referring to Sheppard. Hilarious!). The whole sub-space link was a complete steal from The Borg, then again the Replicators have always been a little similar to the Borg, well until Voyager made the Borg easily beatable. Hopefully that won't happen with the Replicators, and it looks like it won't !

Cool Re: Gemini (811)

*Eyes glaze over at the abundance of Star Trek references.* Ha... I have no idea what you guys are talking about, but I trust you.

I guess Joe and Paul have been slowly making their way up the ladder (though it's a short and elite ladder these days), and now are "show-runners."

Interesting development... and timing... Hmmm... I guess we'll see how that pans out for the next season(s).

Oh and, by the way, does anyone have any transcripts?
    Heh heh... Sorry. I couldn't resist.

thje referecnes do get annoying at times but most of funny like oneill wanting to name 303 enterprise

Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Intergalactic Hussy
    (Moderator Emeritus)
    I don't know but the view sure looks nice

I realize that they had to make the Replicators a threat again and I'm glad they made Replicarter a little more layered then being just a copy of Sam but did they have to do it at the expense of Sam's intelligence and professionalism? I realize that they're human and that people make mistakes but this mistake was sooo glaring. And everyone could see it but her. And I blame Jack too for letting it go as long as he did. And the bit with Replicarter being "conditioned" by Fifth galls me to no end. I don't for a second believe that Sam would put Jack ahead of her teammates, especially not so glibly but the way it was presented sure makes it look that way.

The only good thing that may come from Sam's, well there's just no other way to say it, incompetance is that maybe we'll get to see Sam learn and grow from her mistake. Maybe this will turn her into more of a seasoned leader. I hope.

Nothing I've read excuses Sam's idiocy.

She wanted to trust Replicarter? Of course, who wouldn't want to believe something modelled on themself would be Good. No error there.

She thought Replicarter's tale was credible? Well fair enough, it was credible, and RC designed it to be credible. No error there.

But she put so much faith in RC that she'd hand over the schematics to the weapon and practically give her full access to the alphasite computers? Idiot. However much she might want to trust the Replicator she has *no right* to gamble Earth's security on the chance that a Replicator (created and tutored by an amoral power-mad replicator) might not be lying. No right at all. No one has the right to gamble Earth's security on a whim like that.

She's got no right to believe a word that the RC says. Any Replicator can... replicate. She was there when Reese nearly took over hte SGC, and RC was always going to be more powerful, cunning and knowledgeable than Reese.

RC claims to have Carter's memories? Believe it, Sam, because that is a worst case scenario. RC claims to have Carter's exact feelings? Oh please! Fifth was slightly more likely to build a Carter that would want to support him than one that was truly imbued with the feelings of the original, surely. Fifth may be trusting but he's not an idiot. Unlike Carter.

AAAARGH. She told a replicator how to defeat the anti-replicator gun. She's an idiot.

Madeleine

Yeah, Madeline, I really agree with you here. I felt really down at the end of the ep, because Sam's character has, imo, had quite a tough season. I feel like she's being dragged through the mud on a personal and professional level.
    It feels less like character development than character destruction.
    Still, I did like this ep!

I've felt that she's been doing okay for the first half of the season, although we haven't really seen her in command yet and I think we should. This one came as a real surprise cos if there's one thing I can trust TPTB to get right it's making Sam not be an idiot when it comes to matters of planetary security.

Madeleine

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine_W
    Nothing I've read excuses Sam's idiocy.

She wanted to trust Replicarter? Of course, who wouldn't want to believe something modelled on themself would be Good. No error there.

She thought Replicarter's tale was credible? Well fair enough, it was credible, and RC designed it to be credible. No error there.

But she put so much faith in RC that she'd hand over the schematics to the weapon and practically give her full access to the alphasite computers? Idiot. However much she might want to trust the Replicator she has *no right* to gamble Earth's security on the chance that a Replicator (created and tutored by an amoral power-mad replicator) might not be lying. No right at all. No one has the right to gamble Earth's security on a whim like that.

She's got no right to believe a word that the RC says. Any Replicator can... replicate. She was there when Reese nearly took over hte SGC, and RC was always going to be more powerful, cunning and knowledgeable than Reese.

RC claims to have Carter's memories? Believe it, Sam, because that is a worst case scenario. RC claims to have Carter's exact feelings? Oh please! Fifth was slightly more likely to build a Carter that would want to support him than one that was truly imbued with the feelings of the original, surely. Fifth may be trusting but he's not an idiot. Unlike Carter.

