Before I Sleep (115)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Janet Fraiser View Post
    How did all of this take place in our universe while the events of 2010 created an alternate universe? At least, that's what the assumption is, right?
    That was also an alternate timeline.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Originally posted by Britta View Post
      That was also an alternate timeline.
      Yeah, but isn't that also an alternate universe? How do two different timelines exist in one universe?

As soon as the note was sent back in time, a new reality was created.

As I mentioned in my last post, I don't know the difference between alternate timelines and alternate universes. I linked the wiki stating that an alternate timeline created an alternate universe, and I haven't been able to find a difference between them online.
      Last edited by Janet Fraiser; 07 August 2015, 09:57 AM.
      rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Originally posted by Janet Fraiser View Post

, and I haven't been able to find a difference between them online.
        There isn't one. An alternate timeline creates an alternate/parallel universe

Comment

Originally posted by pakar View Post
          There isn't one. An alternate timeline creates an alternate/parallel universe
          That's what I thought.
          rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

All this alternative timeline talk is confusing.

I really love this episode. So cool to see Janus and the other ancients. It explains the time machine found in Moebius in SG1, why the wraith overwhelmed the Ancients ( with numbers, not better technology), why they abandoned Atlantis, and why there was a fail-safe in place. I loved seeing the really old Elizabeth as well. I also loved that Sheppard found out when Elizabeth's birthday and gave her a present. I didn't think that it was a romantic gesture, just a thoughtful one.

Comment

Conspiracy theory, Janus and the council leave a time jumper programmed to jump to thier location and time zone, after people arrive on atlantis, and atlantis is designed to self destruct and flood the first time forcing them towards the docking bays in a clever rouse to examine whoever finds atlantis first and

determine if they are worthy, and thats why we dont see sheppard or zelenka, they are kept and used by the ancients to help supplement thier numbers and provide a layout of the new galaxy they are going to when they know they had to come from earth due to the location of where the gate was only accessible from....

theory, backed by what if they didnt lose any ancients in transports above, but it was a recorded fake loss, just to make sure when they left that the person janus would "help" to keep the city functional

would set her companions on the right course... and nothing is a coincidence or chance... further backed by the hologram being a ancient that has ascended giving just the right amount of information, and the

ancient protected world that still exists etc

Comment

Originally posted by AleksisMi View Post
                Conspiracy theory, Janus and the council leave a time jumper programmed to jump to thier location and time zone, after people arrive on atlantis, and atlantis is designed to self destruct and flood the first time forcing them towards the docking bays in a clever rouse to examine whoever finds atlantis first and

determine if they are worthy, and thats why we dont see sheppard or zelenka, they are kept and used by the ancients to help supplement thier numbers and provide a layout of the new galaxy they are going to when they know they had to come from earth due to the location of where the gate was only accessible from....

theory, backed by what if they didnt lose any ancients in transports above, but it was a recorded fake loss, just to make sure when they left that the person janus would "help" to keep the city functional

would set her companions on the right course... and nothing is a coincidence or chance... further backed by the hologram being a ancient that has ascended giving just the right amount of information, and the

ancient protected world that still exists etc

Seriously, you should write fanfic.

Comment

Working...
                X