The Gift (118)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Calicto
    I dont like the fact that the Wraith are a cross between Ancient & Bug. That's not fun. But Wraith pschologically connected mind is definitely cool.

Then what happens to the thing that Mela (sp?) said in the Rising Pt. 1 of how they stumbled upon an enemy...
    The Ancients were in Pegasus for millions of years. They seeded the planet the Wraith came from with human life, that accidently became the Wraith and eventually the Ancients found their dark enemy sleeping.

Great episode again. Brilliant to see Kavanagh back. I just hope Zelenka and Bates make it through the next two weeks...

Comment

Haven't actually read anyone's report but I have to tell ya. I am so blown away by this episode. I didn't think that that was the case. That makes me even more into Atlantis then ever before. Can't wait to see the Season Finale's.
      Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by queenselqet31
        HOLY And Rodney has a g/f aww. Wonder how long Shep will put up with that.
        Is that true? I thought McKay just made that up to hide the fact that he is seeing a shrink. It wouldn't surprise me that McKay would want the shrink to be his g/f but I don't know if he is that lucky (he did save the day quite a few times on Atlantis). Also, did Weir refer to McKay as "Rod" now and has this happened before?

Anyhow, this was a solid episode, though. It definitely shows the vulnerable sides of Teyla. I also love how Weir got to do some translation and helped out in that way. I just hope that many of the recurring characters get to survive the seige.

Q
        I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

Originally posted by Calicto
          I dont like the fact that the Wraith are a cross between Ancient & Bug. That's not fun. But Wraith pschologically connected mind is definitely cool.

Then what happens to the thing that Mela (sp?) said in the Rising Pt. 1 of how they stumbled upon an enemy...
          The Wraith must have evolved at the outskirt of the Ancients's territory. If they were able to pick up some language maybe they also picked up some technology to accelerate their technological evolution.

Comment

Wraith technological advance have been extremely fast : no stupid altercations like between human (or Ancients) scientists, they have an "hive spirit" which give them the Unique-Think, "yeah guys no contradictions, we must feed".

Some remarks about this episode

1) The great theme of Wise FirstBorn Few UpperHumans (Elves...) against big bad Corrupted GreatBreeding Humans (Orcs, Gobelins...)...

1bis) Wraith are definitely Mordocs...

2) The Wraith stuff became "rationnaly cheap" : now we have a "cheap" explanation for vampire-like humanoïds who cant feed like us and have useless teeths... Maybe the bugs had appeared in Pegasus when the Ancients seeded "basis life" with their machine (hard to explain, my English is to week) : i think the aspirating-life process is too complicated to appear spontaneously, and the bug must have Earth cells because they had DNA. It must be a long-time interaction between life-related technology (Fontain of Youth, Life seeding machine...) and usual Evolution of species...

3) The Telepathical link : sounds like the Replicator one. It's very strange to see a human brain generate enough power to etablish a subspace long range communication... If only Zelenka or other scientist isolates frequency, they could build a noise machine to annoy the Wraith (sending Britney Spears in loops on the Network lol).

4) Rogue Wraith? What the f****! I believed Wraiths were without individualism!
            GOA'ULD: Who are you?
            WRAITH: I am your death!
            GOA'ULD: Don't believe so... I am your God!
            WRAITH: What is a god? Is it eatable?
            GOA'ULD: O_o

Comment

That was a great episode! Plenty of character development for Teyla and also provided a lot of information on the background of the Wraith.

Comment

I really liked that episode. Teyla got to do a lot, Weir got to do a lot, infact everyone got to do alot ('cept Ford, as usual). Lots of stuff going on, and the feeling of dread that's been rising (no pun intended) since The Brotherhood is reaching its peak. Almost makes me want to watch The Siege before watching Mobius Part.

Also, Dr. Heightmyer is hot. We must see her again.

BYE
                "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

Hmm...the genetics and biology of the episode is a little suspect. Not to mention dubious. But i suppose having watched shows like Dark Angel and X-men, we can suspend our disbelief and take at face value that combining genetic elements of different species gives the recipient some of their characteristics. What I'm kinda interested in is the time-line surrounding the evolution of the Wraith. Now, with all the conflicting suppositions as to when the Ancients flew off from Earth, and when they actually arrived in the Pegasus, to the time they started seeding human life (note, while they may be similar, my strong convictions are that the genetics and biology of humans and ancients are still very different despite sharing a large percentage of similarities...even chimps have only a 0.1% difference in genetic composition from us, but look at the physiological and social difference).

I thought it was an interesting episode, but i suppose it'll make more sense in season 2 of Atlantis.
                  McKAY: Well, you wouldn’t know that from this, would you? This might as well say, “Bing tiddle tiddle bong.” It’s complete gibberish!

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty

Turns out the Wraith are from the Ancients (HA! *laughs at all the people who thought otherwise*). A cross between Ancients, and those bugs that attack John in 38 Minutes.
                    Hmm could the clingon( ) have been trying to turn Sheppard into a wraith, or was it just feeding on him? Could be something for the writers to look in to when they run out of ideas, if that ever happens.

The Brane: Bringing the evil, freaking people out, taking their sanity since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Angelique
                      Hmm could the clingon( ) have been trying to turn Sheppard into a wraith, or was it just feeding on him? Could be something for the writers to look in to when they run out of ideas, if that ever happens.
                      Ha ha... ha ha ha

Probably just trying to eat him.

Probably that Wraith that showed up didn't shoot it because it was his first cousin twice removed on his mother's side. He just couldn't kill family

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I just watched the bit again where Teyla goes to Dr. Heightmeyer and meets McKay there and he says, "We're seeing each other". English is not my first language, but doesn't "seeing each other" mean "romantically involved"? Or at least "dating"?

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
                        it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
                        It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
                        And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl
                          I just watched the bit again where Teyla goes to Dr. Heightmeyer and meets McKay there and he says, "We're seeing each other". English is not my first language, but doesn't "seeing each other" mean "romantically involved"? Or at least "dating"?
                          Yup! And that's what made it funny

Speaking of funny...

I loved it when Ford was saying: "a little what? You have a little what?" The look Shep gave him was priceless.
                          Fugly Space Babes: Spork one for Weir!
                          Hussy of Babylon ~ Member of UHM

Comment

Oh, so you think McKay just pretended to be dating Heightmeyer when he really had an appointment? Hee! A very McKay thing to do. And now that you mention it, when he said, "Don't tell anyone", it looked like he was pointing at Kate too. Hmmmm.

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
                            it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
                            It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
                            And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

Yes, it does. if he were seeing her, that would indicate more a professional relationship..

yay! go McKay!

Comment

Yeah, that would mean that they are "romantically involved" but I still think McKay was just trying to hide the fact that he is getting therapy (either b/c he has the sleep deprivation problem and/or the hots for the pyschologist...probably both). The facial expressions of that scene and the lack of interaction between McKay and Dr. Heitmeyer are dead give aways.

Comment

Working...
                                X