• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letters From Pegasus (117)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON ONE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 117

With a brief opportunity to send a data transmission to Earth, members of the Atlantis expedition compose video messages home to their loved ones.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 08:51 PM.

1st post - I'm about to watch this - Thanks for getting this up for us Darren!

Comment

all in all the ep was cool but it was a bit slow-it was a clip/recapping/whatever "Politics" was kind of ep. it was still cool though
      Spoiler:

i was really surprised (and excited)when AT's name showed up in the credits at the beginning-too bad she only had a 3 second part(one line)

are wraith hive ships all that big? what where those smaller ships(the ones bigger than the darts but smaller then the(what i am geussing is) hive ships?-cargo maby?
      MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
      I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

What a great episode!!
        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

So what happened? Details please. I hear Teyla is mad at Shep. What's up?

Comment

Not bad, but not the best :/

Spoiler:

I wish they spent less time on the past episode clips and a little more time with the recieving of the letters buy the SGC.

Comment

Are we allowed to give spoilers out? Or do we have to use that spoiler text?
              "You ended that sentence with a preposition!!" - Jack O'Niell

My DVD Collection

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan
                Spoiler thread. thats why we have this section. spoil away!

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan
                  As long as they are for this episode only, you are more than welcome to. Any other Atlantis episode, or any SG-1 ep in seasons 7+ need spoiler warnings.
                  Rocky

Comment

Well this episode fulfills the yearly stargate tradition: The recap before the big battle.

Mini Summery (this one actually has a plot):
                    The episode begins with the leaders of atlantis (aka: shep, teyla, mccay, weir, ford) meeting to discuss there options. Ford suggests going back to the world from "childhoods end" and taking their ZPM by force. Teyla and Weir freak and shoot it down. McKay saves the day by suggesting sending a short (cough about 5 hours of video) burst of data through to Earth using their existing power systems. They can only sustain the wormhole for 1.3 seconds though.

Examining the data which reveals that the hive ships are using warp but only for short bursts then entering into normal space. Teyla and Shep decide to go check it out (to gather more intel), conviently chosing a planet Teyla recognizes.

While T&S travel we start to see the atlantis teams mini messages to their families. (this at times funnier then you would think - Pay particular attention to McKay and Bekkett)

When T&S arrive on the planet they immediately go in search of a friend of Teyla's family, when found they give them the warning that the wraith will be there soon. Then Teyla tells the family to meet them at the edge of the forest and they will find them and try and bring them to Atlantis.

<ding> "Are you ready to rumble" <ding>

Shep does NOT like this wanting to get the mission done and get out of there. They bicker back to the jumper and go to check out the Hives.

<comment1> These are NASTY - they are about the size of Asgard motherships (see the oneill) but are acompanied by about 100 darts each along with a number of carriers.

T&S continue to argue.. Teyla is NOT a happy camper with Shep. (sorry shippers)

They return to the planet right ahead of the darts/cull. As they approach the gate the wraith open the gate preventing them from returning to Atlantis.

Shep takes the jumper to the place Teyla had told the family to meet them. T&S are still arguing.

They notice that something weird is happening with the cull - there is a really wicked looking blue light thing happening (you just need to see it). Shep jumps ship to check it out - leaving Teyla to wait for him and the family.

We get to see at this point just how good Ancient cloaking is - as a Wraith soldier walks right up to the (open) entrance to the jumper, while Teyla holds her breath.

<comment2> A word about culling - what you saw during the attack on Althos was NOT a cull. This is very different. Picture dozens/hundreds of darts grabbing every human in sight while systematically destroying ALL infrastructure.

Teyla locates a family and invites them into the jumper (its not the family she wanted to pick up). Shep returns slightly after this.

The wraith then shutdown the gate (so S&T can go back to atlantis) but alas Teyla's family friend still hasnt arrived. More bickering - Shep gives it some more time.

The family (finally) arrives, but during the process has invited like 15 more people. As the straglers cross a field towards the cloaked jumper the wraith cull a bunch - then the remaining family enters the jumper.

Teyla is still not a happy girl.

.... back at atlantis ....
                    They discuss what S&T found and send off the message.

