No announcement yet.

Before I Sleep (115)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you to those who took their time to write the summaries. I appreciate the spoilers.

Comment

I didn't really take much time. I probably accidently forgot about a couple things (bad memory I have). I typed it all while it was still fresh in my mind.

The last five minutes of the episode involved ZPMs, ATMs, and Starbucks in the Pegasus galaxy.

... Well, in OUR minds it did lol. We can't go one episode without making fun a bit. My parents were getting a little bored and started saying stuff like, "Just finish the story already!" or "Just die already!"

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I watched it alone, took the time to tape it, AND started typing it.

Thing is, since my tape screwed up before the end, I don't have the Hologram Chick's name.

Ah, and one more bit of info: The Ancients don't call themselves the Ancients. They have a name for their race, but it's not mentionned in the episode.
        Enter my game site...

Comment

Originally posted by Gothann
          I watched it alone, took the time to tape it, AND started typing it.

Thing is, since my tape screwed up before the end, I don't have the Hologram Chick's name.

Ah, and one more bit of info: The Ancients don't call themselves the Ancients. They have a name for their race, but it's not mentionned in the episode.
          I don't think that they actually said her name. Didn't they say her name in Rising? I don't remember lol.

Maybe they like the name the Ancients because it makes they sound much more powerful so they're not gonna tell us. They're probably 'The Bobsises' or something like that. The Ancients sound much more cooler... and older.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
          Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
            I don't think that they actually said her name. Didn't they say her name in Rising? I don't remember lol.

Maybe they like the name the Ancients because it makes they sound much more powerful so they're not gonna tell us. They're probably 'The Bobsises' or something like that. The Ancients sound much more cooler... and older.
            I find "Atlanteans" a fitting name for them... Just suggesting...
            Besides, after all that time on Atlantis (millions of years before they finally find the Wraith) shouldn't they have changed their name?

I mean, our own name seems to have changed somewhat, Homo Sapiens --> Homo Sapiens Sapiens --> Homo --> whatever name it's called in any Latin based language (Humain in french, Human in English, and so on)
            Enter my game site...

Comment

Actually, the scientific nomenclature of our kind (how we classify ourselves using Linnaeus's species naming system invented only a few centuries ago) is still Homo Sapiens/Homo Sapiens Sapiens (of course derived from Latin, since that was still the popular scientific language at the time)... the Romans probably would've simply used Homo or something like that, as they didn't use the formal Linnaean system of classifying species.

Comment

Although true... I guess we should get back on topic ^_^

As for the storyline, I was surprised to see that the time travel wasn't linear, like most time-travel in SG-1 was. To break the timeline like that would mean that Dr. Weir is going to die twice in one universe... Um...
                Enter my game site...

Comment

As for the storyline, I was surprised to see that the time travel wasn't linear, like most time-travel in SG-1 was. To break the timeline like that would mean that Dr. Weir is going to die twice in one universe... Um...
                  Time travel always has issues with paradox, and I'm willing to bet that McKay will have fun sticking it to Carter when they contact with earth. Given that it proves that her theories about time travel paradox were wrong in 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                    Time travel always has issues with paradox, and I'm willing to bet that McKay will have fun sticking it to Carter when they contact with earth. Given that it proves that her theories about time travel paradox were wrong in 1969.
                    Yeah, but notice that in 2010, the note safeguarding SG-1 from the Aschen does break the linear timeline that happens in SG-1, making them return to that note in 2001...
                    Enter my game site...

Comment

So the Atlanteans had powerful warships, transportvessels for 300+ and their planetary explorer-vessels, a.k.a. Puddle Jumper.

That's really cool. Hopefully we'll atleast get some information about them later on. Recorded video of engagements with the Wraith for example. Also design specs and blueprints

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                        All I have to say is.

Wow. That's probably the most original take on time travel I've heard from a television show.
                        Is it? I don't know; Red Dwarf had some pretty unique ways for dealing w/ the concept. ... Oh, alright, yeah, when it comes to American shows, you're absolutely right; Stargate's been the goto franchise for doing the absolute best job w/ various Sci-Fi concepts for close to 10 years now (just compare Stargate's black hole episode w/ Enterprise's black hole episode, and you'll see what I mean).

I mean, our own name seems to have changed somewhat, Homo Sapiens --> Homo Sapiens Sapiens --> Homo --> whatever name it's called in any Latin based language (Humain in french, Human in English, and so on)
                        Yeah, but the name of the Ancients as a species probably wouldn't be much different; as an empire they may not have changed it much, depending on where the name came from. After all, we've had a number of places that've greatly changed their name (Mesopotamia to the various countries of the Middle East), and those that haven't really (Isreal, Egypt, etc.). It all depends exactly on what happened during the Ancients' history. Technically, "they" (i.e. their descendents) don't call themselves the (whatever name was actually used in place of) "Ancients" anymore.

