The Gift (118)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 9-Chevron
    The conversation about the wraith's creation dont fit the plot on episode 1 is clear that the wraith was there as they are now here is wat the lady hologram said :"Then one day our people step foot on a dark world where a terrible enemy slept. Never before had we encountered beings with powers that rivaled our own"
    saying that this enemy was already there as it is
    Chev,

A "dark world" is not the equivalent of saying a "dark galaxy". It is very likely, that the "dark world" where the Ancients encountered the Wraith, was the world where the bug-man evolved. When the ancients set foot on that world, they encountered the sleeping enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by corn
      The only way i can see this episode making sense is if the ancients left the galaxy and then returned. Otherwise why would the wraith have been asleep, unless they wiped out all their food source and needed it to be replenished. I dont think that would have been allowed to happen, after watching sanctuary.

Also, why would the wriath just let Taylas ancestors go and breed instead of just killing them if they posed sucha threat.
      The galaxy's a big place and it's likely the Ancients were relatively few in number. Besides, they don't seem like the micro-managing type. They seed the habitable planets with human life and let them develop on their own.

I also don't think we've been told the entire story of the Wraith origins.

As for Teyla's ancestors, the Wraith didn't know any had survived since they had been ostracized from their own villages.
      To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Who cares. The Seige part 1 is next week and I am gonna squeal like a little girl when it airs.
        Lt. Ford to Dr Zelenka: "Is this some sort of payback for me beating up guys like you in high school?"
        - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Hot Zone

Dr. Beckett: "...Mom...I miss you terribly...*breaks down*...I can't do this!"
        - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Letters from Pegasus

Sen. Kinsey: "Do you trust this man?"
        Col. Jack O'Neill: "...No..."
        Mayboune: *shrugs*
        - Stargate SG-1 - Chain Reaction

Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis I love science fiction

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear
          The galaxy's a big place and it's likely the Ancients were relatively few in number. Besides, they don't seem like the micro-managing type. They seed the habitable planets with human life and let them develop on their own.

I also don't think we've been told the entire story of the Wraith origins.

As for Teyla's ancestors, the Wraith didn't know any had survived since they had been ostracized from their own villages.

I meant why did the scientist wraith let the initial humans with the wraith gene leave without just killing them. Its very unwraith like.

The seeded humans seem to all know how to use the stargate. Once these humans began being attacked on mass, the stories of the wraith would have spread across the galaxy and eventually the ancients must have found out about their existence. Also, i always assumed the wraith slept because their food ran out or would run out. So unless they ate all the people in the galaxy they would have kept eating meaning eventually everyone would know of them before they had their sleep and so their existence wouldnt be a surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
            I too had figured that the Wraith pre-dated the Ancients' arrival in Pegasus. As McKay said, it was most likely negligence on the Ancients' part that allowed the Wraith to grow. And the Ancients were arrogant. By the time they recognized the Wraith as a threat, it was already too late.
            Reminds me of the Tollan.

Correct me if I'm wrong but why would the Wraith need the Atlantis gate specifically to dial to Earth? If the Earth humans and the Asgard (always love bringing in the Asgard even on pure speculation) could create their own dialing mechanism that allows 8 addresses, shouldn't the Wraith be capable of doing the same thing? I thought the control module was just a hack to allow the gate to accept 8 addresses and that any other technology could hack a gate aswell.

Comment

Perhaps the Wraith were asleep because by the time they have evolved into Wraith there were no humans on the planet, and thus the Wraith had to feed on animals etc which did not provide enough life force to keep them awake -- i.e. they could barely stay alive/had to always hibernate because of lack of a good food source. And perhaps they were not aware that humans even existed until the ancients came to their planet and awakened them.

Comment

Also, explaining the Wraith origins thing. What if all members of the alliance were evolutionary offshoots of the Ancients prior to Pegasus Ancients. Perhaps the Ancients have even more backhistory than being wiped out by a plague and decided to spread out into Ida, wherever the Nox & Furlings were from, and the Wraith. The Ancient colony that arrives in Pegasus becomes consumed by the insects. The Ancient colony that arrives in Ida is a cult devoted to cloning and becomes the Asgard leading to their current predicament. The Ancients that believe in pacifism become the Nox and the Ancients that believe in never appearing in the universe become the Furlings :-).

The alliance of four races could then be explained because of the common Ancient linkage between the four races against some previous threat to their common ancestor.