.... back at SGC .....

Sam recieves the message and announces "its from atlantis"

FIN

This episode has some pretty funny quotes. My favourite is the 1st interview with Beckett and the (ongoing) interview McKay does for himself.

Beckett: What shall ah say?
                    Ford: Uh...Uh... I miss you... I wish you were here?
                    Beckett: I wish who was here?
                    Ford: Uh.... I dunno who do you wish was here?
                    Beckett: Nobody I wish I wasn't bloody here.
                    Ford: ...... Doc I gotta lotta people I gotta get to.

(err yeah my folks are brits... maybe I just thought it was funny)

Last edited by TOA; 10 January 2005, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha17X
                      Spoiler thread. thats why we have this section. spoil away!
                      Thank you!

I give this episode 2 out of 4. I hate flashback episodes. HATE THEM!! They're filler that's all they are. The stuff Rodney videotaped was pretty funny and the one part where Weir is talking and they play the Atlantis theme with a montage was nice but again, I hate flashback episodes.

As for the other storyline involving Sheppard and Tayla it was interesting but did we ever find out what that beam was? At first I thought it was a particle cannon and it was going to move around and destroy the village but then when Sheppard made that grimmace I thought it was sucking the life out of the planet.

Oh well. I'm glad they got a letter home and I was a bit annoyed that all Amanda Tappings cameo was was just her sitting down and saying one line. Lame.

My DVD Collection

Comment

"I can't tell you this, but..."

Well, they said alot but I can't remember what they all said.

Rodney figures that they can compress enough data to fit into 1.3 seconds (because he figures that they can open a wormhole to Earth for that long). They put in all the mission reports and all the information about Atlantis and the Wraith and such... It takes up 0.3 seconds.

Ford is put in charge of personal messages.

Records messages. He says hi to his grandparents, Beckett to his mom (really funny lol.) Rodney records his message on his own. Uses up a whole tape. It goes through it and he's being all macho for a while. Really funny. Starts talking about Sam, basically then just cuts it down to a nice message to his sister.

Elizabeth does a little message to tell the family's of those who died kind of what happens.

That one pony-tailed guy from 38 Minutes used his time to complain about the leadership to Jack. Stupid guy.

Zelenka was hilarious. My mom understood a little bit of what he was saying. It kept on bouncing back and forth between Atlantis rising from the water. He started off saying, "I can't tell you this, but..." and he went on describing everything.

After he was done talking, Ford asked him if he said anything that would require security clearance. Zelenka looks blankly, "Security clearance?"

Also, they figured out near the beginning that the Wraith are stopping every now and then for snacks. They figure out where they were stopping next and Teyla and John go to see what they're dealing with.

They get there, Teyla makes a promise to this family, John says that if they have time they'll pick them up.

The Wraith show up, dial the gate, Teyla and John are trapped cloaked in the jumper.

They wait for the family, John goes to check out this big beamy thing.

Stupid Teyla left the backdoor open a Wraith footsolider almost walked in. But he walked away not knowing a thing.

Four guys (not the ones they were talking to) show up, then John shows up, says it's time to leave (because the gate shut down). Teyla says to wait longer, and if he wasn't going to wait, she'd stay and wait herself.

John and Teyla and the jumper stay. Eventually the family shows up and a bunch other people, but the Wraith darts show up, start beaming people up. They get a bunch of people, dial the gate and get back to Atlantis.

The finish compiling the messages, John gives his regards to any of Sumners family, the message sends off, and the SGC gets it.

There was this really funny part with this one female scientist talking about 'serving the leader of the science division'. Rodney! So funny.

It's just one of those episodes that gets a bad summary because it was mostly talking. You just gotta see it.

"Leadership." Rodney kept on planning to talk about leadership but never did. He did talk about cats and dogs though... And getting mono in high school from this blonde.

Elizabeth also got a message for Simon, and Beckett got to say hi to his mom without crying lol.

The end...

Damn! Someone already beat me to it...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by TOA
                          Well this episode fulfills the yearly stargate tradition: The recap before the big battle.

Mini Summery (this one actually has a plot):
                          The episode begins with the leaders of atlantis (aka: shep, teyla, mccay, weir, ford) meeting to discuss there options. Ford suggests going back to the world from "childhoods end" and taking their ZPM by force. Teyla and Weir freak and shoot it down. McKay saves the day by suggesting sending a short (cough about 5 hours of video) burst of data through to Earth using their existing power systems. They can only sustain the wormhole for 1.3 seconds though.

Examining the data which reveals that the hive ships are using warp but only for short bursts then entering into normal space. Teyla and Shep decide to go check it out (to gather more intel), conviently chosing a planet Teyla recognizes.

While T&S travel we start to see the atlantis teams mini messages to their families. (this at times funnier then you would think - Pay particular attention to McKay and Bekkett)

When T&S arrive on the planet they immediately go in search of a friend of Teyla's family, when found they give them the warning that the wraith will be there soon. Then Teyla tells the family to meet them at the edge of the forest and they will find them and try and bring them to Atlantis.

<ding> "Are you ready to rumble" <ding>

Shep does NOT like this wanting to get the mission done and get out of there. They bicker back to the jumper and go to check out the Hives.

<comment1> These are NASTY - they are about the size of Asgard motherships (see the oneill) but are acompanied by about 100 darts each along with a number of carriers.

T&S continue to argue.. Teyla is NOT a happy camper with Shep. (sorry shippers)

They return to the planet right ahead of the darts/cull. As they approach the gate the wraith open the gate preventing them from returning to Atlantis.

Shep takes the jumper to the place Teyla had told the family to meet them. T&S are still arguing.

They notice that something weird is happening with the cull - there is a really wicked looking blue light thing happening (you just need to see it). Shep jumps ship to check it out - leaving Teyla to wait for him and the family.

We get to see at this point just how good Ancient cloaking is - as a Wraith soldier walks right up to the (open) entrance to the jumper, while Teyla holds her breath.

<comment2> A word about culling - what you saw during the attack on Althos was NOT a cull. This is very different. Picture dozens/hundreds of darts grabbing every human in sight while systematically destroying ALL infrastructure.

Teyla locates a family and invites them into the jumper (its not the family she wanted to pick up). Shep returns slightly after this.

The wraith then shutdown the gate (so S&T can go back to atlantis) but alas Teyla's family friend still hasnt arrived. More bickering - Shep gives it some more time.

The family (finally) arrives, but during the process has invited like 15 more people. As the straglers cross a field towards the cloaked jumper the wraith cull a bunch - then the remaining family enters the jumper.

Teyla is still not a happy girl.

.... back at atlantis ....
                          They discuss what S&T found and send off the message.

.... back at SGC .....

Sam recieves the message and announces "its from atlantis"

FIN

This episode has some pretty funny quotes. My favourite is the 1st interview with Beckett and the (ongoing) interview McKay does for himself.

Beckett: What shall ah say?
                          Ford: Uh...Uh... I miss you... I wish you were here?
                          Beckett: I wish who was here?
                          Ford: Uh.... I dunno who do you wish was here?
                          Beckett: Nobody I wish I wasn't bloody here.
                          Ford: ...... Doc I gotta lotta people I gotta get to.

(err yeah my folks are brits... maybe I just thought it was funny)

I love you

Comment

whati found kind of stupid was that Rodney spent an entire scene talking about how if the message works then atlantis might not have power and the generators might break down or whatever and then when they finally send the thing, TPTB dont even let us know wether or not they have power (or whatever)
                            the ep just ends(with AT saying "its from Atlantis"-nothing more..... )
                            Last edited by corey2002; 10 January 2005, 06:10 PM.
                            MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
                            I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

Originally posted by corey2002
                              whati found kind of stupid was that Rodney spent an entire scene talking about how if the message works then atlantis might not have power and the generators might break down or whatever and then when they finally send the thing, TPTB dont even let us know wether or not they have power (or whatever)
                              the ep just ends(with AT saying "its from pegasus"-nothing more..... )
                              I'd assume we'll find out in the next episode. IF the power's up and running then it worked!

My DVD Collection

Comment

Working...
                              X