• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gµmmi@nð
    I see, that makes sense, thanks.
    Happy to explain it
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by honzix
      This time I managed to translate it before you, but next time he speaks Czech it's gonna be your turn, ok?
      Where can we non-Czech speakers read this translation?
      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by honzix
        "We have a fail safe mechanism at the bottom of the sea. A huge energy ripped off the anchor of the city from the bottom of the ocean. We were terrified, that´s what we were. It was unbelievable. What´s happening? And the noise, the entire city was shaking, like by an earthquake. It was something unbelievable and suddenly we are moving. The whole city was rising, it was rising up to the sea level. It was unbelievable and the towers broke the water and we went up and up. Waters, waves, waterfalls, everything dripping down from the heights. We climbed up to the very top of it and suddenly there was the sun, just the sun. It shined to all windows. I won´t forget it till my death."
        errr. pie

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
          errr. pie
          Thanks, I guess I breezed right over it.

uhhh. cake
          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

For the people who said what AT said, she said 1 word not 3 words - Sgt. Harriman said "Who's it from" she said "............. Atlantis"

Comment

I think this was an awesome episode. A great deal of quality character moments, and some very nice continuity thrown in for good measure. These are the kind of scenes that make the Stargate's special: they know how to make their people believable and interesting.

-IMF
              "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
              "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
              BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I actually liked this clip episode, but then again it's not really a clip episode is it. Most of those are in one or two rooms with very little or no new CGI/SFX stuff, character developpement or heavy addition to storyline.

This one had all that. My favourite non-comedy part of the episode is
                Spoiler:
                the wraith ships coming out of hyperspace. Each one of those things had three cruisers, and about a hundred darts so basically the attacking force is (approximately):
                3 Hive Ships
                9 Cruisers
                300 Darts
                + who knows how many footsoldiers

I CAN'T WAIT FOR "The Siege"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                sigpic
                In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Oh my god ! Such an amazing episode !!!

David Hewlett is definitely one of the best Stargate Universe actors,
                  and Rodney McKay is once more one of my favorite SG characters !
                  He's so great in the video-cam moments ! He's amazing !
                  Each Atlantis episode makes me a bigger McKay fan !!!
                  He made me LOL and LOL again in this episode !
                  Thanks David Hewlett, you're great !

And I was also LOL when I imagined O'Neill watching the Kavanagh video ...
                  I imagine Jack watching this geek speaking with his proofs against Weir and all ...
                  I'm sure O'Neill will cut the video within the 1st minute !

Comment

They people behind Stargate have gotten really good at making their clip shows significant parts of the storyline. 'Disclosure' and 'Innaguration' were both enjoyable episodes, and didn't rely on too many clips (especially 'Innaguration'), and 'Letters From Pegasus' is another improvment on the formula.

Somebody described it as the "yearly recap before the big battle". Looking at the episodes that are coming, I think there's another line that sums it up nicely: The deep breath before the plunge. Everybody gets a chance to review what they've been through over the last year, and look at the dangers they face ahead with clear eyes.

I don't think Cavanaugh knows General O'Neill very well, if he's going to send his list of complaints to him. The things he mentioned are more likely to endear Dr. Weir to the general.

We finally saw the hive ships! This is the first close shot we've seen of them in action. They're a lot sleeker than I had thought they would be. And with the docked cruisers and who knows how many fighters, they're going to be really nasty to fight. If they took on the Ancients, I'm guessing they could carve their way through the the Milky Way with ease.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                      Wrong!

She said, "It's from Atlantis!"

Wrong - she said only "Atlantis"

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                        Zelenka was hilarious. My mom understood a little bit of what he was saying. It kept on bouncing back and forth between Atlantis rising from the water. He started off saying, "I can't tell you this, but..." and he went on describing everything.
                        Erm, no. Zelenka started right away from "On the bottom of the sea"...

Comment

Any one know how to get screen caps from BSPlayer or Windows Media Player I just want post the pics of Wraith ships for those who want to know.
                          "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

I finally saw the episode! A few things for me:
                            1. Best episode of Atlantis to date!
                            2. Best clip show of SG-1 and Atlantis...amazing the way they did it!
                            3. The culling was just...intense. I could feel the adrenaline rushing, it was amazing yet horrifying to watch.

*sniff* I am a proud man, but i can say that the very end, starting with Major Sheppard's message to Colonel Sumner's family and ending with Colonel Carter recieving the message really got me. *tear* I may have cried a little, especially with everyone saying good-bye and Dr. Weir's message to Simon. I have to say it may be my favorite episode of both series.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                              As I love the Wraith. The first, and only, race so far that knows how you really fight in space. A mothership with 100s of Darts and a few smaller support ships. No wonder the Ancients lost the war, they are fighting a race 100% dedicated to warfare.
                              Yeah I agree.
                              Reminded me of Battlestar Galactica when the human ships were running from the cylons. the way the ships came out of hyperspace were quite similar.
                              The SFX in stargate (both shows) are abolutely stunning and this episode confirmed it. Not only was the SFX brilliant but the music was really touching. i love the ancients/atlantis themed music, it really sends that tingling feeling through my body.

Comment

Zelenka did at some point say, "I can't tell you this, but..."

My mom speaks quite a bit of Czech and Russian and Ukranian (grew up with those languages basically) and she was listening to it and doing a bit of translating.

And I know that I was wrong about 'it's from Atlantis'... I was excited okay? I was typing too fast and such

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                                Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Working...
                                X