No announcement yet.

The Gift (118)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright besides that this was a great storyline we got some good moments.

1. Ford making fun of McKay, but being told to stop by Shepperd. In which Ford responds something like, "So it's alright if you guys make fun of me?"

2. Bates being the stone faced soldier he is puts the possessed Teyla down without hesitation.

3. McKay forgetting which way he's going after Teyla finds out he's dating the shrink.

4. That ******* in the pony tail trying to upstage Weir again. I swear, I want to see either Shepperd or Ford deck him before the Season is out.

As for the origins of the Wraith and Teyla's powers, that was very well done. A lot of exposition, but it beats flashing back.

I'm starting to think that the Wraith are not the threat the Ancients spoke of. I think they were created by the threat, spliced using human DNA and that of those bugs....

Comment

It would seem the Wraith are to the Ancients what the Replicators are to the Asgard... an accidental nemesis that they've unwittingly helped advance. Let's hope our Tau'ri counterparts in Pegasus don't do what we did for the Replicators: make them far worse.

-IMF
      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Just a little thing I noticed about the nightmares,
        Spoiler:
        the Wraith in Teyla's nightmare is infact the Wraith that infiltrates Atlantis in The Siege.

Comment

I have yet to see the ep, but I swear... If the ancient humans really did make the Wraith, I'm going to stop watching because that is too absurdly stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
            I have yet to see the ep, but I swear... If the ancient humans really did make the Wraith, I'm going to stop watching because that is too absurdly stupid.
            Two points:

1. No one has said the Ancients MADE the Wraith. As our information now stands, the Wraith would appear to be an accidental evolution of bug and human.

2. You have yet to see the episode, so making conclusions about something you haven't seen would be illogical. And being upset at these conclusions would be even more illogical.
            To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

I'm very unhappy with the way it's all going. The Siege better be FREAKING good to make up for this piece of crap "plot twist".

Comment

Originally posted by Quetzcoatl
                I'm very unhappy with the way it's all going. The Siege better be FREAKING good to make up for this piece of crap "plot twist".
                Care to share what you didn't like about the "plot twist" and why?
                To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

I guess he has some of the same points I do:

How did they manage to reach a level of technology that was able to defeat the 50 Million years old Ancients?

How did the Ancients manage to not detect the Wraith while they were: Building their vast armada, reproducing like bunnies among other things.

It's unlikely that a race that built a transportation network in two galaxies forgot how to monitor their own science project with the help of observer drones.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear
                    Care to share what you didn't like about the "plot twist" and why?
                    Let's see... I don't like the way the plot twisted.

I'd much prefer it if the Wraith were native to Pegasus, and pre-dated the Ancients by millions of years, and they somehow tied into mythology.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                      I guess he has some of the same points I do:

How did they manage to reach a level of technology that was able to defeat the 50 Million years old Ancients?

How did the Ancients manage to not detect the Wraith while they were: Building their vast armada, reproducing like bunnies among other things.

It's unlikely that a race that built a transportation network in two galaxies forgot how to monitor their own science project with the help of observer drones.

the simple answer based on past episodes is that the wrait learn very fast. If I could find detailed information on using the spoiler tag I'd include details but the chain of hints leading up to this episode is 38 minutes, and The Defiant One. Odds are the wraith had been developing their own technology for a while and the ancients had grown content with their own and it didn't advance much. The ancients were probably there for a few million years before the bugs became the wraith or whatever happened. Think about what real humans on earth have done here in the thousands of years we've been advancing. You could do a heck of a lot in just a million years. Plus the stargates would have given them faster access to technology. The more odd thing is that all their tech is organic. I wonder how they they... grow it?

Comment

learning that the wraith are a hybrid between that bug and the ancients doesn't surprise me at all, that's what I always expected them to be

Good ep, as usual
                        well done RCC

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
                          learning that the wraith are a hybrid between that bug and the ancients doesn't surprise me at all, that's what I always expected them to be
                          That suprises me, because they're not a hybrid between that bug and the Ancients

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha17X
                            the simple answer based on past episodes is that the wrait learn very fast. If I could find detailed information on using the spoiler tag I'd include details but the chain of hints leading up to this episode is 38 minutes, and The Defiant One.
                            Spoiler:
                            When the Wraith picked up the gun and shot at Shep? That was just one example of them "learning quickly". How long did it take for humans to figure out how Wraith stun-guns work?

Comment

Originally posted by Quetzcoatl
                              Spoiler:
                              When the Wraith picked up the gun and shot at Shep? That was just one example of them "learning quickly". How long did it take for humans to figure out how Wraith stun-guns work?
                              Wraith stunners seem to be a click-and-play interface, like zats. A handgun is more complicated to operate.

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                                Wraith stunners seem to be a click-and-play interface, like zats. A handgun is more complicated to operate.
                                A hand gun is still point and click. It requires a lot more maintenance than a Wraith stunner appears to, but the basic concept is the same.

I too had figured that the Wraith pre-dated the Ancients' arrival in Pegasus. As McKay said, it was most likely negligence on the Ancients' part that allowed the Wraith to grow. And the Ancients were arrogant. By the time they recognized the Wraith as a threat, it was already too late.

a time to mourn

Comment

Working...
                                X