This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Body modification

what is your opinion of tattoos piercings or any other types of body modification (ie branding, scarification etc)

also post any pics you have of your tattoos piercings

i don't have a working camera but this is my only tattoo and i have 18 piercings in total

and this is going to be my next one

"What we need now is a tactical retreat. Did you see the episode on Stargate where they found themselves on a planet with a culture based loosely on Earth Athens and Sparta?"

Honestly? I think they're stupid, but each to their own.

Comment

depends what the body mod is................ kangaroo legs would be awesome
      sigpic
      EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
      -Liberty Prime

Comment

not sure about kangaroo legs
        but what about an elephant trunk?

when your eating you could be like "look no hands"
        "What we need now is a tactical retreat. Did you see the episode on Stargate where they found themselves on a planet with a culture based loosely on Earth Athens and Sparta?"

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          Honestly? I think they're stupid, but each to their own.
          That's not your tongue on your avatar is it?
          1 Year 11mths without using the letter U on the thread: ask Morbo anything

Comment

yes. my aunt owns a tattoo parlor
            Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kelt'ar View Post
              That's not your tongue on your avatar is it?
              Nope.

Comment

Personally I don't see the body as a canvas and the colours (no matter which) always fade to green over time. As for piecing, I have one hole in each ear, but it doesn't look right to me when it's on other body parts, particularly the eyebrow and lips because then the earrings really stick out whereas on ears it's more out of the way.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
                  Personally I don't see the body as a canvas and the colours (no matter which) always fade to green over time. As for piecing, I have one hole in each ear, but it doesn't look right to me when it's on other body parts, particularly the eyebrow and lips because then the earrings really stick out whereas on ears it's more out of the way.
                  depends on the person though i have 18 piercings and if you looked at me you;d only see 2
                  all my ear ones are hidden
                  and the visable ones are my 2 lip piercings which my dad did not even notice i had gotten done
                  work experiance for my college course, none have them noticed and your not meant to have them in
                  so it just depends on how well they suite you

Comment

Since body modification is a personal choice for someone, it doesn't bother me. It won't stop me from talking to someone who has them.

I just think the people who pierce their tongues or certain other delicate body parts are nuts. There are potiental long-term health risks associated with those piercings.

I have two holes in one ear, and one in the other ear. I would like to get a third hole in one ear and leave the other ear as one - just to be different and I know most people wouldn't notice.

I don't know of people who do branding or scarification....that one would scare me abit (unless it was a cultural thing) and with tatoos, if someone has to have them I think the smaller ones look nicer and are less distracting. Tatoos tend to look funny as you get older and the skin starts to lose it's lovely texture.
                    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

this is something that alot of people think
                      but there are no real potiental long-term health risks associated with certain piercings at all let
                      as long as you are aren't going to a butcher or likly to suffer from keloid scars (more common in dark asian or black skin) there are no real risks if properly cared for

people who are anti piercings like to preach about choking on tounge bars etc but they will mostly be urban legends

also the thing you mentioned about tattoos yeah my grandad is 80 he got tattoos at 15 an um lets just they they aren't looking to good these days

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
                        ....no they don't. my mom's had the same tatto going on twenty years and it's not faded at all. if you get it done by someone who doesn't know what they're doing, they'll fade, but if you get it done by a skilled artist, it won't fade for a really long time, and it certainly won't turn green.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bee11 View Post
                          also the thing you mentioned about tattoos yeah my grandad is 80 he got tattoos at 15 an um lets just they they aren't looking to good these days
                          well getting a tattoo when you're fifteen isn't the smartest thing you can do. your body is still growing at that point and the tattoo will expand and fade. it's best to wait until you're at least twenty.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bee11 View Post
                            this is something that alot of people think
                            but there are no real potiental long-term health risks associated with certain piercings
                            Actually I would disagree with that just from an observation point of view. The mouth is very dirty, lots of bacteria, food, etc. so you really don't know what affect it can have on long term health especially during the healing process.
                            Abcess left unchecked in the mouth have been linked to causing heart damage in some people so why not a hole in your mouth, especially during the healing process with letting bacteria into the bloodstream having some affect somewhere, somehow, sometime.
                            Not to mention what the object in the mouth can do to your mouth and teeth alignment which can affect digestion in the long run - I got that from my dentist.
                            It's not the piercing, I just think the mouth is a not a smart place to have it done.

As to nipple piercing and genitila piercing, it's not so much a health concern as I would be concerned with the scar tissue and potiental loss of feeling in those areas. I have heard people who have had it done say there is no sensitivity loss and others who say it did diminish sensitivity for them.

at all let
                            as long as you are aren't going to a butcher or likly to suffer from keloid scars (more common in dark asian or black skin) there are no real risks if properly cared for
                            Making sure you have a professional do the piercing is important and taking proper care is important.

Originally posted by Bee11
                            people who are anti piercings like to preach about choking on tounge bars etc but they will mostly be urban legends
                            Yeah, I think you would be more apt to swallow it then chock on it and that would be if you were taking it out or putting it in.

Originally posted by Bee11
                            LOL. At least he has the stories to tell.......
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
                              well getting a tattoo when you're fifteen isn't the smartest thing you can do. your body is still growing at that point and the tattoo will expand and fade. it's best to wait until you're at least twenty.
                              Actually your body is always growing, just not always up and tall, sometimes it is out and wide!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X