AAAARGH. She told a replicator how to defeat the anti-replicator gun. She's an idiot.
    I agree, it also pissed me off that Jack simply didn't end it, he just went along with Carter. Then at the end he was like it's not your fault, IT WAS HER FAULT, HELLO!! All Jack wanted was to try and get some info. out of her, which was fine, but then show her every bit of information on the new weapon was ridiculois. Also, this has been mentioned but why didn't Replicarter simply blow up the Alpha Site after leaving. Also she should have been able to throw Teal'c away at the end easily, Teal'c wouldn't have been able to hold her that long, therefore they shouldn't have had the new Replicator blocks. Finally, I thought the blocks making up the Human Replicators were microscopic, so how could they be picked up like that?

I really didn't think Sam was being stupid in this episode. I mean, think about it, Replicarter came to her telling her she wanted to die. She practically begged Teal'c to kill her. That's pretty convincing, if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugly Pig
    I really didn't think Sam was being stupid in this episode. I mean, think about it, Replicarter came to her telling her she wanted to die. She practically begged Teal'c to kill her. That's pretty convincing, if you ask me.
    She was stupid for showing a Replicator the schematics for the weapon. Everything before that I understand, but I thought that was sheer stupidity. It is nice to see that Carter isn't perfect once in a while, sometimes it seems that way. Too bad Teal'c didn't simply kill her, then the weapon would still be effective!

Yeah... I'm totally experiencing this ep vicariously through you guys, but from what I've read, all of your annoyance/anger/confusion seems justified.

Just one question: Wasn't there a line at the end of the ep, where Sam said something like, "The fact is, she learned betrayal from Fifth, and he learned it from me?"

It sounds like a lot of people are right in the sense that she's gonna have a LOT to think about when it comes to how her actions helped RepliCarter gain control.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyse
    Too bad Teal'c didn't simply kill her, then the weapon would still be effective!
    ROTFL!! It could have been like the Indiana Jones thing with the ninja waving the knives around and Indy just calmly shoots him. No muss, no fuss, and made for a great scene.
    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Quote Originally Posted by Vyse
    I agree, it also pissed me off that Jack simply didn't end it, he just went along with Carter. Then at the end he was like it's not your fault, IT WAS HER FAULT, HELLO!! All Jack wanted was to try and get some info. out of her, which was fine, but then show her every bit of information on the new weapon was ridiculois. Also, this has been mentioned but why didn't Replicarter simply blow up the Alpha Site after leaving...
    So it's Sam's AND Jack's fault?

Quote Originally Posted by Dani347
    ROTFL!! It could have been like the Indiana Jones thing with the ninja waving the knives around and Indy just calmly shoots him. No muss, no fuss, and made for a great scene.
    lol, exactly !

Quote Originally Posted by the dancer of spaz
    So it's Sam's AND Jack's fault?
    Yeah it really was both their faults. I just hated that line, it should have been something like we all screw up sometimes.

Just one question: Wasn't there a line at the end of the ep, where Sam said something like, "The fact is, she learned betrayal from Fifth, and he learned it from me?"

It sounds like a lot of people are right in the sense that she's gonna have a LOT to think about when it comes to how her actions helped RepliCarter gain control.
    I have problems with that, too. I mean, okay, maybe Fifth did learn betrayal from her before, but the replicators have always been their enemy. It was her actions in this episode that made it her fault, and didn't they just gloss over that?

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Quote Originally Posted by Dani347
    I have problems with that, too. I mean, okay, maybe Fifth did learn betrayal from her before, but the replicators have always been their enemy. It was her actions in this episode that made it her fault, and didn't they just gloss over that?
    Hmmm... I don't know if I agree with that. RepliCarter was who she was BEFORE she came to Earth. Sam's actions seemed to hasten RepliCarter's plan, but she came to Earth with the agenda and the plan to manipulate. Carter can't control that. The result may be their faults (all of their faults, if you ask me), but RepliCarter's motives were because of Fifth.

Hmmm... I don't know if I agree with that. RepliCarter was who she was BEFORE she came to Earth. Sam's actions seemed to hasten RepliCarter's plan, but she came to Earth with the agenda and the plan to manipulate. Carter can't control that. The result may be their faults (all of their faults, if you ask me), but RepliCarter's motives were because of Fifth.
    Well, I did say that the replicators have always been their enemy. But, if someone came up to me with an agenda to shoot me, and I hand them a gun, it's my fault. Doesn't matter that they had the idea before. I'm not saying RC's motives are Sam's fault, but the fact that they lost the weapon against them is absolutely Sam's fault. She's the one who have RC access! And, she shouldn't be told that she didn't do anything wrong. She did something wrong.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast