Correct me if I'm wrong, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct me if I'm wrong, but...

Wasn't Ronan made a Runner because the Wraith (for some unknown reason) couldn't actually feed on him? This being the case, the fact that he was fed upon in this episode somewhat blows the past thought out of perspective.

Please do feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I am sure this is the case.
    sigpic
    It's Probin' Time!

I think JM answered this in his blog in that he never had an immunity to feeding, just that the Wraith thought he might make a good Runner so they let him loose with a tracking device.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

I was always under the impression that they couldnt feed on him but reading some other threads a lot of people are saying the Wraith just detected his strength and chose not to feed which sounds really lame imo but I guess thats the answer. The shot in Runner where he has a flashback to the Wraith trying to feed on him definately come across to me as the Wraith not being able to feed on him simply by his reaction but I guess you can interpret that scene another way.

Edit: It actually wouldnt surprise me if the writers back-tracked and changed it to it being just about his strength.

Comment

Originally posted by moomin81 View Post
        The shot in Runner where he has a flashback to the Wraith trying to feed on him definately come across to me as the Wraith not being able to feed on him simply by his reaction but I guess you can interpret that scene another way.
        I remember that now, and to be honest, I can only interpret that a single way. That way being, that the Wraith couldn't feed of him. Why would a Wraith turn down the oppertunity to feed on someone so strong? Makes little sense to me.

Looks like they screwed up on this one folks. lol
        sigpic
        It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by cyberash View Post
          I remember that now, and to be honest, I can only interpret that a single way. That way being, that the Wraith couldn't feed of him. Why would a Wraith turn down the oppertunity to feed on someone so strong? Makes little sense to me.

Well partly because:
          Spoiler:
          Ronan was fed upon and given his life back in an attempt to brainwash him. If he was immune, then such a technique wouldnt work so while most people assumed it was because he was immune, I think they just backtracked and retconned it.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

it isn't a screw up, even TPTB aren't that inept (well... at times. ). ronon isn't immune to being fed on, the wraith stopped because he sensed his strength. it's the same reason the wraith in BT makes it a challenge to break him. plus, if ronon was immune, atlantis would have to know by now and probably would've taken advantage of it. that would be a pretty big thing to neglect mentioning.
            Last edited by naamiaiset; 26 July 2008, 03:37 AM.

Comment

It makes more sense than letting someone immune to the feeding process walk straight out of the door.

Comment

Yeah, I think people just (reasonably) read something into the scene that wasn't actually there. It's a logical conclusion to have reached, but it was never even once said explicitly by anyone, anywhere, anytime, so I wouldn't call it an inconsistency.
                Theoretically spoilerish:
                Spoiler:
                Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

It does make me wonder wether the staff here will update the main site entry on Ronan so that instead of saying

Ronon's physiology is unique. Not only can the Wraith apparently not feed on him
                  It just says,
                  Ronon's physiology is unique.

Comment

yeah omnipedia says

"Ronon's physiology is unique. Not only can the Wraith apparently not feed on him, but he also fully recovered from a stunner blast within seconds."

but they cover their back coz it was written ages ago and say "apparently".

in fact (well i think) ronan was just made a runner for sport. people hunt food so do the wraith. runners are jus sport for wraith and ronna was badass enough to make it a good sport.

he's slightly immune to stunners coz he's strong, stubborn, got a high threshold and been shot so many times it doesn't affect him like it once did. takes a few shots. its been like that fora while now, i think even before he joined atlantis.

Comment

"They" is just the people who run this site, they're about as much an official source as you or me.

Comment

He was never immune... I honestly don't see where that idea comes from given that he had a whopping great feeding scar until Rodney healed them in TofR.

From Runner:

Art dept. pic:
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by moomin81 View Post
                          I was always under the impression that they couldnt feed on him but reading some other threads a lot of people are saying the Wraith just detected his strength and chose not to feed which sounds really lame imo but I guess thats the answer. The shot in Runner where he has a flashback to the Wraith trying to feed on him definately come across to me as the Wraith not being able to feed on him simply by his reaction but I guess you can interpret that scene another way.

Edit: It actually wouldnt surprise me if the writers back-tracked and changed it to it being just about his strength.
                          I watched it without any showrunner input and assumed it was that they sensed something in him, that's why they made him a runner.

(Similar to Todd talking about Sheppard's strength in Common Ground and the first Wraith queen talking about Sumner's strength in Rising. They covet the strong willed, and it makes for an excellent personality trait for good prey.)
                          My Livejournal
                          I watched all of the first four seasons of SGA last May. Here are my newbie impressions.

Comment

Because for whatever reason that sect of Wraith liked to hunt Humans and were specifically looking for the strongest and most resilient among them as they make for a greater challenge. How does that make sense? Should they have only picked the weakest Humans to hunt?

Comment

Nah, he's not immune, they had every intention of feeding on him, they were just looking for good sport first. They get easy kills all the time, so I suppose there's something to be said for a challenge. They just underestimated how long it would take to get him.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X