Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Episode.
    Definitely atleast a 7/10.

I liked the personal monologues. I have fallen in love with the Wraith and hopefully, we will produce little Wraith-Calicto babies. They just rock.

I loved the enemy from Chronicles of Riddick and the way that there technology was gas like. And the Wraith have embodied that style in terms of ships.

God. Wraith rock. I loved how swarms of Darts starting flying out everywhere! It was awesome.

I think the white light in the middle was some type of transportation for Wraith warriors to arrive on to the settlement to cull the rest. Culling is pretty awesome.

The Wraith-Teyla thing was nice. Zelenka is my hero.

I cant wait until next Monday and the Monday after that and the Monday after that.

I'm going to say it. I love Atlantis more than SG-1. There.. It's blasphemy, but its true. THeres much more continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaBlu
      Letters From Pegasus is an episode that rivals some of the best Atlantis episodes to date. It is filled to the brim with drama, hilarious comedy (done mostly by McKay, who is at the top of his game in this ep) and lots of character interaction and development. The continuity is spot on (seeing Cavanaugh was a big surprise) and the clips were almost non-existent and usually done in montage form or with a voice-over covering them. They were far from the "cut to this episodes" that we've seen in previous Stargate clips shows.
      Letters from Pegasus is a truly outstanding episode and is far, far more than a simple clips episode.
      Absobloominglutely...
      What a deeply moving episode... it certainly evoked a gamut of emotions from me... from laughter to sympathy to anger to fear. All aspects of the human element was wonderfully contrasted with the Wraith's callous and pervading presence.The emotional depth of the episode was made all the more heartwrenching by both humour and that ever increasing sense of urgency that the Wraith are not too far away. It was ingenious really to juxtapose the humour with that underlying sense of doom.
      I liked the tension between Teyla and Sheppard... it was reminiscent of some of the early Daniel Jackson/Jack O'Neill sparrings. There was an interesting edge to Sheppard in this scenario that reminded us that for all his joviality, when push comes to shove he is a military man at heart (a la Hot Zone). However, that was contrasted again with his much more subdued demeanour at the end of the episode.
      For the first time in the entire season Sgt Bates actually struck a chord with me. His thinly veiled fear of what is to come revealed that personable side of him very effectively.
      Was the ever stoic Elizabeth Weir choking back tears?... I think she was and I liked her the more for it.

Amazing performances all round... I cannot believe how good Atlantis has been so far...
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I am gonna squeel like a little girl when The Seige is aired!!!!!!
        Lt. Ford to Dr Zelenka: "Is this some sort of payback for me beating up guys like you in high school?"
        - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Hot Zone

Dr. Beckett: "...Mom...I miss you terribly...*breaks down*...I can't do this!"
        - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Letters from Pegasus

Sen. Kinsey: "Do you trust this man?"
        Col. Jack O'Neill: "...No..."
        Mayboune: *shrugs*
        - Stargate SG-1 - Chain Reaction

Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis I love science fiction

Comment

Best. Clip Show. Ever.

Let's break it down:

- The comedy!! The asian woman, McKay talking about "leadership", Beckett's "fungus", Zelenka's "security clearance", Kavangahamarama's whining....priceless stuff.

- The action!! The flashbacks were well-placed and they were all excellent. Most importantly, they did NOT detract from the show like many "clip shows" have had in the past.

- The Wraith Armada!! Three raging hive ships (anyone else think they looked like wraith darts on Naquadah-enhanced steroids?), the battle cruiser type deals, and a boatload of darts! I can't WAIT for the freaking SIEGE!

- My thoughts on the Big Blue Wraith Beam of Doom: I immediatly saw it as a "drop point" of sorts, where the darts can deposit their current load of captured humans and then go out for more. Opinions?

Overall, this episode is second only to a few.

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
            Was the ever stoic Elizabeth Weir choking back tears?
            No. The ever expressionless Torri Higginson got some acting lessons

Comment

Originally posted by Gµmmi@nð

How come Elizabeth couldn't tell her boyfriend Simon, about the stuff that has happened? Didn't he recieve security clearance in Rising?
              Pretty sure Simon didn't get his clearence till after she had gone to atlantis. So she has no way of knowing that he saw the tape she made for him

Comment

Still, she could've made the full tape and then presumed that the SGC would do a bit of editing.

Comment

i dunno, it was an ok episode, and i guess somewhere along the lines we had to get a flashback episode, but it just reaked of voyager to me... i mean im certainly glad we're not going to have them stranded forever like voyager, and there was enough new stuff in the episode to keep me engaged. i thought it was funny how amanda tapping's name was in the opening, and she appears for like a minute at the very end of the episode. i saw her name and was jumping up and down thinking she'll make a cool appearance, but its nothing special. i wonder what wouldve happened if we just threw some1 through the gate in the 1.3 seconds... and is it just me or did it seem like the gate was open for a whole lot longer than 1.3 seconds? just my own opinion.
                  Ford: You know we still haven't named the planet yet
                  Sheppard: I'm sure the ancients have a name for it
                  Ford: How about atlantica? Something like that
                  Sheppard: I thought we agreed you were not going to name anything anymore

Comment

Originally posted by kodamawu
                    is it just me or did it seem like the gate was open for a whole lot longer than 1.3 seconds?
                    From the splash (on the SGC's side) to shutdown was about ten seconds. McKay knows his stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Quetzcoatl
                      - My thoughts on the Big Blue Wraith Beam of Doom: I immediatly saw it as a "drop point" of sorts, where the darts can deposit their current load of captured humans and then go out for more. Opinions?

Overall, this episode is second only to a few.
                      That's what I said on page 3!
                      It would seem that the humans have to get up to the hive ships somehow, so why not a big blue beam.

Comment

Originally posted by Quetzcoatl
                        From the splash (on the SGC's side) to shutdown was about ten seconds. McKay knows his stuff
                        Didn't we learn a while back that the dialing gate needs only enough power to create a wormhole and that once the wormhole was established it's power was maintained by the remote gate? I can't remember the episode, but does anyone remember this? Maybe I'm confused

Comment

Well, I must say I really enjoyed everything about this episode. It didnt dissapoint me at all. Then again, I go into an episode with no opinion about it. I watch it, then determine.

This one is going near the top of my favorite episodes list.

And Zelenka is the best! I love his character!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dolmata
                            Didn't we learn a while back that the dialing gate needs only enough power to create a wormhole and that once the wormhole was established it's power was maintained by the remote gate? I can't remember the episode, but does anyone remember this? Maybe I'm confused
                            something like that. lol

Well it doesn't matter. Atlantis rocks, it's the best sci-fi show around. And let's hope it's around for another 9 years.

Comment

As always, superb.

I really want to know what that neat looking bright beam of light was, though.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dolmata
                                Aside from a few inconsistencies in SG-1, it appears that wormholes can be powered from EITHER end. However:

1) The SGC can't generate enough power to sustain an intergalactic wormhole. If they could, they wouldn't need ZPM's so badly.

2) I don't think it works that way in the case of the SGC. It works with a DHD, because they have those fantastic power crystals and a way-beyond-everyone method of delivering the power. It would work with the mist planet from "Home", because the mist is all around the Gate and the Gate is a superconductor. I don't think the Gate would be able to "suck" power from the transformers and other electrical jibjab in the SGC, even if there was enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X