So? Time travel is never exclusively linear, nor is it truly paradoxical; at least not according to the current theories. There's basically an infinite "web" of timelines (called the Quantum Multiverse), and time travel can involve either travel to one of them or looping about your own, depending on your actions (like, say, if you met yourself from the future, you'd still have the choice of whether or not to realize that timeline by travelling to the past at that point in the future); so stories in which SG-1 meets Hammond in the past and fulfill their timeline but later also change the timeline w/ a note are very much allowed according to current leading theories of quantum physics (The Fabric of Reality by David Deutsch explains this far better).

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                        Janus takes his time travel research with him, and I guess Janus makes another time ship on EARTH, thus explaining the whole Mobieus thing going on there.
                        OK, this is why showing Atlantis w/o showing SG-1 concurrently doesn't work out well; I seem to recall Gateworld mentioning something about them finding such a ship in "It's Good to be King". In that case, it doesn't fully explain the Moebius situation, since the ship wasn't actually found on Earth, and I guess it'd make a bit more sense anyway that Janus would go into hiding on another world.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

A good episode (what can I say, I love them all), and informative about the ancients.But, I was disappointed that there wasn't any elaboration about the whole Shep 'sharing himself' with Chaya from the previous episode. They BETTER follow that up soon.

Others have done the summary bit quite well, I'll just nit-pick a little.

A note is found in her sleeve with 5 gate adresses, most of which were already visited before.
                          I'm pretty sure McKay only mentioned that ONE had been visited before. I definitely didn't get the impression that MOST had been visited before. And I presume that the one that had been visited was whatever that planet was from Childhood's End.

The Hologram Lady = Morris (sp?). (Funny, cause I didn't recognize her as such, but I did catch the name. )

The Ancients do have a name...don't they refer to themselves as Atlanteans? That's what I picked up at least from this episode.

Shipper Notes:

I did swoon a bit in that first scene with Weir and Shep on the balcony...definitely a shippy moment! Also, since he was the only one to acknowledge her birthday, it's even more significant. I do think they will be developing this ship very very gradually though, which is good.

I caught a few interesting looks between Teyla and McKay, and thinking back I think I've caught similar looks in previous episodes too. In particular I'm referring to those moments when McKay says something REALLY obnoxious, and then they cut/pan to Teyla giving him a 'tsk, tsk' look. Kinda makes me think she has private talks with him in which she tells him to 'behave'.

Comment

Originally posted by fair_nymph
                            A good episode (what can I say, I love them all), and informative about the ancients.But, I was disappointed that there wasn't any elaboration about the whole Shep 'sharing himself' with Chaya from the previous episode. They BETTER follow that up soon.

Others have done the summary bit quite well, I'll just nit-pick a little.

I'm pretty sure McKay only mentioned that ONE had been visited before. I definitely didn't get the impression that MOST had been visited before. And I presume that the one that had been visited was whatever that planet was from Childhood's End.

The Hologram Lady = Morris (sp?). (Funny, cause I didn't recognize her as such, but I did catch the name. )

The Ancients do have a name...don't they refer to themselves as Atlanteans? That's what I picked up at least from this episode.

Shipper Notes:

I did swoon a bit in that first scene with Weir and Shep on the balcony...definitely a shippy moment! Also, since he was the only one to acknowledge her birthday, it's even more significant. I do think they will be developing this ship very very gradually though, which is good.

I caught a few interesting looks between Teyla and McKay, and thinking back I think I've caught similar looks in previous episodes too. In particular I'm referring to those moments when McKay says something REALLY obnoxious, and then they cut/pan to Teyla giving him a 'tsk, tsk' look. Kinda makes me think she has private talks with him in which she tells him to 'behave'.
                            personally i think he was just being friendly since hes kinda like the 2nd in command of the base so he has to interact with weir a lot, i did kinda see it as maybe being a bit shippy, but after his hot zone fun with teyla, and his sanctuary with athar, i think he already has his hands full. and mckay and teyla, i just dont see that happening...ever... but thats just IMHO
                            Ford: You know we still haven't named the planet yet
                            Sheppard: I'm sure the ancients have a name for it
                            Ford: How about atlantica? Something like that
                            Sheppard: I thought we agreed you were not going to name anything anymore

Comment

it's the first time an actual birthday has been referrenced on the show. granted, teal'c said his was in a while in one episode, but his birthday wasn't in that episode.

they didn't even happen to mention her name, because people reckon she's pushing 50, but i reckon she's only about 35

Comment

I don't really think there is much romantically between McKay and Teyla, but I do think there might be more to their relationship than meets the unobservant eye.

I don't think Shep and Teyla have anything going on (I didn't in Hot Zone either...at least not on Shep's end), and I don't see why Athar/Chaya rules out a home-based Weir ship.

But when it comes to Shep, I will readily admit I am not fully in command of my logical faculties.

Comment

Working...
                                X