If the Ancients existed for a very long time, even evolution should have affected them. If we continue to exist for a long period of time, even our present human form will fade out of existence replaced by something different.

And then a second Ancient colony arrives in Pegasus stumble upon the Wraith-Ancients.

Comment

Originally posted by Calicto
                  I dont like the fact that the Wraith are a cross between Ancient & Bug. That's not fun. But Wraith pschologically connected mind is definitely cool.

Then what happens to the thing that Mela (sp?) said in the Rising Pt. 1 of how they stumbled upon an enemy...
                  I thought they each said it was a theory? Good theory, though. Maybe the Ancients weren't aware of what was happening on that particular planet until hundreds of thousands of years later.

Comment

Originally posted by DetriusXii
                    Reminds me of the Tollan.

Correct me if I'm wrong but why would the Wraith need the Atlantis gate specifically to dial to Earth? If the Earth humans and the Asgard (always love bringing in the Asgard even on pure speculation) could create their own dialing mechanism that allows 8 addresses, shouldn't the Wraith be capable of doing the same thing? I thought the control module was just a hack to allow the gate to accept 8 addresses and that any other technology could hack a gate aswell.
                    I got the impression that they're coming to Atlantis because they don't know where Earth is.

Comment

To everyone about the wraith evolution.

take into account these things:

-The ancients were in the Pegasus Galaxy for A long time (Million/s of years)
                      -The Wraith would have evolved as a direct result to something the ancients did (Intentionally or otherwise, we dont know yet
                      -It is extremly possible that the wraith evolved while the ancients were there. Look at human evolution. It took nowhere near a million years, and the majority of our advancements have come in 100-300 years.

This clearly alot up for me, and makes all the timelines make complete sense

1. 4 Great Races
                      2. Ancents Leave for Pegasus
                      3. Ancients Seed Life in Pegasus
                      4. Wraith evolve without Ancients Knowedge
                      5. Ancients discover wraith oto late
                      6. Wraith defeat the Ancients (sheer numbers)
                      7. Ancients sink city
                      8. Ancients return to earth 10,00 years ago

(i put the alliance beforehand because in the 5th race the asgard say the ancients moved on a millenia ago.. and if the alliance was created after they came back then he wouldnt have said that)

Comment

Now this is how you develop a character!! Please, please make at least one episode of this caliber for Aiden!
                        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Okay, the idea of super-insects and primative Humans evolving to become the Wraith is ridiculous. I can suspend my disbelief as long as anyone else, but this just fundamentally doesn't make sense. Also, the Ancients must have really been phoning it in, asleep at the wheel, etc. if they didn't see the Wraith multiply in number, begin using Humans and Ancients as a food source, rise as a civilization, and develop ships and technology that rivaled the Ancients. Not to mention this doesn't even jive with what the hologram lady said the first two episodes...

Comment

Originally posted by Blend
                            (i put the alliance beforehand because in the 5th race the asgard say the ancients moved on a millenia ago.. and if the alliance was created after they came back then he wouldnt have said that)
                            Not necessarily ...
                            Moved on could mean ascension, or moving on from this realm of being. The alliance was more likely after the return to Earth, as the Asgard probably wouldn't have existed millions of years ago when the Ancients were on Earth (isn't their civilisation only 30,000 years old? That would put them in the right timeline for the alliance ...)

Comment

Originally posted by Animaniac
                              Okay, the idea of super-insects and primative Humans evolving to become the Wraith is ridiculous. I can suspend my disbelief as long as anyone else, but this just fundamentally doesn't make sense. Also, the Ancients must have really been phoning it in, asleep at the wheel, etc. if they didn't see the Wraith multiply in number, begin using Humans and Ancients as a food source, rise as a civilization, and develop ships and technology that rivaled the Ancients. Not to mention this doesn't even jive with what the hologram lady said the first two episodes...
                              I'm not that fond of it either. However,

The entire Wraith Species had to have spent their entire existance (2+ million years) hiding from the Ancients, growing in numbers, and developing technologically.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Positively Kanyon
                                I think the Ancients are only a few million years old, So I doubt they have been around for that long a time...
                                Based on what we know from SG1, It's probably that the ancients are could be as old as 50 million years old.

They only left for Pegasus 5-10 million years ago.

JACKSON
                                : I've figured the ancients packed up their entire city somewhere between five and ten million years ago.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X